1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Why are the Cavs compiling so much crap?

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Strawman, Jul 31, 2009.

1. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

I think they did need an impact player. A Vince Carter caliber guy to take the pressure off Lebron. Mo Williams isn't good enough. Of all the recently mega-stacked teams the Cavaliers are the ones lagging the furthest behind. They brought in some decent guys but they aren't going to perform at a much higher rate, they are hardly "Spurs" caliber role player acquisitions. Not utilizing Wally Z's expiring last season was idiotic.

2. MambaJoe

MambaJoe Member

The Cavs believe that any player they picked up, would be great players. One thing is that I don't understand where they get all that money for those guys.

I feel like teams like the Suns give the Cavs decent to good players for trash. I mean Cavs can trade for anyone they want and teams just caved in.

3. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

i think you're just being picky about it because you live and toronto and when the hometeam is underachieving you look for players to blame it on.....the same thing happens here with Brooks...

I wouldnt call the players crap at all...maybe the moves are crap, as in, not good fits, but the players are solid....personally i think they're just anxious to win a ring to shut the door on Lebron leaving...im not sure they actually know who they need and what will work next to lebron..they've tried spot up shooters, they tried bringing in scoring.. they both worked, but eventually fizzled....now they are just trying to stockpile talent in hopes of experimenting with it and finding a rotation that's effective with players who complement lebron best...trial and error basically..

4. Rocket86

Rocket86 Member

They had the best record last season and they are basically bringing the same team plus Shaq, Parker and others. I do not see them lagging that far from the rest of the upgraded teams. Those teams still have to build chemistry while the Cavs have that so I think they would have a great start. Shaq could be the player that lessens the defensive pressure on Lebron. He still attracts double teams and no matter how old he is :D , He is still effective in the low post. They only lost Wallace and Pavlovic for him. Players that were not really on the rotation. If they were it was only temporarily.

5. Cook1ez

Cook1ez Member

Im coming to toronto in a few hours!
    Tell me a nice spot to hit up if you don't mind.

6. Rambo

Rambo Member

CN tower is always nice.

7. Northside Storm

Northside Storm Contributing Member

go back to montreal

before toronto infects you and destroys your soul.