1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Von Wafer to sign with Phoenix?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by djohn2oo8, Jul 15, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Of course you wouldn't say it was reaching, you don't like the guy....LOL.....

I would say that a 19 year old has a lot to learn, and that one indescretion this season (although at a horrible time) still shows he is maturing.

Heck Ron Artest is 30, and he is still a nut, some guys NEVER mature.....or at least stop at a certain point.

I wager that Von will settle down as he gets more playing time and has a guaranteed role/contract.

But, I like the guy, so I am going to see it differently.

And, I am a master Asset manager, as already pointed out in this thread.

;)

DD

2. mob16151

mob16151 Member

Or conversely Von wafer instead of maturing could just morph into ricky davis jr.

3. DaDakota

Probably a more apt comparison would be JR Rider, I concede that might happen.....

It is the risk of NBA players, egos and guaranteed $$$$.

DD

4. TMac4Life#1

TMac4Life#1 Member

How can an overrated player generate 30 pages of nonsense. :confused: :confused: :confused: . Its crazy.

5. DaDakota

Dude this is not a TMac thread...

;)

DD

6. Stevierebel

Stevierebel Contributing Member

I have a hard time believing he fit well when his teammates called him Radio. They were serious when they called him that. No joking, dude had a hard time learning things...

His points average looked great but that's because all he did was shoot. He was/is a chucker. That's what he was. Coaching staff took advantage of his hot playoff shooting but when we needed defense he was on the bench.

For all of you all over his offense, why don't you look at how many points he gave up on defense... He probably was close to break even.

Also the book of solving Von has been written... Bump him and get him distracted and he becomes a non-factor... He lets things get to him too easily and disappears from the games/ moments we need him.

His agent got into his head that he was a full mle player... I don't see any teams giving it to him. Phoenix doesn't have their ml to offer.

If he were as great a player that you guys pipe him up to be, he would be signed. Instead the guy is a true headcase and teams across the league know that. And unfortunately for Von, none of you are gm's. Because you would pay him too much...

1 person likes this.
  7. B1llzzz

B1llzzz Member

who think von should have won the mcdonalds slam dunk thing???? I do

8. RocketsPimp

RocketsPimp Contributing Member

I like his instant offense, but draw the line there.

Yeah, Ron marches to the beat of his own drum, but he knows who he is and what he is capable of and has seemingly over the past several years gotten it together. Von clearly has not, especially if he thinks he should be on the court when we need defense or if he thinks he deserves starter minutes.

Because DD has a man-crush on him. ;)

9. studogg

studogg Contributing Member

Who Posted?
    Total Posts: 588
    Username Posts
    DaDakota 79

10. DaDakota

What can I say? I like the guy, and have a lot to say about him.

:D

Hey but thanks for contributing to the thread, your insight was masterful.

DD

11. TMac4Life#1

TMac4Life#1 Member

T-Mac? OOhhhh yeah him. The guy who is actually on this team compared to the one who isn't here because he thinks he is bigger that what he is.

The guy who turns down a low contract because he wants more $$$ because of his lucky one season wonder. Boy I would surely love to have Wafer on this team. Especially with the way he produced with his last 4 teams how can the Rockets pass up on him :rolleyes:

12. B1llzzz

B1llzzz Member

we need WAFER get it done morey :D

13. roslolian

roslolian Member

LOL first off the bolded statement is just so wrong. I don't see wafer dunking from the free throw line so I don't see where you base that on. Secondly, you and I both have no idea what those "few mistakes" are. The rockets are a classy org and whatever internal strife that happens in the locker room usually stays in the locker room. All I know is RA is one of the most lenient coaches I've ever seen, I didn't see him discipline Artest or Brooks when they broke off plays or didn't pass the ball inside. And yet he got all riled up and threw Wafer out of a game. Doesn't that tell you something? When Mr. Nice Guy is all over your ass something is horribly, horribly wrong with you.

I'm not eager to get rid of 16.4 PPG on 49.7%. The question is does paying Wafer money guarantee that kind of production? Or is just a case of someone playing out of his mind? I'm pretty sure Wafer season ave. was much lower than that, less than 10 ppg. Couple that with his abysmal performance against Vujacic and the more I see him as a one year wonder. Don't get me wrong, I still see him maintaining his average (less than 10 ppg), but that kind of production isn't special, we can replace it pretty easily with what we have.

1 person likes this.
  14. B1llzzz

B1llzzz Member

he played less minutes in the playoffs... and sasha did not shut him down

15. stipendlax

stipendlax Member

Did you not watch the playoffs? Sasha definitely got in his head.

1 person likes this.
  16. Illmatic

Illmatic Member

No, Sasha did not shut him down. That would be an insult to people that have been shut down their whole career. Sasha made Von Wafer his b17ch during the playoffs

17. B1llzzz

B1llzzz Member

No he didnt he actually played well... and if u compare sasha to wafer wafer would win

18. roslolian

roslolian Member

considering how wafer got thrown out and was practically DNP after that if you compare the two Sasha won hands down. At least he was available to be played, even if Sasha was 1 Wafer's production would be a 0.

19. DaDakota

One game Wafer got tossed, Ron got tossed twice......

And over the entire series Wafer outperformed Sasha.

If you are going to hate, at least get your facts right.

DD

20. BetterThanEver

BetterThanEver Contributing Member

Duncan got tossed, but we don't see the Spurs trying to get rid of him.

Many players have been tossed out games, it doesn't make them expendable.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.