1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Yahoo] Rockets could lose Yao for season—or longer

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by J-Wolf, Jun 29, 2009.

1. the_hustler

the_hustler Member

hmm.. wondering what the impact of this news could be on Ron's future with the rockets..

Morey's desperation to sign Rubio shows that we are gonna start rebuilding.. for sure.. and I dont think Ron would re-sign .. he is probably looking at some champ contenders..

Secondly.. I think I will see how T-Mac plays out.. unless we get some genuine superstar for his contract..

2. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Maybe Yao needs to participate in Tracy's little seminar about rehab and work ethic.

3. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Adrian Wojnarowski has been writing on the NBA for a long time, in Northern N.J. for print and for ESPN.com for a long time . . . it's not unheard of for him to break a story. Also if you recall, Yahoo! sports broke the Reggie Bush-agent while at USC story long before anybody else.

4. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

We still pay his contract, it still counts against the cap, AND he gets to sign with another team. Releasing him won't work. Literally the only ways he can be wiped is a retirement, or, if we tear up the contract and he agrees to it. Even with a buyout, it still counts against us. He would have to absolve his contract, and both he AND Houston would have to agree.

5. cyruszhang

cyruszhang Member

holy mofo piece of sheeeeeeet

the god never acknowledge Yao's effort...

damnit

6. Rox Addict

Rox Addict Contributing Member

Well I feel bad for Yao because all his life he has been on a basketball court with no rest. It comes to no surprise that Yao has these issues with his feet with his size and weight. If Yao retired I would be happy for him because he could finally rest and he doesn't need the money. Yao is a great human being and I just hope everything comes out okay for him. Yes I want to win but to me Yao's health is more important. I feel that Yao has been a puppet and money making machine for so many people and now he can put that too rest. Good Luck Yao if your ready to hang it up .......

7. djohn2oo8

djohn2oo8 Member

I'M ABOUT TO CRY!!! DAMN IT, TODAY'S MY BIRTHDAY, AND THIS ...... :( :( :(

8. ClutchCity3

ClutchCity3 Member

dude, T-Slack never did the rahabs or did it properly.

Yao always do his rehabs.

9. the_hustler

the_hustler Member

Yep. I dont dispute Wonjnarowski's creds .. that guy is pretty well known.. he is not Stephen A Smith..

10. Mack Tripper

Mack Tripper Member

Adrian Wojnarowski broke the stories about UConn basketball breaking NCAA rules and about Reggie Bush receiving a house from an agent.

11. stipendlax

stipendlax Member

Happy Birthday, man.

12. djohn2oo8

djohn2oo8 Member

Well, now Amare gets to be the main man

13. rockingsoul

rockingsoul Contributing Member

Oh darn it this piece of news is on Yahoo main website's front page. I guess it is true.... :(

14. Vinsanity

Vinsanity Contributing Member

Is anyone surprised? Yao is injured every year and with these foot injuries, and his size, it doesn't look good. We need a center and we need to stop acting like Yao is the centerpiece of this team. It is time to move on and if You can come in off the bench and contribute, then so be it.

15. NIKEstrad

NIKEstrad Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

(Edit: I stand corrected, medical exemption cap will be 5-6m, thanks Pizza)

As far as it being hard to get, yes it is. However, you are trying to attribute this to me based on what I said around McGrady. For McGrady's injury to qualify for the exemption, he would need to be expected to be out this entire upcoming season. There were multiple bench marks (Arenas, Stoudemire, Kidd, et. all) all indicating the timeline would be slightly less than a year, and he'll likely be available. at some point during this season. The Thus, when you kept claiming we could get an injury exception, I told you it was not gonna happen.

This may be different.

We don't really know how severe this is with Yao, and probably won't until we see how he responds to rest over the next several weeks. If it is bad, I would imagine the closest benchmark would be Ilgauskas, who played 29 games over the course of 3 years due to foot injuries, including missing an entire season. We could also maybe look to Grant Hill's foot issues.

16. Rox Addict

Rox Addict Contributing Member

I already posted this Ron will not sign here now why would he nor anyone. Players want to win or get paid and at this point Houston can't do either

17. djohn2oo8

djohn2oo8 Member

thanx, what a birthday...Basketball Gods, have mercy on us

18. stipendlax

stipendlax Member

At what cost? Landry, Brooks, and T-Mac? Who plays backup point?

19. Asian Sensation

To those that are claiming this to be a smokescreen to avoid playing for CNT this summer or in the future it's NOT. He wouldn't have faked an injury or shut it down in the midst of our deepest playoff run in 12 years. He already proclaimed that he wasn't playing this summer regardless.

Perhaps the Rockets have been hesitant to reveal the severity of the injury because it's a bomb. A massive one.... and they were waiting for the right time to release the info (although no time is the right time). This is a major blow that I can't help but believe as being true.

I said the GARM died when Yao was drafted. The GARM dies again if this news is true.

20. Summer Song Giver

I agree with this and also the poster above who said Morey should let all the other spare parts walk and just start over.