1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Marbury talking about how he broke Yao's ankles

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by BasketballReasons, Aug 7, 2009.

1. ElDobleK

ElDobleK Literally Zan Tabak

I didn't say the craziness was what made Marbury unbearable. Everyone's got some crazy (some more than others). What makes Marbury such a handful is the fact that he hasn't progressed (emotionally) past where most of us were in high school.

Artest is like that crazy uncle you always liked: he generally held it down, but he might freak out from time to time and ruin Thanksgiving.

Marbury is like that cousin who used to get you in trouble by convincing you to go egging houses and bashing mailboxes, but now you're both 30 and he's still doing that stuff and it's just sad.

2. Shaud

Shaud Member

I'm not going to judge Steph on this. It seems like he is going through some personal problems at this stage in his life. I guess he didn't think his basketball career would go down as much and as quick as it did. Also I keep hearing about his parents dying. I wish him luck that he gets better.

3. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

Hooch is crazy.

Can we change Starbury's name to hooch?

4. kyle7758521

kyle7758521 Member

There is no way in the hell for this stupid guy to play on the court again.
    judging from his IQ, i feel so sympathy for him!!!

Marbury!!! Stupid and jackass!!!!!1

5. TECH

TECH Contributing Member

I don't know if it was mentioned, but I remember Marbury giving Yao a hard
    elbow to the stomach.

6. KALIKULI

KALIKULI Contributing Member

marbury is full of it! He'll be bashing everybody on the net all season long cause he won't be signing any contract!

7. Yodels

Yodels Contributing Member

To be fair, he probably doesn't know any better. In a team sport each player either has to have leadership or be able to fall in line. He had problems with both. He couldn't co-exist with Garnett in Minnesota so he left...and he couldn't lead multiple teams because of his 'tude.

He lost a little bit off his fastball and he's not Larry Bird so he can't beat teams with sheer b-ball IQ. I'm sure he can do some good things on the court but so can a young player. I believe a short player in his 30s needs skills such as hustle, toughness, & IQ to survive-- ala Stockton & Zeke.

If I were a team Francis would be the better option if he's physically okay because of his toughness, improved 'tude, & hustle even though Marbury had better b-ball skills when they were younger.

8. Super Von

Super Von Member

Hes lost it.

1560 played some video of him where he gets in a car wreck and is like "dont worry about it, thats just the devil"

Hilarious.

9. Super Von

Super Von Member

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/4pPwlrRkNVU&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/4pPwlrRkNVU&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>