1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Here's an update on McGrady

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by djohn2oo8, Jul 10, 2009.

1. Sonn

Sonn Member

I think/Hope T Mac can come back and prove himself With this Team

2. jVgOwnsYou

jVgOwnsYou Contributing Member

Im pumped about his return. I know what a relativly healthy mcgrady can do for a basketball team.

3. Josephduyho03

Josephduyho03 Member

:) Hopefully its battier for Joel Prisbilla and Rudy Fernandez

4. lalala902102001

If TMac is back and healthy next year we will make the playoffs and get eliminated in the first round.

I'm just ready to move on from this era.

5. rockets_fanatic

Ahhh. What do you expect to get for him now? IF he fails to return or does return and plays poorly his value stays teh same. An expiring contract. If he does comeback and plays well, his value will rise and we might be able to get more for him.

There is no point trading someone for the sake of trading them. At the end of the day what ever we get for him, without Yao we will not e winning a Championship this season. So at the end of teh year we get 20million dollars to through around at the end of the season.

People need to use there brains and think a bit.

6. mikol13

mikol13 Protector of the Realm
    Supporting Member

That is one of my all time favorite posts

7. tiger0330

tiger0330 Contributing Member

Have to cut Tmac some slack on this one, went up on his bad left leg and didn't get enough elevation and missed that wide open dunk. Can't see that happening after his rehab, people forget he's the best playmaker on the team and one of the few guys in the league at his size that can play PG. I agree with you that if he's healthy he can help replace Yao and get us to the playoffs again.

8. Dubious

Dubious Contributing Member

I keep telling you that pain can just crush your psyche. Look no farther than the strange story of Vince Young.

If you do get over it though, it can be revitalizing.

///speaks from experience

9. BasketballReasons

BasketballReasons Contributing Member

Sometimes I forget why DD has some many rep points.. Then I see posts like this :)

10. v_sunny

v_sunny Member

Without Yao,Tracy is nothing.. :eek:

11. cuneo77

cuneo77 Contributing Member

man some positive news and theres still negativity.

12. lwqbulb

lwqbulb Member

There's still hope

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Eu2fjTz12E0&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Eu2fjTz12E0&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

13. hlmbasketball

hlmbasketball Member
    Supporting Member

Yes, you are lost! Battier played the three and I would trade him in a heart beat. The Rockets are probably kicking themselves the traded him for Rudy Gay. How good would our team look with Ariza and Rudy Gay right now. We could win with a servicable center right now and T-Mac on his way back.

At certain times you could play T-Mac at the point, Gay at the 2, and Ariza at the 3, Landry at the 4, and Scola at the 5. But some stuuuuuuuuuuuupid idiot felt we needed Battier. Even if the salaries fit, you couldn't trade Battier for Gay straight up at all. That was a trade that set us back 3 to 5 yrs. :mad:

14. Illmatic

Illmatic Member

The only update I want to hear from T-Mac is that he is actively shopping himself to other teams and that he is staying 5,000 miles away from Ariza

15. binvegas

binvegas Contributing Member

You guys can keep showing that video of that missed dunk all you want even attempting a reverse dunk not knowing you need microfracture surgery is tough. He will never have his old explosion, but look for him to get some of it back. If he is healthy we make the playoffs. Pray that Yao misses about 65 games and starts to get in shape before the first round. Hope one young player comes around out of Dorsey, White, Taylor, Chase and one of the rotation younger players take a huge leap out of Brooks, Lowry, Ariza, Landry and we have a shot.

16. BetterThanEver

BetterThanEver Contributing Member

Biinvegas, if Yao misses 65 games, there is no first round unless T-mac makesa surprise recovery in time for game 1 and Deke is resurrected. I just hope we get lucky with the lotto and get into one of the top 3 spots.

17. bigbodymoe

bigbodymoe Contributing Member

Tremendous video. Thanks for posting that

18. Believe

Believe Contributing Member

Battier/Brooks

For

Rudy F./Outlaw/Bayless or Joel P.

:D[/QUOTE]

I could see and would welcome a :

Battier/Brooks/Barry or Buddinger

For

Rudy/Joel P/Bayless

19. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Trust me.

You don't want a labia major injury, or even a labia minor injury, let's just hope Tmac keeps his in shape.

DD

20. rocketsmetalspd

Nice video. This is the TMac I wish would come back but I don't think he will be the same player I enjoyed watching. Good Luck to TMac in whatever team he ends up with.