1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

What do you take with you when you work out?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by JBIIRockets, Aug 17, 2009.

Tags:
  1. JBIIRockets

JBIIRockets Contributing Member

I'm curious because I would like to take as little as possible.

But my real question is, do you wear shorts without any pockets when you jog? I mean, unless you have a locker at a gym, I think work-out shorts without pockets is the stupidest thing I have ever seen. Yet, I have 4 shorts without pockets that I would like to wear, but I can't. I have no place to store my phone, mp3player, keys, wallet.

I thought about buying a fanny pack, then I saw them, and knew I wasn't going to wear that.

2. Vinsanity

Vinsanity Contributing Member

Does your gym not have a locker room? I bring my backpack with a towel, combination lock, protein container, creatine, and amino powder all in my backpack along with a shaker cup. I get to the gym, go to the locker, put the amino powder in my shaker cup, then lock up my keys, wallet, and phone along with everything else in my bag. Work out and drink my amino drink during my workout. Then come back and make a post workout shake with creatine and amino powder. Grab my backpack and head out. How in the world could you workout with keys and wallet and phone all in your pockets?

If you gym doesn't have a locker room with lockers, then disregard everything I just said.

3. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

Typically, most gyms have a locker room.

4. Cannonball

Cannonball Contributing Member

I go to the gym from my house so I leave my wallet and just take my license and my membership card. Then I have a key ring with just my car key and house key on it. Other than that, just my iPod and a bottle of water. I leave the phone at home or in the car.

And I wear shorts with pockets.

5. finalsbound

finalsbound Contributing Member

Heart rate monitor and keys. I either hold the keys or put them in my bra.

6. TheBigAristotle

I have the same problem.

7. ItsMyFault

ItsMyFault Contributing Member

Haven't worked out since December of last year... gained over 25 lbs... :(

Now, I'm lazy and struggling to lose lbs... and even worse my latest blood test had high levels of cholesterol.

8. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

You know going to the gym at least once a week really helps. If you are too busy with other stuff.

Although, I did hear that going on a diet is 10x more efficient than exercising.

9. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

working out is a lifestyle. i think once you get into the habit, it should be part of your routine.

personally, i only take my keys, water bottle, and ipod to the gym. that's it. i hate when people bring their phones to the gym, do a set, and just talk on the phone for like an eternity. i'm like, finish your sets and move.

and yes, shorts without pockets are stupid. who created that?

10. JBIIRockets

Ok, but what about jogging at say Memorial Park? How can anyone do that with shorts w/o pockets. I saw some shoe clips where one can store cash, a license, couple of keys, and then clip it to your shoes.

(to get to the point, I have 4 longhorn shorts w/o pockets that I would like to wear, proudly, while jogging, but I can't. I'm trying to find a legit use for them)

11. JBIIRockets

You know what the worst part is. Shorts with college logos on them don't have pockets. It's ridiculous. I have yet to find Texas shorts with pockets.

12. rawool

rawool Member

Pretty much the same as Vinsanity.... gym bag with my gym card, car keys, towel, supplements, shaker and water bottle. I only wear shorts with pockets when I'm lifting, just to hold my iPod. I can't stand having loose items jiggle in my pockets. I bought one of those arm bands that hold your iPod and keys when I go running in parks.

13. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

like you, i have 2 shorts w/o pockets (nikes too for god sakes that my ex-girl bought me). sometimes i wear them on my cardio days and i always have to hand-carry my keys for a 2-3 mile run. it's not too bad, but it annoys me.

but still, i haven't found the logic in shorts w/ no pockets. even swimshorts have pockets in them.

14. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

I bring an MP3 player that loops - "Now i'm done" throughout my workout.

15. Bogey

Bogey Contributing Member

I think we found your problem, I don't think they make those short short's with pockets. :p

16. Franchise3

Franchise3 Member

Why not leave your phone in the car and only bring your driver's license instead of your whole wallet (and also leave that in the car)?

17. DaGlide

DaGlide Contributing Member

I bring my big muscles and a can of whoop ass (just in case).

18. Pete Chilcutt

Pete Chilcutt Contributing Member

I have both type of shorts, I usually just bring my phone gym membership and License. Sometimes and Ipod.

19. JBIIRockets

Hate leaving valuables in the car. But I'm gonna have to learn to change and accept that I guess.

20. aussie rocket

aussie rocket Member

Did you hear that on a ad for a diet company by any chance? :rolleyes:

Exercise > Diet - although ideally in conjunction.

Diet would only be > Exercise where a person is either dangerously obese, or ricockulously anorexic to the point where any sort of increase in their heart would instantly kill them....ie almost never.

On topic...I rock a singlet and sweatpants (as we call them - TRACKpants) take my house keys and my membership card, to go along with the Nano.

When I get there I mostly flex in the mirror 95% of the time, hit on chicks the other 5%.

I keed. I keed.