1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Just to let you know, Andy Katz is talking NBA Draft on ESPN Radio

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by SWTBrent, Jun 24, 2002.

Tags:
  1. SWTBrent

SWTBrent Member

Andy stated no center in this years draft is ready for the NBA and none including Ming will contribute to their team next year. I dont know if Katz is sniffing too much white-out or is he right???? More to come!

#1 SWTBrent, Jun 24, 2002
    Last edited: Jun 24, 2002
  2. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

Andy Katz is the College Writer. Yao Ming didnt go to college, so obviously Andy doesnt know nothing abut him.

Hopefully:)

3. SWTBrent

SWTBrent Member

He also writes on the NBA for ESPN.com

4. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

I thought he only wrote for College nd the NBA Draft.

5. C-Kompii

C-Kompii Member

Most of us here has seen or read more about Yao Ming than many writers out there. Clutchcity is one of the primier place to gather information about Yao Ming, we have many great posters here.

-G'day-

6. RocksMillenium

RocksMillenium Contributing Member

Katz may do the NBA, but he's mostly a college writer. The college writers admit Ming is good, but then lump him in with the other big men. Mike DeCourcey said that Yao Ming has far more talent the other 7-5 or 7-6 big men like Shawn Bradley, and Muresan, and Bol, and that he is a different animal. Then in the next sentence he said that he didn't think Ming would be successful because no other 7-5 or 7-6 big men have been successful. Then he said that Bradley came in with a lot of talent like Ming and flamed out. That's stupid. Bradley was nowhere near as talented or athletic, or quick or as fast as Ming. Also Bradley hadn't played basketball in 2 years. It's just a case of people lumping Ming in with the other giants.

7. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

what were bradley's numbers as a rookie? i think they were pretty decent. seeing how ming is miles ahead of bradley in everything(weight, talent) it seems he could put up at least that or much better. i hate comparing the 2 at all because their not similar, but height-wise i don't see how he won't make an impact.

8. Old Man Rock

Old Man Rock Contributing Member

Katz and Chad Ford or ESPN's main guys for the NBA draft. But Ford seems to be more in the know. I don't pay much attention to Katz's opinion... but he does have good sources and can sometimes get a hold of a good scoop. So I do listen to his trade rumors. And his mock draft isn't too off. Better than many.

9. Pat

Pat Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Just out of curiosity, how many of you/us think you know more about any draft prospect than any writter for a national publication?

10. hoopgod13

hoopgod13 Contributing Member

I don't, that's for damn sure.

11. rimbaud

rimbaud Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

He put up about 10, 6, and 2 bks.

12. AzCkR

AzCkR Member

ive heard more than one time likely ming he wont have that big of an impact in the nba his first year. i think its probably gonna take time for him to get used to playing with more athletic players than the ones he played with and against in china. itd be nice if he could be in houston all summer to train so he could be more ready, but i guess thats not happenin cus of the damn chinese government.

13. LAfadeaway33

LAfadeaway33 Member

I think he'll start off like EG. At the beginning of hte season he'll mostly shoot from the outside but as the season progresses he'll move inside more.