1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rudy: Hero or Fool?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by TroyBaros, Jun 26, 2002.

1. TroyBaros

TroyBaros "Special" Friend of Steve Francis

Well Houston will get there Ming but a dynasty? Hardly.
    Rudy will either be the hero who gave Houston life or the man who drafted a 7'5 flop.
    Make no bones about it Rudys job is on the line with this one.
    And you guys better pray Steve resigns his extension.

No Steve=No contention for years to come
    No Rudy=Unfamiliar coach on a new team

Cato is the starter of this team and that will not change unless, Rudy and Cd make the mistake of trading him..which will assure Francis one way ticket out of H town..
    Ming will be treated like a circus animal and not the player he is.

So when Jay williams or Dunleavy are tearing it up on the courts and little MING is sitting on the pine just like Wang did, Houston will go down in the history books as the Team who drafted CHINA not a player.

Welcome to politics Rudy, it has just begun.......

I know one thing Les and Rudy better put up signs on the billboard saying they will MOW Steves grass for a year if he resigns. Worked for Chris Webber.

2. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

hhhmmmmmm Bitter?

Rocket River

3. Thanos

Thanos Member

* yawn *

4. RunninRaven

RunninRaven Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

If Steve Francis seriously left because the Rockets managed to trade Kelvin Freaking Cato of all people, then I don't want him on the team anyway.

I do agree that Rudy's job is partly on the line this season, but I hate these tendencies people have of putting everything into blatant black and white. Is Ming going to dominate this season? No, of course not. Few expect him to. Is a lack of domination a sign of a bust? Hell no. If Francis sees a slow start by Ming as a reason to leave, then good riddance. A player like that would never lead a team to a championship anyway.

5. JT

JT Member

How much does Steve pay for mowing the grass at his place? My boys are looking for summer jobs.

6. Oski2005

Oski2005 Contributing Member

You guys ever wonder if the reason Troy is against drafting Ming is that he is Kelvin Cato?

I have a question, will the Rox unveil a new logo before the season starts like the way the Mavs did the year before they switched? You know, change the floor at Westside and have some practice gear.

7. CLFranchise

CLFranchise Contributing Member

TB, none of your posts are interesting.

1) Steve isn't going anywhere
    2) Ming is gonna pack the stands, and he'll have a decent first year. 10 pts/10 rebs, or more.
    3) Rudy won't be fired as long as we have a winning record, which should be on Francis' shoulders, not Ming's.

CLF

8. red

red Contributing Member

TroyBaros: Fool or Fool?

9. redao

redao Member

Troy did it for free.

10. BubbaMac

BubbaMac Contributing Member

This is going to sound like a contradiction but I wouldn't reply to this thread because the more people write and respond, the more incentive it gives this guy to be the hemorrhoids on the ass of society.

11. Joe Fan

Joe Fan Member

Rudy is already a hero --

(1) First for his stoic recovery from that criminal punch he took;

and

(2) Because he figured out how to get an Olajuwon led team to the Finals and give Houston it's ONLY championship EVER in a major sport.

However, to address your idea, you are probably correct that there are some jobs on the line here. Not just his. But I don't think Yao will flop (he could get hurt but couldnt we all?) but I don't think he's going to come in and light the world on fire either. I think we will have a playoff-quality team regardless. The key to next season is the recovery of MoT and Steve more than how Yao will do. A healthy MoT combining on the front line with Yao and an improved EddieG (with Cato and Kenny off the bench) sounds pretty good to me.

12. ROCKETBOOSTER

ROCKETBOOSTER Member

I didn't think you could possibly make Francis look any worse..

this has to be your idea of a joke....right?

13. RocketForever

RocketForever Contributing Member

Troy, sory for being honest. But I have to tell you I am so sick and tired of your posts.

14. rhester

rhester Contributing Member

Rudy and CD are not making this pick without Les A. approval.

If Ming flops it won't be because he lacks the size and skill.
    It will take injury or politics to send him down as a bust.

Ming is more talented than Cato. So why stir up trouble. We are drafting a very good center prospect with the #1 pick. Not a bad BB decision.

Which is better for the Houston Rockets?

A. Steve and Co. become positive and supportive of Ming.

or

B. Steve and Co. carry a negative attitude towards the rookie.

15. UTrocket

UTrocket Member

Has it already been established that TroyBaros = Kelvin Cato?

But your right the outcome of this draft goes a long way to determining the Rockets future. I think you have to take the risk (maybe it's a BIG risk) to possibly make the team a lot better. We won't get this chance again soon so you have to pounce on it.

16. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Can Yao Ming hire you to mow HIS lawn after he becomes a good player in the NBA?

Chris

17. TroyBaros

TroyBaros "Special" Friend of Steve Francis

Hmmm you just put your foot in your mouth if they were not interesting then why did you post....
    Your a rookie so take your lumps like the rest of us and read on!

3)Its been told time and time again Rudy does not take this team to the playoffs THIS YEAR he will be GONE.
    Does not take much for an Owner to realize 4 years without a playoff birth will not keep Les happy.

18. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Shouldn't you substitute TroyBaros for Rudy in the title, Troy?

19. Old Man Rock

Old Man Rock Contributing Member

Can Someone lock this thread.

20. Rollinrockets

Rollinrockets Member

No TroyBaros = J Rocket

maybe...maybe no