1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets option for a Center

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by franchise?..NOT, Jul 6, 2009.

1. BrooksBall

BrooksBall Contributing Member

Odds are that never happens with either of them in their entire careers, not to mention as rookies, unless you and I have very different understandings of the term "really special."

2. chonox

chonox Member

Most definitely, but in the Rockets current situation, I've got nothing else to look forward to, and the buzz of Ariza signing has done little to compensate the loss of Yao. Let a bored fan dream, let's face it, the future is looking grim, but I guess off season has just started and Morey hasn't failed to make a splash ever since his been GM so I guess I should just focus my ridiculously over-optimistic hopes in Morey to pull off some of that Morey Magic. :cool:

3. BugOnAHarley

BugOnAHarley Contributing Member

I wonder, since the Mavs are picking up Gortat if they may let him go in a trade.

I would hate to give any pieces to Dallas though.

4. illteacher

illteacher Member

Scola & Oberto = great chemistry/intelligence/basketball IQ.
    They played together for about 3 years in Spain and were very very good.

5. juanm34

juanm34 Member

JOEY DORSEY will start at C!!!!!!! problem solved...

6. Canadiandude

Canadiandude Member

ROFLMAO And at least he'll be cheaper than all of the listed salary cap busters listed ;)

7. xishi

xishi Member

varejao sucks. dont understand why people want his flopping ass.

8. BrooksBall

BrooksBall Contributing Member

Varejao fills multiple roles. During halftime, he can do a clown act at center court. He calls himself Floppy the Clown.

[​IMG]

9. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Varejao would be our revenge for Lebron, Shaq, Ferry and Brown trying to steal Ariza. Then again, revenge signings sometimes don't work out too good. As Golden State fans about "Reggrette."

10. Naija Texan

Naija Texan Member

Hollins is a free agent, restricted but still a FA. Don't know, but with Gortat all but signed and Dampier still on the books, I doubt they would fight that hard to keep Hollins around.

Although, the man is still pretty rough, he'd make a great back up signing, but he shouldn't be expected to play like an all star center.

11. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

We have no money left,an S& T is the only way to obtain him. He could be a good,athletic but raw backup center. Nothing wrong with that,since he would come relatively cheaply. The Mavs aren't going to do any favors and probably would demand too much for him.

12. Marcus Bryant

Marcus Bryant Member

Dampier will be traded definitely before the season starts, so they still need a back up at this spot. Hollins seems a very good backup center behind Gortat. BTW Gortat is overrated so it's smart for Morey to pass him on. A deal worth 10m lasting 3 years would be acceptable to both the team and Gortat himself, signing him with MLE will only make Mavs struggle even more painfully financially.

13. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Has Orlando made a decision about not wanting to match the offer for Gortat from the Mavs? I don't think they will,but I want to know if anyone has heard or read anything officially from them.

14. mojorizen7

mojorizen7 Member

We'll give you Robin Lopez for TMac/Landry/Lowry/future #1
    ...oh,and we'll throw in Nash and JRich. Ariza could avg 25 ppg with Nash at PG.
    Seriously though, i think Tyson Chandler would be worth the risk for you guys.
    Or a cheaper Wilcox.
    Hopefully Yao can return, I used to bag on him for being soft,but after his performance in the post-season I've decided to stfu about all that....dudes a warrior.

15. Sonn

Sonn Member

Wow look at the Options....Lets say they Sign noone right now, Should they target a big name Center in Free agency next year? Or just wait for Yao? Just askin

16. Petey-N-Htown

Petey-N-Htown Member

Try and acquire Robert Swift.

17. wireonfire

wireonfire Contributing Member

Defense? Murphy is a terrible defender, consensus among warriors fans.

I'd think Lee is also a better rebounder, although didn't check the numbers.

18. YaoMac09

YaoMac09 Member

Lee is more mobile.

19. smoove shoez

smoove shoez Member

No relation to Stromile.

20. Painting_Shade

Painting_Shade Contributing Member

lee is a great player, but kind of redundant to what we have. I'd still love to have him.

the way i see it, I want 5 centers, in this order

1. Andris Biedrins (23 years old) 9 million
    2. Tyson Chandler (27 years old) 11.8 million
    3. Emeka Okafor (27 years old) 10.5 million
    4. Troy Murphy (29 years old) 11 million
    5. Samuel Dalembert (28 years old) 11.3 million

all of those were excellent statistically and are somewhat available. (biedrins is crazy good, actually. I would die if we got him.)

also, new orleans is now the highest payroll in the NBA. they will want to cut salary, im sure. peja + chandler?? hmm

#80 Painting_Shade, Jul 7, 2009
    Last edited: Jul 7, 2009