1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Folks Possibly On The Trading Block At NBA Draft

Discussion in 'NBA Draft' started by X-PAC, Jun 24, 2002.

1. X-PAC

X-PAC Contributing Member

Credit Denver Post

Let me just ask first of all... Baron Davis??? If anyone can help me out with why, that would be much appreciated. Thanks.

2. JamesC

JamesC Member

From what I understand, the Hornets might be reluctant to give Davis a max contract.

3. ClockworkOrange

Why would the Hornets not give him the max? So many other players get it and they don't deserve it. He's increased his game in the passed 2 years, especially in the playoffs. He's proved to be a very good conerstone for a franchise. That's just my 2 cents though.

4. CinciRocketFan

From what I have read, Baron Davis is upset that the team is moving to New Orleans and has told the team he will not sign a long-term deal, so they are seeing if they can move him now before he leaves as a free agent. What they would probably love to do is deal him to the Bulls for the #2 and take Jay Williams if they could convince Krause to do that kind of deal. Probably not, but you never know.

5. KanHoop

KanHoop Member

I've read that Davis and his agent are asking for a trade, maybe to a big market and/or the West Coast, but the Hornets say they won't trade him. Once Baron's agent made noise, other teams started calling the Hornets to have their offers rejected. I'm sure the Knicks have offered Charlie Ward and Kurt Thomas.

6. Nuggets4

Nuggets4 Contributing Member

Add Antonio McDyess to the list. You can tell if he's gone by the Nugs pick. We take Tshivilli, McDyess will be gone by teh end of the night. We take Butler, he'll stay.

7. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

The Hornets don't like paying for talent. They's sooner trade Shaq before maxing him out. Witness the 194 consecutive free agents who never returned to the Hornets' roster. So, it wouldn't surprise me they'd balk at paying Davis the max, even though it's obvious he's a max player.

I think trading him to Chicago for the #2 makes sense on both sides. Jay Williams won't be significantly -- if at all -- better than Baron Davis. Plus, Davis is a known commodity and a can't-miss PG for Chicago. Plus, he's got a few years experience and can dig Chicago out faster than Williams can. So, there's plenty of motivation for Chicago. As for the Hornets: they'll get a first-class, if inexperienced, PG for well below market value for 4 years. When his payday approaches, they can trade him for another lotto pick. The only loser in the trade are fans in New Orleans, who will watch their team always compete but never contend.

8. Greg#3

Greg#3 Member

Andre Miller - Does anyone else think that he could be traded to Golden State for #3? If he wants to go to the West Coast, this could be his chance. He'd probably have to agree to a contract extension though before the Warriors would agree to the deal.

What could the Nuggets get for McDeyess?

9. Nuggets4

The latest rumor I heard was Dice to NY for #7 and Spree. I <b><u><i>SERIOUSLY</i></b></u> question this one. Dice for #7 however I could see. The Nugs would probably go for Tshivilli and Wagner in that case.

One wild rumor that I've heard floating around here is James Posey + #5 (Tshivilli) to Phoenix for Shawn Marion & #9 (Wagner probably). That has me really excited, but once again, probably doubtful.

10. Swopa

Swopa Contributing Member

That was more or less my guess from afar ... except for the end of the night part. Whoa! But it does make sense.

On the Golden State front, Antawn Jamison was all over local radio today, talking about moving to PF ... and when asked about his backup, Troy Murphy was the first name he mentioned. Sounds like Danny Fortson is boxed, taped, labeled, and sitting on the FedEx counter.

11. Nuggets4

Swopa,

Kiki is still pissed at Dice for ditching the Europe tour. Right now he just has to decide if he wants to build around him (pulling in Eddie Jordan and trying to get Marion hoping to lure Kidd) or if he wants to start over from scratch (and build around Tskitishvili).

12. Swopa

Swopa Contributing Member

Yeah, the either/or part I understood ... and when you think about it, if they're going to concede McDyess leaving, they should trade him now when his value will be highest. It's just being confronted with the sudden finality of it that surprised me.

Come to think of it, the Nuggets' decision may hinge on what offers they get for Dice. If no one will give up a star or potential star, Kiki might as well take his chances.

P.S. Do you think Kiki would be interested in Jamison? :D :D :D

13. tay money

tay money New Member

with Lamar on the block, I would love to trade him for the #5. Sign Billups with the exception (he would go from 2.7 mil this year to 4.6 or whatever it is) and you have billups, posey, odom, dice, and howard as a starting five. It might take posey + the #5 to get odom though, I don't know how desperate Sterling is in LA. Then I think we look to get gadzuric or jamal sampson with the 25th or 33rd