1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

3 Points Trailer

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DudeWah, Jul 16, 2009.

Tags:
  1. roxstarz

roxstarz Member

who repped miguel09? kid is a troll and nothing more.

1 person likes this.
  2. rocketier1

rocketier1 Member

Seriously... I can't believe how many illogical statements I read from people like him. sigh...

1 person likes this.
  3. DooghMaster9

DooghMaster9 Member

I've read clutchfans for years, I don't post much...this will probably be my last one....Sometimes I read wut some of you people write, in context to basketball, and I think 'wow thats kinda stupid', but I also think, who I am to say anything everyones entitled to their opinion...but today...wow...dont even feel the to need to explain it...who cares wut his motives are, hes helping...and who the HELL cares wut any of us have to say abt sumone whos making a difference

peace clutchfans....

1 person likes this.
  4. SmoothOperator

SmoothOperator Contributing Member

I've been wondering that myself. My guess is that the McGrady hating faction will rep anyone who makes disparaging comments about him, regardless of how dumb they are.

I wonder if there's a way to make who you rep public?

It makes you wonder about these people if they actually do hate McGrady. Hate is a powerful emotion, and it would seem to say more about the haters than it does about McGrady. How low is your own life, if you actually hate him?

1 person likes this.
  5. amaggie05

amaggie05 Member

exactly, and pleeeaase, do continue to post...

1 person likes this.
  6. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

the "trolls" probably rep each other. Although, some show their true colors up front by being red.

7. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

I was hoping we wouldn't end up like spurstalk but it's happening.

where's Clutch been lately.

8. JeopardE

JeopardE Contributing Member

Threads like this are why some people don't like posting in GARM anymore.

It's actually really depressing just attempting to read through the endless string of infantile crassness.

Ugh.

@REEKO_TOWN -- even SpursTalk with all its rampant trolling doesn't get this r****ded, to be honest.

9. DudeWah

DudeWah Member

<br>
    Have you seen the film "Invisible Children"?

10. DudeWah

DudeWah Member

<br>
    You know, its really funny because around maybe march or so there was this poster named miguel_45 I believe who had an eerily similar trolling style. I made that huge statistical McGrady thread and he filled it up with garbage like this. Its interesting that now Miguel09 with a join date of jul 09 comes in and does the same thing here. Hmm..... it makes you wonder

11. DudeWah

DudeWah Member

Actually, it was Miguel45 and now there is Miguel09. Hmmm how convenient. And, that thread was probably sooner...like back in Jan/Feb

12. BasketballReasons

BasketballReasons Contributing Member

Most stupid comment I have ever read.

13. Illmatic

Illmatic Member

so lemme guess, he filmed and shelved it, waiting for the right moment when he needs serious publicity control, and voila, tmac has a movie about helping $1aday African kids. I hope he didn't waste his money travelling to the real Dar-fur, because a good director would have shot a better film right here in Houston with the people we have here.

Just too convenient, kinda like when Sadaam Hussein was captured when Prez Bush's approval ratings were recording a record seismic activity on the richter scale

14. roxstarz

roxstarz Member

I would say something but I think your just trying to be cute. :rolleyes:

15. Illmatic

Illmatic Member

sometimes to prove a point to certain people, you have to take a drastic approach and try to look "cute"

16. mbiker

mbiker Member

I’m not sure how I feel about this. Tracy will make $21,000,000 million with the Houston Rockets this year, and make at least $4,000,000 in endorsements. That’s $25,000,000 just with basketball. That’s not counting his other businesses and investments.

On January 2008 it was reported that he made a charitable contribution to Darfur for $75,000. I have not seen that number go up since it was originally reported. That means he has donated $37,500 within the last 2 years. That represents .15 percent of his income. That would be equivalent to a person making $100,000 giving $150 to charity, or someone making $50,000 giving $75. That does not seem like a humanitarian effort. Also, it will be interesting to see how much revenue the movie brings in and how much Tracy receives for his expenses.

Maybe I’m not looking at this the right way. Perhaps my cynical and jaded point of view is not recognizing that just Tracy’s involvement is enough to draw attention to this important issue. It just seems that if your average person goes down to Darfur and sees the atrocities that Tracy supposedly saw that they would give more than an equivalent $75 to the cause. Something just does not seem right.

17. Drunk_Goat

Drunk_Goat Member

Try to not look at it that way. He could easily do nothing at all, like other nba players that just paint houses and read to children for the "Nba cares" commercials. Simply by him traveling over to a poor country putting himself at risk in a hostel environment is courageous enough. Sure he could donate more but not everyone is a saint like Mutumbo. I think its cool how the Rockets players have been involved in so many great causes. From Yao tsunami effort, Mutumbo's hospital, to T-mac's Darfur cause.

18. supdudes

supdudes Member

I don't know, for some reason Tracy doesn't seem very sincere in this one. Anyways I think he needs to balance his career and other things. Maybe he should do this after he retires? :cool:

19. gotsis

gotsis Member

yeah thats right basketball bigger than eveything.............. and really you should get the f out of here

20. stipendlax

stipendlax Member

Wow. You sir, are a ****ing idiot.

Please, do me and everyone else a favor, go away.