1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Summer League 2009] Game 1 - 7/10/09 - Houston vs. Golden State

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by WhoMikeJames, Jul 10, 2009.

1. Rocket86

Rocket86 Member

Hope to see big games from White, Dorsey and the rookies. The team would have to depend on the summer league more then ever after all the injuries. Building that bench is important and if they could get two players that can produce nightly off the bench then the playoffs are still possible.

2. thadeus

thadeus Contributing Member

I sure hope there's a link to steal this because those assholes charging $14.99 (as well as the idiots paying for it) need to be put in their place.

3. ClutchCityReturns

ClutchCityReturns Contributing Member

I paid for access, and I don't understand why that would make me an idiot. Sure, we're used to it being free, but this new fee comes out to just $3 per game if I ONLY watch the Rockets games...which isn't likely.

In the end I'll have the highest quality stream available, 55 archived games to watch at the click of a button, and considering how much footage I plan to watch it'll probably equate to less than $1.50 a game.

Different strokes for different folks, but when it comes down to it I'd much rather have a quality stream for any game I want rather than having to hunt down and leach off some blurry POS feed that may or may not even work.

4. abc2007

abc2007 Member

I paid. I don't want to miss any rockets game.

5. arif1127

arif1127 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Did Rick Adelman approach you about the vacant scouting position on his staff?
    I guess its a good way to fill the basketball void at this time of year. And, if you see some impressive players on other teams, make sure to start thread telling Morey to trade for that player.

6. Luckkky

Luckkky Member

lets hope JT puts on a 40pt+ show so we can pull another RON ARTEST DEAL :D

7. ClutchCityReturns

ClutchCityReturns Contributing Member

If you do the math I was only talking about watching 10 games or so (5 Rockets, 5 non-Rockets). Nothing too outrageous. I'm really interested in watching Griffin, Thabeet, Harden, and Curry in particular. Plus I work nights, so I have a lot of time to kill during the day. There's not much to do than watch some games, especially considering it's so damn hot outside.

8. Hayesfan

Hayesfan Contributing Member

I'm with CCR. I will likely watch all the Rockets games, all the Bucks games (for Jodie Meeks), and all the Knicks games (Joe Crawford). So I don't mind the amount per game. I just mind the fact that they are charging for it at all.

9. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

Hey YoYO, remember not to buy any of our rookies jerseys until at least preseason starts. I will call it, The Donte Greene Rule.

10. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

Yo folks, it's 1pm PST (local vegas time) and 4 eastern. C'mon now folks b****in bout $15 for over a week of games - seems like a deal to me... Anyway see ya'll at the game today!

11. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

i split the cost with 2 other friends.

made a free gmail account and agreed on a password.

$5 for 5 rocket games, plus i'll probably watch a few other top draft picks play... it's a steal.

12. jasonmicron

jasonmicron Member

It was a deal when it was free. $15.00 for scrub play is a ripoff.

Aren't they airing them for free on NBA TV any way? Or are they not doing that this year?

13. abc2007

abc2007 Member

http://myespn.go.com/blogs/truehoop...ope-Guide-to-the-Las-Vegas-Summer-League.html

Rod Benson's blog:
    http://www.toomuchrodbenson.com/

14. Shehzad23

Shehzad23 Member

15. Rox Addict

Rox Addict Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

This has always been free now they re charging $14.95 to watch the summer league games ? ScrewThat !!!!!!! :mad:

16. SouthMJS

SouthMJS Member

You hope there's a link to watch freely meanwhile calling the person who would be streaming it an idiot for buying the package in the first place.

I bought the package and it's about 27 cents per game. Definitely will not stream

17. Rox Addict

Supporting Member

$15 is not bad if you have announcers and several cameras just like a real game but most of these games are one or two cameras with no commentators. Its like watching the High School game of the week. Show it properaly and I'll pay $15

18. Rox Addict

Supporting Member

I see where your coming from and during the regular season I'm lucky enough to get the NBA League pass which is not cheap. Your pretty new around here so I'm not sure if you noticed how many people stream the games on this board but there are hundreds of them.

19. Super Von

Super Von Member

No. Its not a steal.

NBA charging for summer league games is a steal.

20. AB#0

AB#0 Member

Man I hope I can find a link. Were any of these games on JustinTv'?