1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

CBS Sports: Artest is signing with the Lakers

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by TheRealist137, Jul 2, 2009.

1. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

i think its final

carmichael dave also is reporting it

also if you listened to his interview last night with ron when he asked that question

Ron said he wasnt done in Houston even if he isnt playing there

that told me then he was leaving and probably wanted to have a second house there for music industry purposes

2. HalataHoops

HalataHoops Member

Have you not noticed that Ron says one thing one minute and then completely contradicts himself the next one?

3. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

the sickening thing is that Laker team wasn't really tough, now they have artest.

Artest is like Rodman in a way. Rodman just cleaned the boards and MJ had all the shots he wanted.

They can just stick Artest on anybody like Roy and Kobe will be free to jack up so many shots.

This sucks, really. I know some Ron Haters here are happy, but think about this.

Tmac (if not traded) comes back mid season, and Yao is out with a foot injury. And we get Gordat or Sideshow Verajow...

That's not a championship team at all.

4. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

It's crazy how one injury to a player (Yao) can turnaround an entire season. Championship aspirations one moment, looking to blow it up the next.

5. Asian Sensation

Puff...puff... PASS on Artest. Loved him as a character and all the things he brought but this is good for the Rockets and Artest. The summer is just beginning. I think Morey is brewing up something special.

Good luck Ron.

6. tiger0330

tiger0330 Contributing Member

He doesn't care about the money? He signs for the MLE when the Rox were paying him 7M last year and are willing to pay him that this year +, sounds fishy to me. More like a negotiation ploy to me, I'll believe it when I see it. Other possibility is the SnT with Ariza and filler to get him to the 10M he wants to make.

7. t-mac4bigmac

t-mac4bigmac Member

i have a feeling this is a joke... seriously... its just a hunch i have

8. Jeff Who

Jeff Who Member

What a great post, that's so true. Just think about it. One news about Yao and everybody is ready to give up and rebuild. Pretty amazing, isn't it?

One day just kinda killed all our chances, all our hopes. It's damn sad.

9. tinywang

tinywang Contributing Member

I am sorry but I feel betrayed.

10. ming bada bing

Bucher says Lakers havent offered him anything....

11. JBIIRockets

JBIIRockets Contributing Member

Honestly, I don't see how the Lakers will not win championships for a long time.

I mean, Ron Artest is the "Rodman" that can make the Lakers perhaps a 70 win team.

But if the Rockets core players (Yao and McGrady) were not so flimsy, Ron Artest would have stayed.

Can't blame Ron for this.

At this point, I think the Rockets need to hope that T-Mac and Yao get healthy.

12. krocket

krocket Contributing Member

I am not that anxious to throw bucks at Ariza. He had sux stats before a few games in the playoffs when nobody was guarding him. He spent other years doing squat in the NBA, we can do without him. He couldn't even manage to start for us anyway. He is not a 2 and he won't start at 3.

13. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

Well it is Tmac + yao. This experiment is a failure. Let us move on.

14. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

i just hope it means they are losing Odom, at least then they'll be wont be as good next year....

15. monster

monster Member

Artest wants a ring...can't blame him. I wonder if the LA scene is going to bring out Mr. Hyde. I hope not, but now that he's not on our team, I kinda want to see it happen.

16. rikesh316

rikesh316 Member

I think this great news. I had hopes for Artest when he came over but was really disappointed in his play. Move on.

17. HalataHoops

HalataHoops Member

I wouldn’t say it’s a great post. Sorry man, I would say it’s just reality

18. forchette49

forchette49 Contributing Member

Agreed, his toughness/attitude was better than his actual play on the court, I can't wait to see him implode that team.

I wonder where Ariza and Odom end up, maybe Portland, Toronto, Atlanta? Cuz it sure as heck won't be Houston... $6M per year is what we have to offer?!? Lol!

19. DontMessWithUT

I think it might just be a joke
    judging by his twitter updates from last night... :p
    but who knows
    I could be wrong

20. BasketballReasons

BasketballReasons Contributing Member

****in trator. does all the designs in his hair, says he loves it here, says he wants to comeback even without Yao. what a b****. backstab ala Pippen.