1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Let me calm everyone down...

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by RocketForever, Jun 26, 2002.

Tags:
  1. RocketForever

RocketForever Contributing Member

Dont worry guys. We will get the clearance right before the draft, select Yao Ming with the #1 pick and officially kick off the 'Ming Dynasty'. They are just trying to hold it until the last minute to make the whole thing more dramatic...See you guys in the draft party tomorrow !

2. Holden

Holden Member

thanks.
    just because you said so...i have not a care in the world anymore regarding this...i hope youre from the CBA...

:(

3. Refman

Refman Contributing Member

I think you've been watching too many movies. This is a business decision for all parties involved. This isn't about "drama."

4. Shark Rocket

Shark Rocket Member

This is a BIG deal.
    Big deals always get fetched at the last minute.

That is how business is done.

5. bigboymumu

bigboymumu Member

I guess I can go to sleep now!

6. RocketForever

RocketForever Contributing Member

yeah..u will wake up with good news tomorrow...

7. Refman

All I am saying is that if the deal gets done, it won't be done at the last minute just to add drama.

8. TroyBaros

TroyBaros "Special" Friend of Steve Francis

Ming Dynasty what a friggin joke. Ming will be lucky if he plays 15 minutes a game and averages 6 pts.
    Some Dynasty.
    Another Wang on the pine......

9. Refman

I think comparing him to Wang is a little extreme. But I will say that Ming will likely be closer to Rik Smits than Hakeem Olajuwon.

10. Holden

Holden Member

so you believe ming will be a worse player than jason collier and kelvin cato? and will ride the bench? i mean those are the only other centers we have. are you saying theyre better than ming?
    i gotta tell you, even if ming is a disappointment..i cant seem him being a big enough disappointment to lose the starting center job to cato. and that goes for his first game in Htown, his rookie year. ming is an upgrade at center, you have to at least admit that...

11. Refman

Holden--

I agree with you, but I'm not ready to say that we should burn the #1 pick on a guy just because he's better than Kelvin Cato. We could get somebody better than Cato with the #37 pick.

12. Holden

Holden Member

yes. i agree with that as well. if i knew he would only be slightly better then cato i wouldnt pick him, but i dont think he will be that big of a dissappointment. i think he will be a quality center.
    all im saying is even if worse comes to worst, and ming is a bust......... he'll be starting over cato and not riding thebench...
    as sad as that sounds...its true...our bust will be starting..
    but we dont have to think about that....
    because he'll be great...

13. Refman

From everything I have been reading on this site and elsewhere I think Ming will be great next year...for the Shanghai Sharks. :(

14. Holden

Holden Member

15. Refman

I know. It's terribly disappointing. I don't think I am ready to spend the #1 pick on a guy who isn't committed to the Rockets. Especially when we could pick up the 8 and 12 and use those to draft Amare and a good SF.

16. ESource

ESource Member

YAWN.......

17. Refman

You can yawn all you want now, but you'll be among all of us in here b****ing if Ming doesn't get FIBA clearance and he plays for the Sharks next year with us having burned this pick on him.