1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Yao Says He Could Return to Basketball Activity in 6 months??

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by dreammvp, Jul 18, 2009.

1. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

He is leaving the Houston sports market as stated in another thread.

He might just do this procedure because he is on hand and qualified to.

2. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

I was reminded of this scene:

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/KX5jNnDMfxA&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/KX5jNnDMfxA&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

3. MD_in_Training

Last time Yao was confident of his health, this happened...

4. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

yao should take his time and not rush. this is a career-defining surgery. come back when he's ready. all rocket fans want him to be back healthy.

5. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Contributing Member

Shooting a jump shot and picking the ball off the floor is basketball activity. Just means he's gonna go about 10% intensity for a few months to probably regain a little flexibility and strength.

If late in the season Rockets playoff chances are bleak to non-existent, I want the Rockets to make the playoffs but thatd be a good thing for Yao so he doesnt get any funny ideas of returning.

6. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

What if McGrady comes back strong, we make 8th seed and Yao feels he is ready to go, Yao joins the team and scores 25 pts his first game as we shock the Lakers at Staples. We meet the Magic in the Finals and Yao dominates Howard, wins Finals MVP.

:eek:

7. joesr

joesr Member

I guarantee we will do better then 15 other NBA teams.

8. jkckwong

jkckwong Member

Yao has the heart and confidence, but I hope that he is patient enough to do the right thing to get back to the basketball court.

On the other hand, after this incident, the Chinese basketball officials concerned must start to realize how to "use" Yao's service in a sensible manner.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed. Yao, get well soon but be patient.

9. Old Man Rock

Old Man Rock Contributing Member

Unless they are breaking his foot and reseting it I don't see any reason why it should take him any longer than the last injury. Yeah I know there is some reshapping of the foot they are talking about but I talked to a foot Doctor who said the fact that the fracture wasn't as severe should mean a quicker healing period. Now I will say perhaps yao came back a little early last year and he shouldn't repeat last years 6 month return but still even 8 months would bring him back in time to compete. I expect Yao to return unless we are so far out of reach of a playoff spot that his return would only hurt are lottery spot.

10. Getred2

Getred2 New Member

Believe yao, a good giant guy

11. RocketsFan#1

RocketsFan#1 Member

I still don't know why he had to be in this sitution. All he had to do was put a cast on it and it would've been healed 100% by this time. But as you saw he was walking on it. A cast should have been the top treatment on his foot. :confused:

12. JujuxG

JujuxG Member

just come back 100% yao.

13. iconoclastic

iconoclastic Member

Blame Tom Clanton (move over Tracy)

14. logicx

logicx Member

As much as I love the Yao that would play on a broken foot and not complain a lot about it...I now would like the cautious, patient Yao who won't come back till he and the doctors are completely sure that he is ready to play. I don't want a single iota of rushing the process from anyone, not doctors, not Yao, not the team, etc..

Now that's what I want, but who am I...

15. Landry92

Landry92 Member

Maybe ..

If he had a lakers jersey on .. the red shirt would bring bad luck to anybody even Kobe .. as long as he is a rocket he'll take as much time as possiable to recover

16. KALIKULI

KALIKULI Contributing Member

Yao is definitely can predict all that, after all base from his previous injuries, he knew his body well so i believe he might be back in January or February for the run in the playoff.

17. Gakatron

Gakatron Contributing Member

Let's face it, if he was to return very late in the season we will already know if we are making the playoffs or not most likely. If not then there is no point at all in him playing and risking it. If we are in the playoff picture then it becomes a matter of whether he can actually make us any better at the time or he just messes up the chemistry. Imo if he can't play at least 15-20 games before playoffs there is no point risking it, just get him 100% and hungry for the following season.

18. Chinesexiaohai

it sounds wonderful

19. BetterThanEver

BetterThanEver Contributing Member

It's a myth that Yao Ming plays year round basketball. He was actually healthier in his first 3 seasons, when he did play year round basketball.

Last year, he did not play in March and April 2008. Then, there is the summer break from May to September, where he might haved played 1 month of chinese ball.

January(1)
    February(2)
    November(3)
    December(4)
    ???(5) Chinese basketball

He played 5 months of basketball, last year. He had 7 months of rest last year, but still got injured in 2009.

20. BetterThanEver

BetterThanEver Contributing Member

That's May to October for the summer break.