1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Inside Morey's Mind

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Illmatic, Jul 4, 2009.

1. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

That's a good point. How about two red thingys for them and Ill-matic? If Cook gets bought out, he loses a red thingy. If Wafer signs for the minimum, he loses a red thingy. If Hayes shoots 70% on his FTs, through some sort of divine intervention, Chuck loses a red thingy. The Greek? He sends me some good moussaka, a fresh village salad and a gyro, and loses a red thingy. Ill-matic?

Ill-matic? Beats me... at this rate, he's doomed! :p

2. BetterThanEver

BetterThanEver Contributing Member

...is Yao Ming's foot. We may need to operate on him.

;)

3. Illmatic

Illmatic Member

Morey is trying to build a team that can compete with or without Yao n T-Mac. Although T-Mac is a sure bet that the team will learn how to survive without him, Yao is always welcome.

The major parts on our roster that doesn't match the run and gun style are

Brooks- (He is more of a sg, and I will leave him on the team if he agrees to come off the bench)

Battier- Reminder of past mistakes. He is a very smart basketball player but he lacks the athleticism to implement his smart ideas. His 3's are not even consistent and he lacks any killer mentality on offense.

Scola- This one hurts the most because this guy is a consummate professional (Thank you Clyde). He has bled for the Rockets and done everything expected on such a cheap contract. I would really love to keep him, but if we can include him in a trade for Aldridge, I will pull the trigger. Wherever you are, wherever you go, you have a fan for life Scola.

Landry- He is what we need but he is undersized. I would only keep him on the team if he develops a "consistent" 3pt shot, then I will slide him down to SF

Chuck Hayes- Yeah, i know you are the defense guru, yes, I know you are on our roster for cheap- but lets be real, the only reason you signed back with us is because no other team wanted you, and even if you found another team, you would suck there and all your weaknesses will show. You are kinda like Shawn Marion and Iverson, you only fit one playing style. Once you leave that style and try something new, you stock will plummet. So your stock is low as hell now, imagine i it starts plummeting

Von Wafer- He fits but he is not loyal. He can go play on Mars if he wants. We don't owe him anything, we were the only team willing to give him so many minutes to prove himself and gain some confidence. But did you see how Vujacic ate his lunch during the playoffs. We definitely don't need him.

Mutombo- I'd hate to wish injury on any player especially someone like Mutombo, but if he didn't get hurt, that old rock lol would have suggested he return again to play as Yao's backup. And you guys never realized this, while the good teams were getting younger, we kept getting older. And having Mutombo as a cheap backup to Yao prevented us from looking for an ample young backup to Yao. Not having an athletic young backup for Yao is the reason Yao is forced to play a lot of minutes. Mutombo is good, but riddle me this, who are the best young centers in the NBA. Yao and Dwight. Dwight has a serviceable young big man to back him up whenever need and Yao has Mutombo.

4. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Contributing Member

More like inside Herman's Head than Morey's Mind

5. Illmatic

Illmatic Member

Who's Herman

6. HaywoodJablowme

Wow. This whole thread is exhausting...

With all of this mind reading and speculation about who we need to get and trade for, there seems to be no consideration for that GM on the other line that is trying to improve their team as well. From what I understand, they receive a pay check too.

Don't get me wrong. I'd love to be in your fantasy football league.

7. T-Slack

T-Slack Member

Sorry, but I didn't no where else to put this great video. But This will make all of you happy when you see this. :rolleyes: Pause it at the 21 second mark. I wonder what was in Morey's mind when they were playing with eachother.

<object width="580" height="360"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube-nocookie.com/v/VHtuonMXcPU&hl=en&fs=1&border=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube-nocookie.com/v/VHtuonMXcPU&hl=en&fs=1&border=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="580" height="360"></embed></object>