1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[ch 2 video] Morey speaks tonight after returning to Houston

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Hilltopper, Jul 1, 2009.

1. Hilltopper

Hilltopper Contributing Member

2. tmactoyao

tmactoyao Member

Thanks Hilltopper :) . I really hope we get Gortat.

3. batkins

batkins Contributing Member

Sounds like Morey is somewhat confident we get Gortat.

4. NotInMyHouse

NotInMyHouse Contributing Member

thanksThanks for the info!

5. tofu--

tofu-- Member

Thanks a lot Hilltopper!

6. forchette49

forchette49 Contributing Member

The most suprising part IMO is the fact that he said we were looking for a backup, now it looks like he might be a starter. Morey seems to confirm the latest reports of Yao indeed missing next season, after first refusing to comment until all the facts were in...

7. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

well that is pretty obvious if Yao has to go through surgery which Fran reported that he will earlier today then Yao will miss a good portion of the first half of the season and possibly the entire season.

marcin could be the starter and then the backup but even then he would be getting above avg backup minutes given Yao's history chances are they are going to heavily monitor Yao's minutes whenever he does get back.

thanks again HT for the vid

8. Hayesfan

Hayesfan Contributing Member

Okay I am getting absolutely no audio on this thing.. and I have everything turned up as high as they will go.

Did anyone else have this problem?

9. Rocketrock

Rocketrock Member

That could mean we're offering him the full MLE. This could also means Von is not coming back if we sign Gortat.

10. The_Yoyo

your left speaker is broken then

its only a single channel audio track

11. mikeyharris

mikeyharris Member

Hes very confident that were getting Gortat.

Question: If we use the MLE on Gortat, do we still have room to sign any other players? (Trevor Ariza? Von Wafer?)

12. Chopped

Chopped Member

is it just me or is the audio biased 100% to the left stereo channel?

13. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

man i hope we land this guy.

given starters minutes he will be 10+ rebounds and 2+ blocks per game... at half the salary that david lee and paul millsap are asking.

14. mikeyharris

mikeyharris Member

Hes very confident that were getting Gortat.

Question: If we use the MLE on Gortat, do we still have room to sign any other players? Would we be able to sign Ron Artest and either Trevor Ariza or Von?

15. Hayesfan

great... could anything more crappy happen :(

I should still be able to see it running on my audio software.. I am getting no waves.

Okay I am off to fiddle. Thanks Yoyo

16. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Interesting... he was talking about how situation changing rapidly with free agency, with teams deciding to sign a player or not, or "when they insult them"?

Did he really say "insult"?

If so, are we talking about Ariza being insulted or Rudy Fernandez, or both?

17. forchette49

forchette49 Contributing Member

Oh OK, I didn't know Yao was definitely going to have surgery now. But to hear Morey say that (instead of a sportswriter), it was pretty confirming compared to his earlier "no comment" statement.

Wow, this REALLY complicates things. Since we know that we won't win a championship without Yao, next season is a complete waste. Morey's only real decision is what to do with T-Mac's contract. That now seems really obvious, let it expire and save money. I mean, unless we are getting back a Bosh or Wade, let it expire, extend our own expiring contracts (Scola, Brooks, Landry) and sign a non-superstar FA or 2 to team up with a healthy Yao for the 2010 season.

The other, less likely, scenario is Yao retiring and the team building around a new franchise player (2010 FA that doesn't re-sign with his current team) while extending our own expiring contracts (Scola, Brooks, Landry).

18. Hayesfan

Alright I can't fix my stupid computer... someone tell me what he says..

HT, you know I love that you share with us.. but someone needs to kick your video production team in the kisser for giving crap quality audio (which is only in one channel that on my computer happens to be broken)

19. The_Yoyo

basically it went went with gortat and he feels that if the money that gortat is offered from other teams is equal that he would sign with houston.

also said that the rockets had pictured him in a backup role but now he would be in more of a starters role and maybe then into a backup role afterwards.

other than that i dont think anything else of significance was said

20. Hayesfan

Thanks Yoyo