1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Hermann, his hair and his giant hands leave the NBA for Spain

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Carl Herrera, Jul 17, 2009.

1. GoT

GoT Member

And most likely 50-75% of all the population of Latin American countries. Even more, There are very little 2nd or 3rd generation Americans without having some imported blood in them too.

2. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

Actually my Grandfather from my mother's side was Argentinian and his/our last name is Gordon.

You just pronounce it differently in Spanish.

3. rimrocker

rimrocker Contributing Member

Again with the large man thing. I bet it'd be OK with you if he skilled your wing, know what I mean? Wink, wink.

4. roslolian

roslolian Member

Damn you do know how to hold a grudge :eek:

5. mob16151

mob16151 Member

How dare you imply that argentina harbored war criminals ....thats slander...lol

6. httx713

httx713 Member

Man are we bad in geography here in the states or what. Argentina = South America. Argentina bordered by = Chile, Bolivia,Brazil, Paraguay and Uruguay. Language spoken in Argentina is Spanish. For years people born in Argentina used to be called ARGENTINIANS but as of late that has changed to ARGENTINE because of the Media not getting it right and the ARGENTINIAN government not caring to correct it. I have even heard Matt Bullard referred to Scola and Ginobili as European players ( Wrong Matt, Wrong ).
    Now, Ricky Rubio, and Rudy Fernadez are European players born in Spain and speak Spanish as well; along with the Rocket's 3rd round draft pick Sergio Lull.

Look for yourself :

Venezuela=Venezuelan
    Peru=Peruvian
    Colombia=Colombian
    Brazil=Brazilian
    Ecuador=Ecuadorian
    Uruguay=Uruguayan
    Paraguay=Paraguayan
    Chile=Chilean
    Bolivia=Bolivian
    Argentina=Argentinian

the AN at the end of all these names is the right way. Wikipedia and even the Oxford English Dictionary got this wrong.

7. tellitlikeitis

tellitlikeitis Canceled
    Supporting Member

The draft is 3 rounds now?

8. tellitlikeitis

tellitlikeitis Canceled
    Supporting Member

I'll miss Fabio...

9. Shaud

Shaud Member

Yeah that was one of the saddest stories I ever read.

10. httx713

httx713 Member

You're right; I meant 3rd pick in the second round.. My Bad.

11. tellitlikeitis

tellitlikeitis Canceled
    Supporting Member

All good.

Wow. I have to give props to Herrmann for displaying such resiliency. Experiencing death, especially so much in such a short period of time, is just psychologically jarring.

12. Seth

Seth Member

Hermann was actually good enough for the NBA, he just happened to have bad luck.

In the Wizards he was clearly a better player than Adam Morrison, but still had to wait untill he injuried to get PT, he thrived when he got it and was clearly the first option on the Bobcats during the end of his first season, he was 2 games close of making the PO without 2 key players injuried.

Then the coach changed, and the new coach didnĀ“t trust him and traded him away, MJ even complained about the move. Then in Detroit it was different, he got traded to a team where rotations where set and played behind 2 great players at his spots SF-PF (Prince and Sheed), plus they had a youngster in the SF backup spot that they wanted to develop, still they resigned Hermann after his first season but then again Detroit played like **** and the descicion of rebuilding went towards playing the youngsters again a lot.

I think Hermann would have thrived in teams where the SF is only asked to catch and shoot and cut through the open lanes, teams like San Antonio, Los Angeles, or Portland would have been great for him.

13. merrrlo

merrrlo Member

we do? :p

the truth is of course he is of European ethnicity, but no one calls Chris Kaman a European, and he even plays for the German national team. in fact, how many US-born players of Native American ethnicity has there been? :)