1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Forget about trading for the #12 or draft Amare at #15

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by NJRocket, Jun 19, 2002.

1. Jhcal23

Jhcal23 Member

How much is ESPN Insider and is it worth it?

2. Possum

Possum Member

If this is the case why don't we offer Kenny Thomas for #12? He is better than ZR. Then we would have 12 and 15 to trade up and get a better prospect. Am I off base here? How high could we movwe up offering 12 and 15?

3. NIKEstrad

NIKEstrad Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Possum-The key is the $3,000,000 (which is the maximum allowed).

Portland's owner is insanely rich via Microsoft, and can throw away money. Les won't/can't do that.

DearRock-That's interesting. As a result, they (Miami) as a team would probably be interested in moving down 5 spots if they could pick up a solid PF like KT. If the right guy was there at 10, I wouldn't mind moving KT/15 up to 10. Does Woods qualify for "right guy" status? That's a judgement call.

4. Jhcal23

Jhcal23 Member

KT is a proven role player in the NBA. ZR has more potential and is a true 4.

5. Mango

Mango Contributing Member

Parham,

Yes, I know.

Mango

6. Sherlock

Sherlock Contributing Member

It sounds like you guys are saying that Borchardt will still be there at #15. If that's true, and Stoudamire, Hilario, Woods, etc. are gone, then I think there are teams who would love to trade us for that pick. To be honest, even if Nachbar were there, I'd trade the pick.

In my understanding, we don't want to draft a SF, unless its Butler or Dunleavy, because they are the only players at SF, who would be ready to contribute right away. We need to trade for a player who will help us at SF immediately, such as Lewis, Odom, Richardson, Scherbiak, etc. Otherwise we are in the same spot we are already in with Terence Morris, having to wait another 2-4 years for him to develop into a starter. We need help now!

7. Relativist

Relativist Contributing Member

I hope we're not stuck with Woods. I share the worst fears already stated. Still, if push came to shove, and Nachbar's not around, I wouldn't mind picking up Prince at all, preferably a little lower down. I also wouldn't mind trading the pick for a veteran. I think even at the worst-case scenario, we still have some pretty good options.

8. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Sherlock, I agree that the SF position needs to be upgraded and that unless you get the right rookie it might not make a difference. But getting back to Nachbar, from everything I have read it appears he is "NBA ready now". I don't think they would have to wait a few years to get dividends from him. I think he could contribute and be in the rotation his first year. If that is the case then he is someone we should consider.

Certainly, if we can swing a deal to get a veteran SF that is an upgrade on Rice/Morris then we should do so, but if not Nachbar might be a nice player to add to the rotation.

Chris