1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Tracy or Yao?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ross84, Aug 8, 2009.

?

Tracy or Yao?

Poll closed Aug 13, 2009.
  1. Tracy

186 vote(s)
    47.3%
  2. Yao

207 vote(s)
    52.7%
  1. Dave_78

Dave_78 Member

I would rather have neither but if I HAVE to pick one I will go with Yao simply because the effort is consistent and a dominant big man is always better than a dominant perimeter guy.

2. SugarLandDream8

Yao has seen the second round. Mcgrady hasn't even though he has been in the NBA almost twice as long as Yao.

Yao took this team to the 2nd round and over 50 wins without Mcgrady last year.

Ariza = Artest

Maybe

Ariza slightly better than Artest or Artest slightly better than Ron

Let's see how far Mcgrady leads our team this season without Yao.

Most experts think the Rockets are lottery bound.

However if Yao was healthy even if Mcgrady is hurt, most experts would think the Rockets would make the playoffs.

3. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

Neither? :/

4. Dave_78

Dave_78 Member

I don't think either guy ever could or ever will lead a team to a Championship. They both have mental deficiencies. Tracy's being that he is a bum with no heart and Yao's being that he loses focus and become frustrated easily.

I do, however, believe Yao can be part of a Championship team just not the sole leader of one. McGrady will never be a rotation player on a Championship team.

5. rfila

rfila Member

Why am I not surprised :rolleyes:

I used to put a bit of time for serious discussion here and I gave it up long time ago.

From what I know, the vast majority of Rockets fans from China have lost quite a bit interest and respect for the Rockets and The Real Rocket Fans. It has something to do with Yao's injury, but the main reason is what they have seen after getting a closer look on the Rockets and its fans. The old guys could have shown more of the better part, in stead of the not so good part, to the new comers.

The Rockets and its fans don't know what they have missed. But hey, why would they even care about it.

6. winnabagel

winnabagel Member

Do injuries apply with this decision? ;)

7. Ferrarii

Ferrarii Member

8. fogo11606

fogo11606 Member

with zone rules I'd take Tmac

Oldschool : Yao no doubt.

9. RedRedemption

Well, at least pick one. I say a healthy McGrady is better than no McGrady.

10. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

I'm not sure I understand what you mean. You seem to be referencing some sort of unfortunate trend, but I think I missed something.

11. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

really? even luke walton is a rotation of a championship team. if he was a 2nd option to another great player rather than a 1st option, he would have done great.

12. T-mac&Yao=RING

T-mac&Yao=RING Contributing Member

Not this again.

13. T-mac&Yao=RING

T-mac&Yao=RING Contributing Member

At 25 so sad. :(

14. Go_YaoMing

Go_YaoMing New Member

neither of them...

15. vinsanity89

vinsanity89 Member

The HATE on TMAC is so F'n annoyyyyying!! I would love to see anyone of ya lazy asses try to do what he does. And to poster who said Yao made it to the second round and Tmac hasn't, STFU :mad: You obviously don't know that it takes a good team to win in the playoffs, not just 1 amazing star that carries the whole team on his back. Check the rosters/boxscore in the playoff games Tmacs played. These SUPER ROLE players we have are best we've had for the last decade. If we had a healthy Tmac and Yao, i KNOW we could've beaten the Lakers.

16. 1individual

1individual Member

A healthy Tracy, double teaming, fronting, or anything else won't stop him.

A healthy Yao, double teaming, fronting, and everything else will stop him.

I go for Tracy.

17. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Why is pointing out Tmac's faults automatically called hatred, maybe if people actually took a realistic look at what Tmac has done, and how he is a big part of the reason for his lack of success they would understand why people feel he has not lived up to his potential.

As for this pole, I personlly hope we trade one of them.....we can't have 2 injury prone star players.......

DD

18. pmac

pmac Contributing Member

It doesn't make sense to have any unless it is for a discounted price. I'll take both back if they'll play at a high level for cheap.

I doubt that happens. If either of them plays well after coming back from injury someone will overpay them.

19. aussie rocket

aussie rocket Member

What is this, 2006?

I want some new star players to bash.

;)

20. RedRedemption

I hate it when people bring this up. Why do I have to do the same thing he does to criticize him? So I lose the right to criticize other people because I am not in the NBA? Lol, get real.