1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Mavs in the lead for Gortat?

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by houston19519, Jul 2, 2009.

1. Egghead

Egghead Member

this.

2. optAmystik

optAmystik Member

More reason to ya........I mean More power to ya :D

3. Sam the Ram

Sam the Ram Member

Its kinda funny how all the texas teams are listed here as being after gortat. kinda interesting

4. GATER

GATER Contributing Member

This to me has always been the huge Achilles Heel of $Ball. If everyone else is overpaying, what's left for you?

I don't get that feeling at all. Most knowledgeable posters were talking about Gortat in the Orlando 1st Round series against PHI. He's hardly an unknown.

May I ask how/why you deduced that the Hawks won't match whatever the Rockets offer Williams?

5. tingYAO

tingYAO Member

Moralee will make good trades. you wait and see

6. jasonh42

jasonh42 Member

The Rockets 'email your love for Gortat' campaign seemed to work, but wasn't enough to pursuade the big man to sign with Houston.
    Source: Dallas Morning News

It makes it sound like he accepted their offer not the Rockets.

7. NIKEstrad

NIKEstrad Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

If truly everyone else is overpaying, then that's the actual market value.

If 5-6 idiots are doing it, then let them.

8. NotInMyHouse

NotInMyHouse Contributing Member

Well, let's see if the Magic match the offer. They said they would, now they need to put their money where their mouth is. Tood bad for us though. He would have been an interesting pickup.

9. jasonh42

jasonh42 Member

May I ask how/why you deduced that the Hawks won't match whatever the Rockets offer Williams?[/QUOTE]

I dont know if they would or not I am just saying he would be a good guy to target. How does their salary cap look?

10. jasonh42

jasonh42 Member

The Rockets have scheduled a meeting with Lakers free agent Trevor Ariza, according to the Associated Press.

Ariza apparently wants out of L.A. and appears to simply be looking for the biggest contract he can get. There's still a chance he could wind up with the Lakers, but there's probably a better chance that if he plays in Staples Center next year, it will be for the Clippers.

http://rotoworld.com/Default.aspx?rwr=1
    just seen this also.

11. giddyup

giddyup Contributing Member

"Signing" would imply that an offer was made by Houston... why has that not been reported... or is it fair to assume that with each of these FA "meetings" some kind of offer is extended even if it is a low-ball offer?

12. jasonh42

jasonh42 Member

I would have to think they made an offer and he liked the Mavs offer better or the chance to start depending on Yao.

13. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

This is a thread about Gortat. Try to keep it on topic, please. There are other threads already discussing that.

14. jasonh42

jasonh42 Member

my bad i just seen it got reported at 4:20pm on that site thought you would want to hear about it.

15. JoeBarelyCares

JoeBarelyCares Contributing Member

Darn, Morey is human after all. Oh well.

16. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

No problem. Rotoworld usually isn't a breaking news source. It was already being discussed in the existing Ariza thread. :)

17. madmonkey37

madmonkey37 Contributing Member

I haven't seen any sources that said Gortat signed the Mavs offer sheet and are now waiting to see if the Magic match or not.

18. worzel gummidge

Contracts can't be signed before July 8. Until then it's all handshake deals.

19. Matt Maloney

Matt Maloney Member

he didnt sign yet. when he does, its going to be all over ESPNs homepage :eek:

not

20. rterry

rterry Contributing Member

It's all bs. No one can sign until July 8th. We won't know what is true and what isn't. Everybody that wants him is restricted to the full mle except Orlando. He will pick the team he thinks he has the best chance of starting for and then wait to see if Orlando matches. Nobody could have possibly have won the bidding until July 8th.