1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Jay Williams - Conspiracy theories anyone?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by HoRockets, Jun 17, 2002.

1. HoRockets

HoRockets Member

Why are the Rockets working out Jay Williams tomorrow? A team doesn't have private workouts with a player unless they are a serious consideration. I'm hoping that all goes well and that the Rockets pick Yao Ming #1, but if it falls through, could we be seeing Jay in a Rocket's uniform? Any conspiracy theories out there?

2. kidrock8

kidrock8 Member

I don't see the point of NOT working him out.

It would be foolish to not see what is out there.

3. Dennis2112

Dennis2112 Contributing Member

There is one fact about all this...JWill will not wear a Rockets Uniform. If...and that is a big if...JWill is drafted by the Rockets it will only be done to complete a trade.

4. bigboymumu

bigboymumu Member

This workout was scheduled before the China trip. The best executives cross all the T's and dor all the I's. Nothing is lossed bu working Jay out. THERE IS NO CONSPIRACY.

5. HoRockets

HoRockets Member

There is one fact about all this...JWill will not wear a Rockets Uniform. If...and that is a big if...JWill is drafted by the Rockets it will only be done to complete a trade.

If all the Rockets want to do is trade him, then why fork out the time and money and publicity to bring him here and work him out? Especially when we are declaring to the Chinese that our intentions is to take Yao?

6. JoeBarelyCares

JoeBarelyCares Contributing Member

1. Because the Rockets are going to trade Francis to Chicago for the No. 2 pick plus fodder, and draft both Ming and JWill.

2. [insert conspiracy theory here]

7. Dennis2112

Dennis2112 Contributing Member

Why not give the impression that we would take JWill if the MIng situation falls apart. That way you put pressure on those teams that would want JWill and have them in a bidding war over him.;)

Hey , you should always put some chum ( bits of fish mixed together as bait for sharks) in the water and see what bites.

Maybe because they are smart enough to not lay their cards on the table before they are sure they get what they want from the Chinese officials.

Remember that our intention is to take Ming if we get certain assurances, if we don't well all bets are off.

Also to coin a phrase invented by our PG...
    " I really don't know who we will take with the #1 but I know we do not need a PG."

Its either Francis or JWill

I would prefer Francis:cool: :cool: :cool: