1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Question about Houston Radio

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by carmichael dave, Apr 10, 2009.

1. MoonBus

MoonBus Contributing Member

Yes, they still have him. Those segments are very enjoyable.
    One funny segment I recalled recently was when the host ask him how he felt about TMac not giving his own team a chance to win (during the playoffs) and not showing up with the team during his injury. Bass commented that he had a broken leg during one season and had he made such a comment, his teammates would've made sure that he have 2 broken legs. :D

What?! No 610 for you?

2. JeopardE

JeopardE Contributing Member

In all the sports radio station threads/posts I've read on this BBS, there seems to be one universal truth that is agreed upon by everyone:

The 790's monsters show is by far the worst show on Houston sports radio, and Lopez in particular is downright insufferable.

Do they not get feedback? How is it that these guys are still on air? Somehow I get the feeling that if one of the other radio stations were to introduce a local show at the same time that was halfway competent, these guys' ratings would plummet to subzero. Apparently that task falls to 1560, but their game still isn't up to par yet apparently.

3. FishBulb913

FishBulb913 Contributing Member

I actually like the Adam Clanton experience, but don't really like him on with Mark.

Mattj was alright when he was with Wexler but can't stand him with Rich Lord

Wexler is a very good radio guy, good opinions, doesn't just try to stir up controversy

Charlie P is very knowledgeable, but as someone else said, sometimes dives into history too much for me.

Monsters of the mid-day are awful but I find myself listening anyway for some reason. I can't recall a single time I agreed with their take. They are very disconnected with the direction teams are trying to go when it comes to trade/signing rumor analysis.

1560 I hear great things about but I can never get the station to come in clearly long enough to listen.

97.5 I like Dukes but usually listen to the other stations instead, just depends on what the topic is.

4. bushwickbillyd

bushwickbillyd Contributing Member

I hope your kidding, that's the one thing that bugs me with that show.

5. bushwickbillyd

bushwickbillyd Contributing Member

The Best in Houston

1) Charlie Palillo 790
    2) Lance & John 1560

The Worst in Houston

1) Rich Lord & Matt Jackson 610
    2) John Lopez & Ted DeLuca 790

Monsters of the Mid-Day are terrible. All their hypothetical scenarios drive me crazy.

6. vjohnson

vjohnson Member

I like listening to Hoffman from 11 to 2 on 1560 then i switch over to 610 and listen to those guys.

7. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

the only sports radio i listen to is 1560. unless i'm tuning in to a live broadcast.

8. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I listed to NBA Radio on Sirius when they had show with Kenny Smith.

LeeBigEz was a regular and he would always bring good insight and rep the Rockets well.

He talked about getting Artest along time ago and that it would help the Rockets.

he was right.

9. Super Von

Super Von Member

When it used to be Matt and Wex that was the best show on radio.

Still is for Wexler I guess.

10. studogg

studogg Contributing Member

I've been hoping that with he who shall not be named being out on vacation, that the short term re-pairing of Matt and Wex will result in a ratings spike that cannot be ignored by the new manager.

11. NMS Rocket

NMS Rocket Member

has 1560 gotten better? I really liked John & Lance on 610 morning show but it got to be too much Russian impersonations that I just lost interest. Charlie Palilo was awesome on 610 evenings but left for 790. I usually go to Calvin Murphy at 5pm on weekdays but I find that show to be best when its basketball season. 610 to me is best all around.

12. tmac2k8

tmac2k8 Member

610 is on my dial the most - what happened to andrew ware??? Only thing that got annoying is i'm not a big football fan and come football season, that's all your gonna hear in the morning, Rockets can spit out a 10 game winning streat to start the season all they will talk about is texans texans texnas.

790 2nd most listened to for me, I dont find monsters of the mid day too bad, i like that they talk about rockets and astros alot and it seems to be less about texans, i like Charlie P too even though he acts like a douche eveyr now and then.

1560 - those guys are clowns, to me it's more of a Man show..and less of a sports show, they aren't even talking about sports most of the time...

97.5 - I only recently discoverd this, i woudl listen to cavlin on the way home but it's gotten boring since the rockets season is over.

13. rocketabc

rocketabc Contributing Member

OMG, this is slaying me. Don't hate the player....well, you know the rest. Fantastic pic!

I did particularly enjoy the fact that he used his FIRST EVER post to write about me...

14. Super Von

Super Von Member

610 cancelled the Sunday Night Block Party.

Lesbian Craig is on 1560 bashing 610.

15. Super Von

Super Von Member

Basically just called 610 racist.

16. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

they canceled it because it sucks.

Lil Flip sucks.

17. WoodlandsBoy

WoodlandsBoy Contributing Member

Who the Hell is Dutch? A lerker???

Adam had a great interview question today when he asked Steve Slaton, "RU anticipating a sophmore slump?"

I had turn it off but I bet Steve was really happy with that gem of a question. :rolleyes:

18. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

LOLZ! all they talked about was football and how much they hated Yao anyways.

19. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

I never listend to the "Block Party", but the few times I heard Craig I liked him. I think he and Adam Clanton would have made a nice pairing in the mornings for Rockets talk.

20. Super Von

Super Von Member

Craig was ok but the other guys on that show were horrible. "Dr football" who doesnt seem to know much about football.

I liked it because it was basically the only local show on Sunday.