1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Dear Ron: Please read this before July 1st.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Hottoddie, Jun 28, 2009.

1. Hottoddie

Hottoddie Contributing Member

Dear Ron,

Please resign with the Rockets this off season. We need you desperately. I know I've proposed trades in the past that would've involved sending you to other teams, but I have since changed my mind.

You've helped this young team in ways that can't be measured by stats alone. You've given them leadership. You've shown them what a blue collar worker is all about. You've played through injuries that most players would've not played through & that has carried over to the other players. While I don't mean to question Yao's toughness, there were two games in particular in which he played through pain that he might not have played through in the past. What fan could forget the game where he bumped knees with Kobe & forced the trainer to let him back into the game. The second instance was the last game he played where he continued to limp up & down the floor on what turned out to be a broken foot. I believe you are responsible for that comittment to the team.

You've brought a tough, gritty comittment & attitude to a team of youngsters that you can't put a value on. This team is on the brink of greatness & needs your continued comittment to take it to the next level.

Daryl Morey has brought in some more talent & will most likely make a couple more moves to upgrade our talent level. McGrady will most likely be playing on another team next year, which won't break my heart one little bit. The man doesn't have the heart, nor the desire to be the leader of this team.

You are the leader we need.

This team has a great coach, a great GM, & a great owner that isn't afraid of paying the luxury tax if it brings us a player to get us over the top for a championship. But, most of all, this team has some of the greatest fans in the world. They'll embrace you like no other fans in the world. You got a taste of the fans appreciation in the game where you ran into the stands & they wouldn't let you get back into the game. That was kinda' funny. :D

This city is my home & I love it. You've made this city your home for the last year & I'd like for you to choose to make it your permanent home. Other than this little hot spell we're going through right now, the weather is great all year long & there's always something to do.

I can't pretend to know what your financial needs are, but I sure hope that won't stand in the way of you coming back to us next year. There are so many players that feel they have to make the most money (and I can't blame them), but how much is enough? I'm very confident that the Rockets will make you a very generous offer, but only you will know if it's enough.

Let me conclude this letter by saying once again, Please resign with the Rockets. We want you back. Let's win a championship together.

Thanks, Hottoddie

1 person likes this.
  2. sbyang

sbyang Member

Dear Ron,

Please do not be offended when the Rockets do not offer you that huge contract you're looking for. Please do not be offended when they allow you to hit the market and look for a better offer. Please resign with the Rockets if all the offers are similar.

P.S.

If someone does offer you $10 mil a year, congrats and go get that money.

3. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Dear Ron, you got drunk and bought me a hot dog the other day. Thanks for the hot dog, because I was pretty wasted too,

Thx

4. TeamUSA

TeamUSA Member

Ron, think about the homeless and hungry in Africa and Asia. 8 million a year is enough to feed your family. Look at Spreewel, Jay Williams, Scottie Pippen.. they would take a penny just to play now. You're very lucky still..

5. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Dear Ron... why were you in New York, buying Sam a freakin' dog, dog?

ARE YOU SIGNING WITH THE KNICKS???? :eek: :eek: :eek:

6. TeamUSA

TeamUSA Member

Ding, ding, we have a weener!!! :D

7. tinywang

tinywang Contributing Member

Ron,

We all said we wanted to trade you but now that it looks like no one wants Tmac, please stay with Houston!!!!

8. baller4life315

baller4life315 Contributing Member

Aside from Hines Ward, is there a bigger bad ass in sports?

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Z3_xmYLBnnA&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Z3_xmYLBnnA&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

9. baller4life315

Haha, nice. Did you show him your chicken head diagram? :cool:

10. Pete Chilcutt

Pete Chilcutt Contributing Member

lol oh man..this is too funny..

Do people really think their opinion matters that much

the dog days of the offseason..

Chiclutt

11. eyhab27

eyhab27 Contributing Member

Dear Ron,

you are possibly the most unintentional funny person ever. please resign with the Rockets

XOXO

12. The Ming Dynasty

The Ming Dynasty Contributing Member

Ron, behind Heinz 57 & french fried potatoes? R U kidding?

13. rhino17

rhino17 Member

haha!!!!

10 mil a year?

Do you really think that's all he is gonna get?

14. ThaBlackKnight

Yao was tough BEFORE Ron Artest got here...

the man plays year round, while putting 320 lbs. on his feet with every step he takes

he gets pounded on night in and night out (without getting many calls).

He played the first 2 years of his career with a very painful, and often bleeding toe infection

He breaks his foot at the end of the 06 season, but still plays for China that same summer.

In 07, he broke his knee cap mid-season, and came back, 2 months later, even though he wasn't the same athletically after that, he still put up similar numbers pre-injury

(Andrew Bynum had the same injury, and NEVER came back that season...even though he doesn't play year round, and was only 20 years old at the time, and never played the type of minutes Yao played)

In 08, he injured his foot early on in the season, but continued to play through the pain, until the pain became unbearable...4 months later. The reason for the pain was a stress fracture. He played on a stress fracture in his foot with 320 lbs. of weight pressing down on that every time he took a step.

To top that off, he rehabbed hard, and made sure that he did not miss the Olympics in China, probably much too early, but he didn't miss a beat. He played his normal minutes and was still the focal point of their offense.

After that, he came into training camp ready to go, and only missed 6 regular season games.

In the playoffs, in game 1 when his team needed him the most, he played through a knee to knee with Kobe, and scored key baskets late in a game 1 victory.

In Game 3, he suffered a hairline fracture in his foot in the 2nd quarter...he played regular minutes the rest of the game, with a very noticable limp, and even missed/got blocked on 2 dunks. But he kept playing and ended up with a pretty good game numbers wise.

Don't try convincing me that Ron Artest is the reason for Yao being tough...that is complete B.S.

Yao is as tough as it gets in the NBA, no question about it.

Ron Artest did help this team, but it wasn't by making Yao tougher...that I can assure you.

15. baller4life315

Street cred doesn't amount to much in the NBA. Hines is so feared by the rest of the league that they've enacted rules specifically aimed at him. I don't think Ron Ron can say that. ;)

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/nbLNFiQSTyE&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/nbLNFiQSTyE&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

16. sabesque

sabesque Member

Dear Ron,

If there's any place in the world that you can lead your crusade against metrosexuality and skinny jeans, its in Houston.

Please resign with the Rockets and I will help you educate the world that they don't have to become metrosexual.

17. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Dear Ron,

You play tough, and hard, and we love you for that....however, you are not near as good as you think you are...

If you are happy for MLE money, welcome back, if not...good luck wherever you play next.

:D

DD

18. ydqkang

ydqkang Member

Ron ,we will give you 10million contract if you can send T-mac away

19. Petey-N-Htown

Petey-N-Htown Member

Dear Ron, please resign with Houston. I might buy your rap album.

20. Strawman

Strawman Member

Offtopic, but...

Wow. I just saw this stat line of Artest in 2004-2005. He was a superstar.

0.496 FG%
    0.412 3pt%
    0.922 FT%
    6.4 RPG
    3.4 APG
    1.7 SPG
    1 BPG
    24.6 PPG