1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets Acquire Rights to David Andersen

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by rockets934life, Jul 14, 2009.

1. aussie rocket

aussie rocket Member

Which part?

2. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

LOL - you have no idea, and neither do I, ...it is all a matter of opinion, thus the reason I said " I THINK"...

:D

However, it is TRUE that he whined about Adelman's offense and his role in that offense, so are you now saying he will happily move without the ball?

Really?

DD

1 person likes this.
  3. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

He has always been a willing passer.

He was the best at getting Yao the ball in the best possible position.

He is the best on the team at getting players wide open shots, despite them missing often.

He said it was hard to get into a groove with the ball out of his hands, which is not whining.

4. Landlord Landry

people comparing this guy to luis scola........hahahaha.

5. verse

verse Contributing Member

Not saying you're wrong about TMac maybe being moved. That very well may be true. However, to say Mac never moved without the ball when healthy is flatout false

Last i checked, curling from the baseline to an elbow screen for the catch-and-shoot or drive...is moving without the ball. So is running the baseline for an alleyoop. Those were staples of Mac's game prior to 2008.

Maybe he doesn't move as much as you'd like for him to? That's ok. But he definitely DID move without the ball. In fact, the times i recall him particulary not moving (pre-2008) were when he was either over Yao or sereving as a spacer/release valve so Ds couldn't sag as much on Yao.

6. aussie rocket

aussie rocket Member

Exactly!! Insane isnt it.

Anderson couldnt carry Scola's jockstrap.

7. rocketsmetalspd

Your statement about TMac are true. TMac does not like RA's offense, he was more used to playing JVG's half court grind out game instead of moving without the ball. TMac should be traded and I will wish him well with his new team.

8. Weezy.F.Baby

Weezy.F.Baby Member

great..one minor pickup and ppl start to think that we're the "great" ol Adeleman's Sacramento Kings again, who has never won a championship

HOORAY for you

9. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

That reminds me of another player on our team.

10. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Oh come on, I am just saying they are going to play a similar style etc...I have no delusions that they are going to compete....this is a rebuilding or rather a holding still...year.....

And a chance for RA to get the players to run his offense and see who sticks when Yao gets healthy.

DD

11. xishi

xishi Member

maybe he can be our biedrins.

we'll see how he pans out guys. he wont be starting so lets not get our panties in a bunch.

12. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

I guess all he said just flew right over your head.

13. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

he isn't a dominant rebounder but the guy is a solid rebounder. and by all accounts it looks like andersen can't play d. so yeah miller's defense would be better than andersen's.

14. BarkleyHater84

Ummm,ok. I can't be too pumped about this, but he should be a servicable big man. I mean, he did average 10 ppg and 5 rbg, so if he can give us numbers close to that , it would be nice. We did need some size, so i guess that fills that spot somewhat, but i still think that this team as it stands is 7th or 8th if we are lucky. I love the ROX, but until we can get some healthy "star players" in here, we will always be at the cusp of getting over the hump.

15. the_hustler

the_hustler Member

lazy to read 18 pages of this thread..

just one question.. how good is this guy on D? I mean... is he good at defending PnR?

and I am really happy that we got a guy who is a capable shooter.. should give a lot of trouble to traditional centers..

16. Weezy.F.Baby

Weezy.F.Baby Member

yea im serious about ppl overreacting to a non-proven player who hasnt played a singe nba minute..

and you are? :rolleyes:

17. BimaThug

BimaThug Resident Capologist
    Supporting Member

I have two words that will explain why T-Mac will accept whatever role is expected of him in Adelman's offense next year, a contract year for McGrady:

Allen. Iverson.

How McGrady fits in with the team and contributes to overall team success will determine whether he takes an $8-10M paycut next season or a $15-17M paycut.

18. BarkleyHater84

I agree, plus Miller has proven he can play in the NBA, unlike this guy, who couldn't even get more that 25 mpg in Europe. I like the pick up a little bit, but there weren't any guys in the NBA we could have gotten?

19. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

He is a softie, with wonderful offensive skills but poor defensive skills. :(

20. BarkleyHater84

I would have liked the Gortat guy a little bit better, since he can play D a little, and he's extremely athletic. This guy looks like Jon Konckak or Joe Klein 2009. :rolleyes: