1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Anyone else feel this way [Rockets offseason])

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Pete Chilcutt, Jul 21, 2009.

1. Pete Chilcutt

Pete Chilcutt Contributing Member

Summer after summer for the last 5 seasons, the offseason has been such a drag and couldn't end so enough. We have had such high expectations every offseaon, t-mac, Bonzi, Swift, Artest, ect. It's sad what has become of the offseason this year, right off the bat Yao is done, Artest is gone, and we still have an inured T-mac not due back till midseason...

It seems like its going to be a tough season for us Rockets fans this year, i guess this is where we find out the real fans from the bandwagoners. But with all that said, what are you guys looking forward to with all this bad news...

Chilcutt

2. dntrwl

dntrwl Member

I just want to see one the young guys step up and blossom into a forceful scorer.

1 person likes this.
  3. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I know the off season is long, but it's needed. for next year, i'm just looking forward to seeing what the team will be.

Good or bad, the team will be new. Which in some ways is what is needed.

4. TMac4Life#1

TMac4Life#1 Member

Well how else do you expect the offseason to be when your top 2 injury prone players basically eat up all the salary. Nothing the Rockets could really do until their contracts are finished.

5. joesr

joesr Member

Was Tmac known to be injury prone when signed? ( I dont know that one)

Yao was almost or was injury free for his first 3 years so with the 2nd contract he probably wasnt consider injury prone.

6. jsmee2000

jsmee2000 Contributing Member

I don't know about you guys...I'm excited to see my team play...no matter who we put out there. Can't wait for the season to start.

7. Canadiandude

Canadiandude Member

I'm looking forward to shoveling snow off my drive way, so I can drive to the ACC (Air Canada Center) and root for the Rockets in my retro Olajuwon jersey ;)

8. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

Dido, 2010 Lottery here we come! :p

9. Omer

Omer Member

FAIL...Ditto?

10. mob16151

mob16151 Member

You have a raptors olajuwon jersey....i jest....i jest.....

11. Hou.SportsFan

Hou.SportsFan Contributing Member

Along with a couple posters before me I think it will be great to watch the younger players, Brooks, Landry, Scola (younger in a sense of NBA experience), and so on, play some great ball. Other than that I am interested to see how much better the Rockets will be than is expected, because that just seems the way of the team the last few years, to shine or do something most would think is impossible when all common sense says they won't be very good.

12. shortfuse3

shortfuse3 Member

im probably in the minority but i think we can still be a playoff team even without yao. we beat the championship lakers TWICE without yao, and our tallest player was 6'9.

that says enough for me. i think our heart and emotion can carry us through the entire season. no teams plays harder than us. we'll be in every game and most likely will catch the 7th seed.

13. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I think we have enough talent to not be at the bottom.

14. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

I would love to see a non TMac/Yao player on our team make the All Star team. That would be awesome.

That being said, I'm just looking forward to some fun games, stealing wins from the better teams... not expecting too much.

15. c1utchfan925

c1utchfan925 Contributing Member

I'm actually looking forward to how this team'll compare to others while adapting a run and gun style, while still remaining true to defense. I really can't wait.

16. Canadiandude

Canadiandude Member

ROFL Touche. It's more for spitting target practice tho.

17. MightyMog

MightyMog Member

We going all the Way....Its going to be the year when people thought Cav's, Magic's, Celtic, Lakers were going to win but its going to be the Rockets.

Than we are going to be on the Where NBA happens......24/7

18. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

I know how to spell ditto, I like it my way. :D

And, it was a joke. I don't think we'll be that bad. ;)

19. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

I'm confident Morey will parlay grady's contract into at least one star player before summer's end......it makes more sense than waiting for summer 2010 free agency...

20. EGYPT

EGYPT Member

I am actually optimistic about having Adelman as our coach with this team, otherwise we would have seen 2-3 coaches come and go in the next 5 years.