1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

How about that Griffin?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by jevjnd, Jun 19, 2002.

Tags:
  1. WinkFan

WinkFan Contributing Member

By the time training camp starts, he'll probably be taller and heavier than Ming!

But then they might measure him for real:D

But seriously, if he is 6'11", that will be huge for his 1-on-1 defense. I always figured the weight and strength world come with time, but I worried about him being a little short to guard the tall power forwards like Rasheed.

#21 WinkFan, Jun 20, 2002
    Last edited: Jun 19, 2002
  2. Relativist

Relativist Contributing Member

Does Eddie really need to gain more weight or is it more an issue of gaining strength? Obviously these factors are heavily related, but distinguishing between the two can be relevant in determining what Eddie can/needs to do to reach his potential.

3. KALIKULI

KALIKULI Contributing Member

From one of the interview, Yao was saying that Paul Gasol and yao can do a lot of things together. But I guess he never heard of Eddie Griffin nearly 7'0 FT. in height and has a killer instinct!!

How sweet it is!!!!:cool:

4. jaybee

jaybee Member

It certainly is possible. Hedo Turkoglu was 6'-8" when he was drafted in 2000. When he showed up to camp last fall, he had grown to 6'-9 1/2". The Kings still list him as 6'-8" even though when he stands next to Peja, he is an inch taller and just as tall as Webber.

5. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

All this Griffin talk really has me excited. I am hoping for big things from him.

I know there is a lot of talk here about how tall and how much he weights , but nothing concrete. I wish those that are "in the know" could get some more "concrete information". I would be awesome if he got to 6'11" or even 7'0" tall and was able to bulk up to around 240lbs or so. He already is a pogo-stick when it comes to blocking shots so that extra height would be even better. Then add in the weight to be able to bang down low and we have ourselves one heck of a PF!

Keep working on your game this summer Griffin! ;)

Chris

6. Eddie!Eddie!

Eddie!Eddie! Member

I keep telling all of my friends at school that Eddie is the REAL FRANCHISE, but then I am a little biased!:D

EDDIE!EDDIE!EDDIE!EDDIE!