1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Big Trade non Rockets

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by alejandro266, Jun 26, 2002.

1. alejandro266

alejandro266 New Member

I just heard a rumor from a radio Station in Dallas that per a member of the Dallas coaching staff Denver has traded Mcdyess for Camby and #7!!

allegedly the #17 from Washington will be included so Posey deal must be done with Washington. 17 for Posey maybe with lue thrown in.

I know You guys might not care but I think everything is exciting on draft day.

2. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Wasn't the #17 pick already involved in the Alexander trade?

3. JoeBarelyCares

JoeBarelyCares Contributing Member

This doesn't work cap wise. NY has to be throwing in another player. Hoopsworld is quoting this Dallas radio station report as saying one of NY's three point guards is involved, too.

Come on Clutch, let NugzFan back for a day so that we can roast him.

4. carlit0

carlit0 Member

The 17th pick many be redealt, in another trade.

5. desihooper

desihooper Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

From Dallasbasketball.com the webpage for the Dallas Radio host Mike Fisher:

Del Harris just called us at FOX Sports 1190 and DallasBasketball.com to whisper that NY is about to trade Camby and No. 7 to Denver in exchange for McDyess and No. 17.
    He didn't have the most flattering things to say about McDyess. Or about Yao, who he has worked with, for that matter.
    The whole conversation will be available in 5 oclock hour on FOX Sports 1190.
    Fish

also....

IF Harris' info is accurate (I feel fairly comfy with it), the 17 is a foregone conclusion. And more is probably wrapped in here, possibly including Charlie Ward. ...
    See, Dennis? Give me a minute and we won't have to make up scoops :)
    FIsh

6. RocksMillenium

RocksMillenium Contributing Member

Hey Nuggets4 can you confirm this? If it's true, it's a good trade for both teams, assuming Denver was going to lose McDyess. When healthy Camby is VERY good and has a shot-blocking title. And that lottery pick, in a deep lottery, speeds up their rebuilding project VERY quickly! And this trade would save Layden's job. Of course I haven't heard any reports on this, so who knows. Then again a lot of these trades aren't announced until the draft anyway.

7. heech

heech Contributing Member

Weird, Del Harris was quoted in ESPN The Mag a while ago:

---------------------------------------------------------------
    Del Harris, then the Lakers coach, was at the camp, and he fell in love with Yao. He was telling everybody, 'I gotta get a picture with that kid because one day he's gonna have a real impact in the NBA.'
    ---------------------------------------------------------------

But now that he's a Dallas Maverick, is he part of the propaganda machine?

8. DearRock

DearRock Contributing Member

WFAn has just announced a 99% done deal between Den and NYK. McDyess to New York and Denver's 25 pick for Camby and New York's #7 pick. Den now will have #5 and #7.

9. TexasG

TexasG Member

Damn, that's not bad at all. Remember they also still have Donnell Harvey who's only 20.

10. Oski2005

Oski2005 Contributing Member

Man, If he's healthy, that's not a bad move for NYK. Instead of investing in a future big man, they have a possible allstar right now. Denver, man, the rebuilding is about to begin. I hear West wants to trade down, so maybe there could be a switch there. But it looks like Denver may walk out of that draft with Nikoloz Tskitishvili and Chris W