1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Analyzing the Rockets' 4 drafts and trades

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Rockets2003, Jun 20, 2002.

1. Rockets2003

Rockets2003 Member

I read an article written by the Rocket Guy that says that Rudy and CD have lost their touch. I just want to say that the Rocket Guy is a complete idiot. Rudy and CD have done a great job landing talent. Last year they traded 3 mediocre players to land a stud in Eddie Griffin. Two year earlier, they landed Steve Francis via trade and also picked up Kenny Thomas with the 23rd pick. That same summer, they traded Pippen for Cato, Williams, and Los. Sure, that was a bust, but I would rather have Cato than crybaby Pippen. The year before that, they landed Cuttino Mobley in the second round. Know, they are going to land Ming and maybe another suprise player in Nachbar. Also, the found Mooch from the CBA and signed Taylor from free agency. So, the last few years they have landed Griffin, Francis, Mobley, Cato, Ming, Mooch, Taylor, and Thomas. That is a lot of talent. The only mistake was drafting Collier and Langhi and not drafting Lewis. They broke a rule that says never draft 2 white people in the same draft and the other rule that says draft a high school player with potential rather than Bryce Drew or a guy from Turkey. So, Rocket Guy, shut the h*** up.:p

2. lpbman

lpbman Member

Ming upsets this man so

what a baby

3. Eddie!Eddie!

Eddie!Eddie! Member

The Pippen SIGNING period in general set the organazion back 5 years(but hind sight is 20-20). The worst thing they have done to me is giving Cato a long term deal,a backup pg a huge deal(Moochie),and sign MoT to a big contract when they had just drafted Griffin. I am not saying this because I disagree with you, I too think RT andCD have done a decent job, but some signings were questionable at best.

4. LAfadeaway33

LAfadeaway33 Member

I don't think they were ready for the kind of season KT was going to have. They considered him to be a backup at best.

5. cml750

cml750 Member

I would have to add the RICE trade in there too. Trading for an over the hill player with a fat contract is just plain dumb. I guess anyone can make a mistake now and then. I sincerely hope the Ming deal works out so everyone will be happy!

6. Eddie!Eddie!

Eddie!Eddie! Member

cml750 good Point!!!!! I don't know how I let that atrocity slip my mind!

7. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

The Rockets traded for an aging veteran who was a prolific scorer, remained a great shooter, and who prior to this season played in 95% of all possible games during the season. Hindsight is 20-20, but then maybe they should have never traded for Francis because he has become injury prone and may never show any serious leadership qualities??

8. carlit0

carlit0 Member

All this and Rockets get Ming!!

All these previous errors may have been worth it, by getting the first pick.

You never know!!

9. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

I'll be positve as well. I think Rudy and Mr. Dawson have done a stand up job. We have enormous potential. I think people have forgotten what an unlucky season we had. This was a 45 win team, that has only added talent.

Go Rockets, Team USA and Longhorns baseball!!!!