1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

How about adding Rashad McCants?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by RudyTBag, Jul 31, 2009.

Tags:
  1. Chamillionaire

he"d be a good signing if he's willing to sign for the minimum.

2. Rocket86

Rocket86 Member

It is getting there because He is running out of options. Minimum would be a long shot. More likely a figure much less then what He is expecting.

3. Rocket86

Rocket86 Member

^ My mistake, I meant this comment about Wafer not McCants. My bad. :D

4. Marcus Bryant

Marcus Bryant Member

McCants is even worse than Wafer than defense, and we all know what caused Rick A to kick him back to the locker room.

5. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Jeeeez, Tell me we could not use a proven, scoring, young, 2-guard with potential in training camp. 15 points a game on 45% shooting in 26 minutes is not too shabby....I am not sold on our bench scoring, or scoring in general...

I think this guy is young enough to groom even if he was not a fit right away...25 years young...

FREAKIN PETER JOHN RAMOS!!! JEEBUS!

From Draft Express...

"September 26, 2008
    Overview: A talented shooting guard who is still trying to fulfill his potential after missing his second year as a pro with a knee injury. Is almost completely back to where he was physically. Not the biggest player around, but makes up for that with very nice athleticism and an extremely high skill level on the perimeter. Stronger than most guards, and has a tremendous 6-11 wingspan. Has a terrific stroke and is an extremely naturally talented scorer, but is a bit too one-dimensional considering the tools he has at his disposal. Looks too much for his own shot, very turnover prone, doesn’t get to the free throw line enough, and doesn’t contribute much beyond the scoring column. Had a tremendous three year career at UNC. Was a dominant offensive player in the ACC from day one. Was a key component of the Tar Heel squad that won the National Championship in 2005. Had a decent rookie season. Rebounded extremely well from his injury plagued sophomore campaign. Has somewhat of a reputation for being a malcontent, and has had problems with his coaches throughout his career. Body language, attitude can look questionable at times. Will field quite a bit of interest when his rookie deal expires at the end of the 2009 season. With some slight adjustments to his mentality and technique and better teammates around him, could really blossom and emerge as a terrific prospect at the 2-guard position.

Offense: Tremendously talented player who still needs to learn the nuances of playing efficient team basketball. A true gunner who fancies himself as somewhat of a go-to guy offensively. Amongst the league leaders in both field goal attempts and turnovers per minute. Gets about a third of his touches on the pick and roll with another fifth coming from each of spot ups and isolations. Doing a lot more ball handling now than he used to. Possesses a great jump shot. Not bothered by a hand in his face. Quite a catch and shoot option. Knocks down the three at a superb rate. Shows great perimeter footwork. Terrific shooter off the dribble when he’s making good decisions. Shoots the same shot every time. Will get a little aggressive with his shot selection. Settles for bad shots early in possessions and has a tendency to freeze out his teammates at times. Has the ability to make tough, off-balance shots, but relies too heavily on this part of his game. Scores effectively from all over the place, but isn’t a good finisher at the rim. Lack of size and toughness at the rim makes it difficult for him to finish in traffic. Tends to avoid contact at times and gets to the free throw line at a poor rate considering his usage. Has the length and athleticism to finish some impressive dunks over defenders, but is much more content pulling up off the dribble from mid-range. Shifty ball handler. Can break his man down one-on-one, but lacks the slashing mentality to be a great isolation threat. Is far too turnover prone considering how little he gets to the rim. Becoming an effective option in pick and roll situations. Sees the floor well and has a nice all-around feel for the game, but is too lackadaisical at times in his approach. Can create some matchup problems with his ability to post up smaller guards. Doesn’t get the chance to operate against shorter players all that often limiting his effectiveness. Gets too aggressive at times. Needs to improve his discipline in the flow of the offense to reach his potential.

Defense: Has the length, strength and athleticism to be extremely effective on the wing. Appears to put good effort into this end of the floor at times and possesses good smarts and fundamentals, making him fairly capable when he wants to be. Takes possessions off on the defensive end, like everyone on Minnesota, but is an asset when he comes to play. Closes out under control and does a good job contesting shots and denying penetration. Makes up for his lack of prototypical size with his excellent wingspan. Uses his body extremely well, and will force his man to change directions when he seems to be beat. Will show extremely active hands in bursts. Doesn’t come over to help out from the weakside. Caters his defense to his matchup, showing great intensity when he’s guarding an elite player, but relaxing when he’s posed with a player that won’t score much. Does a good job recognizing his matchup, playing off players who aren’t shooters and crowding those that are. Not going to force many turnovers. Won’t rebound the ball at a very good rate at all. A cerebral defender that maintains good position, and knows what it takes to get the job done. Needs to avoid taking nights off and letting lesser players score on him when he’s not focused. Would help him to have a shot-blocking presence behind him to help out when he gets beat."

#85 RudyTBag, Sep 4, 2009
    Last edited: Sep 4, 2009
    1 person likes this.
  6. worzel gummidge

Pass on adding another undersized SG. The Rockets have already filled their quota on those in Taylor.

7. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

We don't have anymore roster spots.

8. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

6-11 wingspan undersized? I strongly disagree...He is not undersized in the slightest...

9. dakeem1

dakeem1 Member

I don't understand what is so misleading about the title. Could you please explain?

The titles ask, how about rashad? It is simply asking a question, not stating a fact. So I don't see how the thread title can mislead you to believe that the Rockets are actually going for him. This is purely a hypothetical discussion, which I don't have a problem with in a boring offseason.

10. Strawman

Strawman Member

The logic is flawless.

11. giggity12345

giggity12345 Member

"McCants.

His last name contains a word that means inability.

He sucks.

No Thanks."

lol.

12. jopatmc

jopatmc Contributing Member

Not much risk if we could get him for the minimum. However, I'd like to see if Wally S. would come for the minimum instead. He's better.

13. ahaqcxz

ahaqcxz Member

Who can help me ?
    Why my account cannt creat a new thread...

14. HTown_TMac

HTown_TMac Member

You know in basketball and stuff. Rookies get hazed right?

This is your hazing :D

15. ahaqcxz

ahaqcxz Member

haaa..Im a beginner both in english and basketball..

here is a video about Tracy Mcgreat in Heifei.China
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2PqHqVb0vsE

16. Pete Chilcutt

Pete Chilcutt Contributing Member

You cant being threads untill you are a member. But cool vid good to see hew still has alot of support in China

17. ahaqcxz

ahaqcxz Member