1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[UFC] Fedor Emelianenko, UFC finalizing deal?

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by farrisdabis, Jul 28, 2009.

1. Legend Killer

Legend Killer Contributing Member

Could not agree more. I'm so tired of this already. Ultimately it comes down to Fedor, if he wants to fight in the UFC, he will fire his management team and sign the deal. If he is afraid of tarnishing his legacy, then he will continue to hide behind his management.

If Brock continues to improve and dominate his opponents, he will get so much hype and eventually be labeled as the greatest HW because the perception will be Fedor was afraid to fight him in the UFC.

2. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

I thought Fedor owned part of M-1. I think Fedor is smart and will do what ever is in his best interest financially.

3. farrisdabis

farrisdabis Member

I've read that he owns about 20%. He basically IS M-1.

4. brentdapmp

brentdapmp Member

In the offer that they rejected he turned down 5mil a fight for 6 fights and on top of that M-1 was going to receive a portion of the PPV money for any event Fedor fought in. This would NOT be in his best interest financially. Who can offer him more? Nobody He is M-1. When he retires M-1 goes away, It will never become some big MMA company. I just don't understand any of his management team's logic.

5. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

Fedor has a lot of leverage right now and is using it. Everyone wants to see Fedor fight Lesnar and Fedor knows this. Its not like the negotiations are off. It only becomes a stupid move for Fedor financially if he signs somewhere else for less.

6. farrisdabis

farrisdabis Member

Recap from Dana's press conference today. Some big news. Alluded to a network TV deal.

7. DaDream

DaDream Member

I guess Fedor is not really wanting to fight the most elite fighters. M-1 needs to just admit they need UFC. I know they have leverage cuz they have Fedor but thats it. I don't blame them for trying but come on. I guess he will have to be content for fighting scrubs.

8. Legend Killer

Dana White hypes the crap of these " huge announcements that will change MMA forever". They always end up being a huge let down.

9. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

edit...it's not fedor not wanting to fight people but it's him and his management not wanting to take less than they got from affliction. they got more guaranteed from affliction plus affliction did that dumb co-promotion crap. no way ufc does a deal that risks the stability of the organization. fedor's bro alex has it right when he said his mgmt was holding fedor back. i think fedor will fight whoever whenever but his team is trying to strongarm the wrong organization. fedor has almost no one left to fight outside the ufc and will have to accept a lesser deal and be looked at as a person who is afraid to fight in the ufc if he doesn't take ufc deal. i think dana is doing a great job with this and, in my opinion, there is a strong chance that m-1 will have to come back to the ufc deal if they can't get a organization breaking deal done with strikeforce. fedor needs the ufc more than the ufc needs him.

and if dana can get this rumored espn/ufc deal done then he controls everything. dana white talks too much and can be a complete dick at times but the guy has been amazing at propelling the ufc to top spot in mma and getting mma more mainstream.

10. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

I don't understand what Dana meant by that. Maybe it was just a jab at him because the dude has fought some of the best and biggest names at the time during his career.

11. MoBalls

MoBalls Contributing Member

You must not be a big fan of MMA.

12. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

i think it was just dana talking bs trying to take a jab at fedor for not taking the great deal the ufc was offering him.

13. Legend Killer

I think he meant that there are no good Heavy weights outside the UFC. Who can he fight besides Rogers? All the big names are in the UFC. Unless he wants to continue fighting UFC rejects like Sylvia and Arlovski.

14. DaDream

DaDream Member

Yeah, he got more from Affliction but look where Affliction is now. Gone the way of Elite XC.
    And Yes Fedor has fought Elite fighters but will not continue to until he joins UFC. UFC is the most stable and biggest MMA arena out there and that has to carry some weight.

15. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

mousasi and overeem are in strikeforce too

16. aboinamedray

aboinamedray Contributing Member

Please. Sylvia and Arlovski were both former UFC champs, both at least top 5 HW before Fedor ripped through them. It's funny how all the UFC=MMA people want to forget that these guys were their own champs. All the sudden when Fedor fights Sylvia outside of UFC he becomes "washed up" and Arlovski becomes a "glass chinned" can.

Fedor has nothing left to prove in my book. Look at his record. Look at who he's beaten: Heath Herring in his prime, Big Nog twice in his prime (he's still a consensus top 10 HW even though he's way past his prime), Mark Coleman and Kevin Randleman (who were no slouches at the time), Cro Cop in his prime, and not to mention two top 5 HWs back to back.

MMA is not just UFC, no matter what all the TUF fans think.

17. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Yeah, I guess. Because he's a moron if he thinks Fedor doesn't fight the biggest/best in the heavyweight division. Fedor and/or his management may be greedy, but I don't think the guy dodges fighters. I still think it was a pretty goofy comment if he was quoted verbatim/correctly.

18. farrisdabis

farrisdabis Member

The only threats to Fedor in Strikeforce are Rogers, Werdum, and Overeem. Most likey Fedor rips through them all.

Dana White can be a douchebag, but overall the guy is the best thing that's ever happened to MMA. If he gets a TV deal with ESPN/ABC that would be a pretty damn big deal.

19. Legend Killer

No question about it. The guy gives the fans what they want.

20. London'sBurning

London'sBurning Contributing Member

If M-1 finds a better deal elsewhere that means they don't need UFC do they? I don't blame them for taking their time to negotiate so they can decide where they would like Fedor to go. It took almost a full summer for Morey to negotiate with Landry's agent before they took the deal. I think its pretty unrealistic to expect Fedor to decide where to fight a week after Affliction folded. Give it some time. Also if Fedor doesn't fight for UFC its not a big deal. Both Fedor and UFC have been doing great without each other.