1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Who is going to drop on draft day

Discussion in 'NBA Draft' started by Justin, Jun 22, 2002.

1. Justin

Justin Member

Last year their was one player that most people thought for sure would be a first rounder and ended up land deep second round Lauren Woods. Teams were worried about his back and were not sure if they should take him, so who is going to drop in the draft on wensday. I think it will be Stoudemire I dont know but I just have a funny felling that he will drop down not to the second round but to late first round cause of his lack of experience and last year the highschool players weren't to impressive since none of them made the all rookie team.

2. mfclark

mfclark Member

The key with high schoolers is potential, not immediate impact. Look at all of the HS stars in the league today - Kobe, McGrady, O'Neal, Garnett - and look at how long it took them to come into their own. Teams know what they're getting into with Stoudemire; he won't drop past 18.

Personally, I think Wagner or Woods will be the ones to drop, as their games get picked apart up until the draft.

3. Greg#3

Greg#3 Member

I agree that either Woods or Wagner will be the big dropper in the lottery. I bet one will fall out of the Top 10.

4. ElGrandeQueso

ElGrandeQueso Member

Curtis Borchardt or Carlos Boozer.

5. Rocketblast

Rocketblast Member

Amare Stoudemire

6. Stylez

Stylez Member

Q. Woods is dropping fast. I don't exactly know why but it looks like he'll be out of the top 10. If he does, I think the Rockets should trade up a bit to pick him up. The Rockets were impressed w/ his workouts and he would be the SF we need to complete this team.

Other than woods, it looks like Wagner is dropping out of the top 7, but Stoudemire seems to staying put. I've heard the Blazers are trying to trade INTO the lotto to pick him up.

7. tozai

tozai Member

Wagner definitely. If he does not get picked my Memphis he might go down to #10. Woods already has dropped projected from top of draft to anywhere from #11 to #16. Stoudemire should stay put, Hilario is very unstable. Dickau could drop from projections, so could Ely, Borchardt, Prince if the Rockets don't take him, Jacobsen...

8. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Woods, Bronchardt and Wagner seem to be the three that are dropping the most. I would not be surprised if 2 out of the 3 are selected outside of the top 10.

Chris

9. LAfadeaway33

LAfadeaway33 Member

I don't think Woods is dropping. I'm pretty sure that Miami will pick him if he's there. After that, any team that he falls to will certainly pick him. I see Wagner falling way down.

10. Desert Scar

Desert Scar Contributing Member

Chris, no offense, but that isn't much of a bold prediction. Ming, JW, MD, Gooden, Butler, Tskit, Wilcox and Nene are all but "sure thing" top 10 picks. That only leaves two spots--so if either Jeffries or Stoudemire go in the 2nd 5 (very probable) your prediction has to come true.

Now if you say Woods, Bordchart and Wagner all are out of the top 10 and 1 drops past 15, that would be a bold prediction :)

Personally, I cannot fathom the Clips and Heat both passing on Wagner if he is available (meaning for sure he is a top 10 pick). The best Woods can hope for is the #10 pick and could slip to #15 or so, Bordchardt is even more likely to not go top 10 but I expect him to go between #12-#14 though.

In my mind Woods (who I think is falling) and Stoudemire (who I don't think is slipping at all but you never know) are the major wildcards that will impact what we get at 15.

11. german rocketfan

I think Qyntel Woods,DeJuan Wagner,Curtis Borchardt and Caron Butler will fall.

Kareem Rush,Jason Jennings,Nickoloz However,TayShaun Prince,JR Bremer and perhaps Juan Dixon will move up.

GRF

12. BULLS10

BULLS10 Member

steve logan and curtis borchardt might drop to the second round