1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rudy: Hero or Fool?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by TroyBaros, Jun 26, 2002.

1. VooDooPope

VooDooPope Love > Hate
    Supporting Member

A team guy like Rudy will always be a hero in my book. He has been loyal to the rockets almost all of his adult life and over half of his entire life . You don't find that type of loyalty in sports anymore, and a person that loyal is the epitome of a HERO.

2. Dennis2112

Dennis2112 Contributing Member

I believe that Doc already said that Rudy's job is NOT on the line nor is it in jeapordy of becoming so in the near future. If you think Les did not sign off on this decision, then you more desperate to prove your point than I thought.

Guess who pays the bills? Les does

Guess who said he did not care about the luxury tax as long as we are improving? Les did

Guess who is involved in every decision this franchise makes? Les is

So to say that Les will be blindsided by the Ming thing is bit off the mark. I think Les is well aware of what Ming can bring to the team and the risks. Les trusts Rudy and Rudy will leave on his own terms. He is a Houston icon and will be treated as such.....period.

3. AzCkR

AzCkR Member

how can u believe hat stevie wouldnt leave if ming sucked and we didnt make the playoffs next year? im not necesarily sayin this is whats gonna happen i jus wouldnt be suprised if he left if yao was no good an we were back in the lottery. if ming can grab 10 rbs a game id be suprised. he wont be used to the physical game of the nba at the beginning of the season. maybe near the end of the year but not at the beginning. i think 6-8 rbs could be reasonable. if we dont make it to the playoffs again i think rudys gone.

4. RocketsPimp

RocketsPimp Contributing Member

Ming will be the starter of this team if he plays better than Cato.

If Francis leaves because the Rockets trade Cato(which I personally also think would be a mistake for the simple fact that we need more than one legit center), then we're better off without him and the piss poor attitude he would be displaying.

BTW, I don't actually think Francis has a bad attitude, but I do know that Troy does.

5. rezdawg

rezdawg Contributing Member

Troy,

Who do you think you are? Stop acting like you know the "inside" scoop. You dont know sh$%!! Everything that comes out of your mouth is pure sh$%!! You were wrong about the Rockets not picking Ming. You are wrong about Steve leaving Houston. Get a life.

6. Sofine81

Sofine81 Member

Look I wont put Troy down and give him benifit of ragging or feeling like he has the benifit of being put down!

Does this post have any real story behind it or are you merely posting your opinion. Let me say we are all intilted to our opinion, but since you "say" you have insider info, I wondered if you had posted something that was fact based.

THANK YOU

7. RocketsPimp

RocketsPimp Contributing Member

That is a very good possibility, but it is also your opinion, not a fact. There is a difference.

8. Oski2005

Oski2005 Contributing Member

If Rudy gets fired, the people of Houston will be pissed. Francis and co. will be pissed, except for Cato(hence troy=cato). Why would Les do that? It doesn't make sense. Last year was a fluke, it doesn't count. This year, with a healthy roster and some new talent, we will be the 45 win team from before, maybe even better. Besides, who will replace Rudy. Van Gundy? Dunleavy? Whatever. How ever, Rudey won't coach forever, eventually somebody will replace him. I think it's time the Rox hired Kenny the Jet to be an assistant coach. He could help the guards and be groomed as a succesor.

9. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Come on Troy, you're telling people they're putting their foot in their mouth? With this thread you're just admitting defeat and putting your foot down your throat so far you could tickle your ass.

You were wrong... just move on.

10. The Real Shady

The Real Shady Contributing Member

Troy it looks like you could be right. The chronicle is reporting that Francis's status with the Rockets is now in the air. Check out the link.
    http://houstonchronicle.com/francis

11. JBIIRockets

JBIIRockets Contributing Member

Troy, its like you are completely sure that Yao Ming will be a flop. Well, read this troy, YOU DO NOT KNOW!

If you are going to take a know-it-all attitude, then boast about something that is a fact.

Only God knows how Ming will perform in the NBA, not you or anyone else.

I agree that a debate should be out there about whether to select Ming or not, but, Troy you are just wasting server space with this thread.

We already know how you feel about Ming and Rudy T. You are clearly looking for attention at this point.

You call out rookies on the board, yet I thought a "senior member" would know not to continually repeat his own takes.

Weak.

12. Bogey

Bogey Contributing Member

I love this Troy Baros character, always instigating people and making me laugh.

13. Drewdog

Drewdog Contributing Member

Reality is a b**** isnt it Troy?

Well hey at least you arent bitter

:rolleyes:

14. Administrator

Administrator Administrator

15. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

Troy,
    I've never said anything rude to anyone on this board, but you SUCK. It's like you want the Rockets to fail. Screw you and screw Steve if he won't grow up.

If Steve wants to bolt over something like this, then he would find a way to bolt someday over something even more stupid. Forget anyone who is that selfish.

16. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

Maybe Troy is Cato's brother. The one that looks just like Cato but has no skills. Wait, I'm describing Cato. Maybe Troy is Cato after all.

17. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Steve has never in any interview, or any press release said one bad thing about Ming. Nor has he threatened to leave the team if the Rockets draft Ming. Any disagreement Steve has with drafting Ming has been handeled professionally and kept an internal matter. I think that's the mature professional way to do it.

You may want to bash Troy for spreading rumors and making Steve look bad, but please don't bash Steve when he hasn't done anything unprofessional in regards to the Ming draft.

18. michecon

michecon Contributing Member

If troy = Cato then bitter,
    else if troy = Cato/Steve's b**** then do;
    attitute = royalty,
    intelligence = moron;
    end;
    else troy = Loser.

19. Sphere

Sphere Member

Hey Mattress Mac.....uh I mean Troy....I thought you were in London begging for another crappy tennis tournamnet that features a bunch of lame men players instead of hot chick players like Kournikova???

BTW Mac, are you even a Rockets fan??

20. rocketrc

rocketrc Member

Man Troy,

While I can't say for sure whether or not you do have a few inside sources, I can say that your arrogance is astounding. You will attempt a dry comeback about how you don't care for our "babbling" or whatnot, but truth be told you love the attention. Let's face it, you can't even stay away long enough to back up your claims. Every time a new wrinkle develops, you try and spin it in your direction merely for your amusement.

Peace.