1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    The Timberwolves are roughing up the Nuggets, can they hold on for a Game 2 win? Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live!

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

It's over for the league

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Outlier, Aug 3, 2009.

Tags:
  1. Outlier

Outlier Member

Umm how is that even fair? We haven't even seen Durant's prime yet.

2. warmshizzle

warmshizzle Member

Okay. Nowhere in his post did he say he worked out the same muscle everyday 6 days a week. So, that pretty much discards your whole arguement.

And also, your understanding of the concepts your talking about is completely flawed. I have no idea why you decided to give your input on durants muscle building capabilities when you obviously have no clue as to what your talking about.
    Im not about to explain why you are wrong, because that would require me typing up a ridiculously long essay which may not even get read.

So pretty much, I'm just posting to warn people about your post and if they actually want to learn about how muscle building works, they can probably google it themselves.

3. Alvin Choo

Alvin Choo Member

I just cant get it. Your definition of a superstar is a player that helps set his team up? All yao does every single game is to dominate the paint and score every single possession. How is that call setting the team?

And if you put Rox record with Yao on/off the court, why not try and see whats the record that Thunder can put up without Durant.

And finally, Yao finally get to the 2nd round of the playoff just because Tmac did not play? Its as much fault on Yao as it is on Tmac when Rox cant make it pass the 1st round.

And added information for your limited knowledge, Wilkins is a hall of famer and his team have been to the Conference Semis 3 times in a row.

So get back at me when you actually know some basketball.

4. RocketBlood

RocketBlood Contributing Member

Durant Hook'Em!

5. jaxwithanx

jaxwithanx Member

You don't really get the idea of a highlight reel, do you? And it is in a street tournament, give me a break...he is 6'10" and the best athlete on the court and he is supposed to be distributing?

What a dumbass.

6. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

I never said I worked out the same body part everyday. I said I worked out everyday and rested 1 day a week. I actually only worked my chest twice a week.

Anybody can gain size, some just have to eat more to do it. The problem for most thin guys is that they don't get enough calories to gain mass. Look at Lance Armstrong or Michael Phelps. Those guys eat 7-8 thousand calories a day in order to keep their size.

7. RocketsPimp

RocketsPimp Contributing Member

First? LOL!! Define garbage? What exactly are you proclaiming?

I have no doubt they will improve possibly to the 35-38 game range, but let's not get ridiculous. This team won't be making a run at the playoffs.

8. JujuxG

JujuxG Member

nope, player on ****ty team can't win it, look at last season D-wade, unless u are avg 40.

9. JujuxG

JujuxG Member

but neverless he is still a great player and can still develop.

10. towW

towW Member

11. leebigez

leebigez Contributing Member

Fair enough. Its just when people say 15 lbs of muscle on a thing guy, it would be visable in seen areas like arms,chest,and shoulders. To gain 15lbs in the upper body in 3 months, that's very, very tough, but he can get stronger without the bulkiness.

12. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

They do have Rocket champion Scotty Brooks as their coach.

He can teach the kids the lessons learned for Rudy T and Clutch City.

13. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

I never read anything about all 12-15 lbs of the new muscle being only in his upper body. That is EXTREMELY unlikely. KD is like KG, who also started out as a walking skeleton but put on weight and strength over his career (and yet still remains thin and wirey).

14. str8tup

str8tup Member

it's not that hard to gain 15lbs in 3 months. I went fro
    140 to 158 in that time.

15. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

The main difference being Durant can shoot 3's and Garnett can't. :)

16. King1

King1 Contributing Member

Yes you can

17. rocketblaze

rocketblaze Member

The only things we can compare right now is their physical attributes, b/c Durant is still developing his skills....

Small Forward Comparison

Kevin Durant vs. Tracy McGrady vs. Lebron James
    Height= 6'10 Durant/ 6'8.5 McGrady/ 6'8 James
    Wingspan= 7'4.5 Durant / 7'2.5 McGrady/ 7'0 James
    Standing Reach= 9'2 Durant/ 9'1 McGrady/ 8'10 James
    Vertical= 34 inch Durant / 43 inch McGrady/ 44 inch James

PS. Bench Pres is irrelevant, b/c Durant can get stronger, just like McGrady did out of high school.

18. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

KD can shoot the rock. He was able to do it in college. I thought he would have more trouble in the pros, but I guess not. Tmac was never as good as KD at shooting.

19. fmp087

fmp087 Member

Hopefully he doesn't bulk up to the point where his shooting declines.

20. leebigez

leebigez Contributing Member

Not to punch holes in your analysiis, but I would have to see somewhere in writing offiicially that james has a 44" vertical. If you notice most of his stuff is off one leg,not vertical.