1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Remember me?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Mattj, Jul 9, 2009.

Tags:
  1. jasonmicron

jasonmicron Member

I think the issue most people are having is that he misled people on as if this were some actual insider information, then on his show he said it was just speculation.

2. Nolocke

Nolocke Member

I'm sorry but that dude flops and if you watched the playoffs you would know this. I can't even remember Battier flopping during the playoffs, but I do remember him getting elbowed and knee'd by Kobe while he was trying to pick himself up, and bleeding from a huge gash above his eye. At the end of the day warriors bleed, and p***y's stink and well ya sometimes bleed.

3. rocketblaze

rocketblaze Member

I still would hate to see Battier go he's incredible defender with an amazing basketball IQ & a unmeasurable heart... :(
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

I agree, at this point he is better than Ariza, by a good margin.....but since Yao is out and Battier is 30.....he will be past his prime by the time we get good again, so better to get a young developing piece and get Battier somewhere that he can make an impact and compete for a championship now.

DD

5. jasonmicron

jasonmicron Member

This is very, very true.

6. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

At least he didn't pretend to post as Ron Artest, get busted then lie about it.

Carmichael Dave....you listening?

;)

DD

7. blackistan

blackistan Member

At least we'll have one more flopper on the team

8. BrownBeast99

BrownBeast99 Member

If we actually get Joel, all you Matt Jackson bashers better own up for dismissing him harshly in this thread, regardless of whether or not Portland got the better of the deal.

I wouldn't mind Pryzbilla, but if we're giving up Battier, I expect another player to be added in.

9. Artesticles

Artesticles Member

I didn't realize his shot sort of resembles Wafer's. Then again, I've never seen Pryz shoot a basketball before.

10. khanhdum

khanhdum Member

we have scola too...lol

11. Pistol Pete

Pistol Pete Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

If he wanted ratings, he'd ask for a new co-host.

12. Marsarinian

Marsarinian Contributing Member

I'm not against trading Battier for Pryzbilla and Fernandez. Signing Rasho Nesterovich would be even better.

13. CloneBattier

CloneBattier Member

Matt Jackson is a little Baby wipe. Lets go ahead and

IBTL...

14. madmonkey37

madmonkey37 Contributing Member

I don't know why everyone is complaining about a center who is very good at rebounding and blocking shots consistently, can't find very many players who do that. Who cares if hes a flopper, plenty of those around the league and on our own team.

15. DreamShakeFTW

DreamShakeFTW Member

For Battier, no...

As part of a three way trade with the other team (Phoenix?) getting McGrady and sending Portland a G while sending us someone we want...say Barbosa to Portland and Amare here...

Where do I sign???

16. JoeBarelyCares

JoeBarelyCares Contributing Member

I don't remember MattJ saying this was an actual scoop. As speculation, it is good speculation, since Morey said the Rockets would probably get their center via trade. So how many teams have an extra center they could spare? The candidates are few. A Battier for Pryz trade straight up makes some sense because they make almost exactly the same salary, contracts expire at the same time, Portland might need to move Pryz to free up more PT for Milsap, and Battier is somewhat redundant now that we have Ariza.

17. Rox Addict

Rox Addict Contributing Member

Has anyone seen Pryz's stats 5-8 per game !!!!! The Rockets would go from 20-10 with Yao to that.... pretty sad :(

18. WhoMikeJames

WhoMikeJames Contributing Member

Almost 500+ replies for a picture with an obscure message?

You guys are desperate for a splash.

19. Rox Addict

Now your talking !!!!! Bring Amare and I'm happy other than that these other names are just scrubs....

20. Rox Addict

Hell Yah !!!!! :D and I want it to be Amare