1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Clutch Front Page Story

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by heypartner, Jun 26, 2002.

1. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Since the front page is down, and the story is somewhat buried in the "server down" announcement, I thought I'd post it here.

He confirms it was a just a few assurances to fax to the CBA (re: Asian Games) and for them to fax us reciprocal assurances (re: full season and playoffs). Such sticklers for formality. The hold up is just weird though, since Feigen says we always gave them those assurances for the Asian Games. I am left wondering whether they were trying to renege on their assurances about the month of May East Asian Games that Yao and Wang played in 2001, given that Dennis Lindsey said on Monday that we "need assurances," seeming to say that we were yet to receive them.

Seems like all a bunch of nothing though.

Oh well, water under the bridge.

#1 heypartner, Jun 26, 2002
    Last edited: Jun 26, 2002
  2. NJRocket

NJRocket Contributing Member

HeyP...see, I told you there was nothing to worry about. You were so paranoid ;)

3. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Yeah, but you were the one who made me paranoid. ;)

4. NJRocket

NJRocket Contributing Member

I'm just glad it's over...can you feel the love? Can ya? Yao's a Rocket and Pro and Anti-Mingers everywhere are dancing in the streets, Mariah Carey's "Hero" is playing and Ming is officially the THING!

5. Ubiquitin

Ubiquitin Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Yao Ming! Ming Yao! G-ni-moay! O-ay-G-nim!

6. Relativist

Relativist Contributing Member

It says regular season and playoffs. That's good enough for me. But what about preseason and training camp? Just curious.

7. C-Kompii

C-Kompii Member

This year he will play in the World Championship Games and Asian Games with his national team during August and October. Other than that, he should have a pretty much uninterrupted preseasons till maybe the Olympics in 2004.

-G'day-