1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Martin rips Van Horn

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by ScreamingRocketJet, Jun 13, 2002.

Tags:
  1. ScreamingRocketJet

Quote "You get the stat sheet, it can tell you (who)," he said. "It's difficult to deal with, you know? It's the most important game of our lives, and people went and they just didn't bring it."

Hard to think that this is not aimed at KVH's 7 points...

I'd be surprised if Van Horn is there next season. He has decent trade value. Him and one of their rookies for McDeyss (If McDeyss says he'll walk anyway and forces Denvers hand) wouldn't be too bad for both teams IMO.

2. Asian Sensation

What would the Nets do with both Mcdyess and Martin? If I was Denver, no way in hell would I trade Mcdyess for Van Horn+ a rookie. Kiki is no idiot.

3. kidrock8

kidrock8 Member

Van Horn is virtually untradable. He's as attractive to trade for as Vin Baker.

If he didn't make the max, then maybe he'd be tradable. Problem is that not too many teams are going to want to pay their #3 guy (that's what KVH is at this point) the max.

NJ will be stuck with KVH for the length of his deal.

I don't know why NJ re-signed him for that much. I doubt there were any teams who were offering the max.

4. ScreamingRocketJet

I don't think Van Horn is anywhere near as low as Baker. Van Horn had a pretty good play off series...came up big several times. Further, he has 'valuable' skills...ie can go outside and hit shots + work inside (poorly) + is a decent ball handler.

Baker can only work inside (poorly).

With McDeyss, I mainly meant if he forces their hand. Ie, if he says that he is leaving next summer...then he may be able to force them to trade him where he wants. (Kidd)

5. Rockets R' Us

Rockets R' Us Contributing Member

I heard I think last week, in the hoopsworld.com rumor mill, that talks were brewing for a Malone for Van Horn swap. Don't remember any details, take it for your fantasies.

6. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Van Horn could goto Utah or Boston :)
    Mainly Utah . . the Good boy done good coming home thing

Van horn for Marshall or Malone

Rocket River

7. drapg

drapg Member

i heard the same quote on a radio show this week. Apparently it is truly being floated around NBA circles... But how would the Nets play Martin and Malone? :confused:

8. kidrock8

kidrock8 Member

Van Horn is anything but a decent ball handler. If he was, then he'd be more capable of creating shots for himself and others. Also, this year, Baker had a decent year statistically. They both are overpaid grossly, but the fact that Baker can play inside, gives the edge to him.

9. University Blue

First of all, Martin is jerk. He should keep those kind of statements inside the lockerroom.

That quote was clearly after the first two games of the Finals - because Martin didn't do **** in those games.

Where was that regular season bravado against O'Neal (and the Lakers)?

The series was a sweep because the Nets were afraid of O'Neal.

Garnett is another player who treats his teammates like **** (in the press).

University (Blue Light Special on Player Hatin')

#9 University Blue, Jun 14, 2002
    Last edited: Jun 15, 2002
  10. Rocketblast

Rocketblast Member

I don't think the Jazz would take Keith Van Horn. Van Horn has an ugly contract, and Andrei Kirilenko and Donyell Marshall play small forward.

11. UNMKT4

UNMKT4 Member

Then again, Van horn was playing the 4 while Martin was playing the 3, according to reports from NBC.

I don't know what Utah Is trying to do.

Maybe recreate their final four college team?

First talks of Andre coming back and now Keith.

All we need is Hanno Mottola from Atlanta, and Michael Doleac from Orlando. :)

12. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

KVH:

GAME 1:12 points on 5-14 shooting
    GAME 2: 6 points on 2-8 shooting
    GAME 3: 14 points on 6-14 shooting
    GAME 4: 7 points on 3-7 shooting

MARTIN:

GAME 1: 21 points on 7-22 shooting
    GAME 2: 6 points on 2-8 shooting
    GAME 3: 26 points on 11-17 shooting
    GAME 4: 35 points on 15-28 shooting

.........................i'll let the stat sheet speak for itself. true martin can be a jerk, but ...he actually hit the nail on the head.

against the lakers on april 3rd

again martin did better than van horn.

13. Rocketblast

Rocketblast Member

Kenyon Martin recently apologized for those comments.

14. WinkFan

WinkFan Contributing Member

Note Martin's shooting in the first two games. It's a little easier to play well once the series has basically been decided. If he had had 35 in game one, it might have meant something.