1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Just some thoughts... Hou/Knicks

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by myronm, Jun 24, 2002.

1. myronm

myronm Contributing Member

"We could probably do better for Francis, but it wouldn't be the worst deal we have ever made."

I agree!

I wonder how many people understand that the Rockets can only go as far as Francis takes them. I am a fan, but I am realistic, Francis has suffered with migraines. He is a score first PG and an outstanding rebounder. I do not feel that the potential "team chemistry" is that great with Francis, Mobley, Rookie at the three (Griffin is not ready, Rice is done), a glut of talented but somewhat soft fours (except for Thomas, but he is undersized), and Ming and Cato at the Five (Ming not ready for a couple of years and looks like another face-up shooter).

I think that the thought of adding a defensive Small forward in Sprewell, a pass-first PG to help train a future PG in Jackson, and Camby who is not a FT Center in this league but can play the Four spot.

What has Houston built in the last three years that this trade disrupts? I don't know but as a fan that goes back to the early eighties, I think that the Rockets will improve regardless of what they do, but don't give me the line about "TEAM CHEMISTRY". when discussing this current group of players.

Taylor is not a potential all-star, Rice is not a potential all-star, and Cato is not a potential all-star. FRANCIS IS A GREAT PLAYER!!! I agree with all you, but I ask each of you to think about how far can Francis take this team with the soft inside players that Houston will have in Ming(I am assuming!), Taylor, Thomas, Cato, Griffin( For a few more years), etc.

Originally posted by BuckeyeRocketFan

Ming
    Camby
    Griffin
    Mobley
    Jackson

But we have a bench of Wagner or Wilcox(with #7), TMo, Norris, Sprewell, #15 (Dickau if we take Wilcox, Hilario if we take Wagner)

2. R0ckets03

R0ckets03 Contributing Member

Houston is not about to trade 80% of its starting lineup. No matter how good a trade is, a complete overhaul of the starting lineup can never be good. It would take another 2-3 years to form any sort of chemistry between the Choker, Stickman and our young players.

3. Loco Gringo

Loco Gringo Member

When you say TRADE ACCEPTED.. by who exactly?..
    So houston send their potential superstar to represent them
    in the draft and then turn around and trade him for New York
    Trash.... thats going to happen

4. myronm

myronm Contributing Member

I think the key is the 20% that Francis represents. If we as Rockets fans are tied to the others for the sake of continuity, someone remind me what that teams' record was last season. I understand that injuries were an issue so the continuity from the 45-win team from two seasons ago is virtually gone with Hakeem's departure and the myriad of injuries.

YES Sprewell choked his coach several years ago...he is still a good player that could help us. I do not think Rudy would have that issue with Sprewell!

I wonder what your time frame is for the current team to get "chemistry". Frnacis and Mobley do not pass to Rice because he is usually in street clothes, Thomas works hard but still comes up "short" in the West, Cato, well I'll leave that alone, Taylor is a soft jump shooter who does not rebound and is coming off of a major injury and at last report is a bit overweight, and...

I applaud the loyalty that many of you show the members of this team, but I suggest that we (all of us) come to the realization that this team even adding Ming is not put together to win a championship...

ONCE AGAIN, I AM A ROCKETS FAN, but I am an honest fan!