1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Iverson mention

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by zaam, Aug 19, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zaam

zaam Contributing Member

2. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

Well if the Rockets are trying to do everything in thier power to put a championship level team this is the route to go, as we have no SG and 1 and 1/2 offensive players on the team. However, beyond next year, there is zero reason to have Iverson on the team.

3. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

Wanted to emphasize I am anti-AI, but he would arguably make the 2009-2010 better, but would probably impede the team after this next year.

4. MC_hammer

MC_hammer Member

another one year rental player...would be interesting at the least

5. TMACFORMVP

TMACFORMVP Member

That article was written on the 5th, I'm sure we'd have heard something about it after nearly two weeks. Not to mention do we even have 5m to offer after signing Anderson, Taylor and Budinger?

6. TheGreat

TheGreat Member

Where does he play if McGrady is healthy??????

PG = Brooks??
    SG = Iverson????
    SF = McGrady

Ariza off the bench?

Trade Battier for a legit center...

7. BleedRocketsRed

BleedRocketsRed Contributing Member

We don't even have $5M

8. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Adelman cant wait to add another ball stopper :rolleyes:

9. True Rocket

True Rocket Member

We beg Iverson to come off the bench.

10. worzel gummidge

Article is dated two weeks ago... When Rockets officially had at least $5M of their MLE available.

Detroit aren't taking on $5M worth of contracts just for a 2nd round pick to facilitate a S&T. If this news is genuine. IMO it'd cost the Rockets at the very least Lowry or Landry.

11. HTown_TMac

HTown_TMac Member

Only way we sign Iverson is if we quit thinking about defense.

12. mob16151

mob16151 Member

Im confused as to what detroit or a S and T would have to do with us signing AI.

13. ArtisGilmore

ArtisGilmore Member

After signing Andersen and the 2nd round rookies the Rockets no longer have $5 million of the MLE to spend.

14. mob16151

mob16151 Member

Ok but he was talking about a S and trade with detroit....I was under the impression AI was a free agent.

15. Sooner423

Sooner423 Contributing Member

Wouldn't be opposed to a one year deal. I think he has some left in the tank.

16. McGreat1

McGreat1 Member

What the guy wrote in the report was right.

With TMAC looking to come back and prove that he perform at an elite level and A.I wanting to prove that he's still the same A.I that he was in Philly....that would not be a good fit...in fact DISASTROUS to our team play in my opinion because both needs the ball in their hands to be effective as they are volume shooters.

17. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Neither would I, if he'd take what we have left of the MLE, but I can't see him doing that. There would be the cap problem still to be solved. AI will go elsewhere, IMO.

18. chosans

chosans Member

I would take him on for a one year deal.. Having at least one (former) superstar on the team would make this coming year a lot more interesting and who knows maybe he has some things to teach AB.

19. vanilla_ice

vanilla_ice Member

signing iverson would be a horrible idea..he does not fit into our team mantra of defense and a one year rental would have no benefit to us at all. Him and aaron brooks on the court would cause more problems then benefits, and should T-Mac return it would become an even bigger mess. He might also disrupt the solid team chemistry we have, and its not like he would turn us into solid contenders either.

20. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

Only way we could even offer AI 5 million is a sign and trade. Which means we'd have to give something up. I don't think Morey would give anybody up for a one year rental.

Where would he start? A backcourt of Brooks/AI would be fast and entertaining to watch, but that would probably be the smallest backcourt in the game. Add that to our thin front line. No way Iverson comes off the bench either. If somehow we ended up with AI, I wouldn't be mad. We could actually use some scoring.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.