1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

U.S.A. Advances to the round of 16.

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by UNMKT4, Jun 14, 2002.

1. The Voice of Reason

like I said in that other thread. MEXICO IS DANGEROUS.

also Hejuk will be un available due to his 2nd yellow, so Agoos will likely play. should he. well probably not, however everyone is overreacting on his negative effects. he really locked down portugal, and that own goal was gonna be scored if he hit it or not.

ok no to mexico.

Im gonna be tired on monday :)
    I am so proud
    I cant wait till monday, and cant wait till 2006
    I will be in Germany to join Sams Army

GO USA
    USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA

2. Will

Will Clutch Crew
    Supporting Member

Disagree about Donovan -- he just plain shoved the dude out from under the ball, and anywhere else on the field, that's a foul -- but couldn't agree more about Agoos. I went to the qualifier against Honduras in DC. Agoos and Regis were wearing "MAY I EAT YOUR DUST" stickers on their foreheads. The Hondurans blew past them over and over. Agoos has been a disaster waiting to happen throughout qualifying. He's a nice guy, a hard worker, and has a decent free kick. Only one problem: He has no particular athletic gifts. GET HIM OUT OF THERE. If you keep feeling a draft up your butt, you probably have a hole in your pants, and you might want to think about patching it up.

3. ScreamingRocketJet

4. mc mark

mc mark Contributing Member

Others would diagree on Mexico being so much better than the US.

<i>They've (US) played the Mexicans, traditionally the strongest team in the North and Central American and Caribbean, more than any other opponent, going 10-28-8. The United States was 0-21-3 against the Mexicans from 1937 through 1980, but since 1991 the Americans have gone 8-6-5, including 8-3-4 in games not played in Mexico City.</i>

http://newslink.nandomedia.com/Spor.../worldcup/archive/story/435331p-3482699c.html

5. DVauthrin

DVauthrin Contributing Member

Excellent News:

Jeff Agoos will be out the remainder of the World Cup with a calf injury vs. Poland.

Also Frankie is replaceable. If I'm Arena, you see Friedel, Pope, Sanneh, Masteroeni, Mcbride, Beasley, Donovan, Mathis, Reyna, Earnie Stewart if healthy and Regis I guess-don't know much bout him.

Bench of Keller, Cobi Jones, Josh Wolff, Joe Max Moore, and Berhalter.

#25 DVauthrin, Jun 15, 2002
    Last edited: Jun 15, 2002
  6. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

I hope you guys beat Mexico

(...that should make it easier for us to advance to the semifinals ;)).

7. DVauthrin

We can beat Germany too, sorry to disappoint you Jackie :)

The team with the best luck-Sweden. They get Senegal then Japan/Turkey.

8. hoopgod13

hoopgod13 Contributing Member

I think we should move the Beaser (can i refer to Damarcus as this now?) to the back. He's fast, and I think we can really utilize it better back there, haven't seen too many offensive chances created by him in midfield. Hejduk will be missed.

As far as strikers go, mcbride has to go. He's purely an aerial weapon, and I think Joe-Max Moore should get the nod with donovan...or even josh wolff. McBride looks lost when the ball is at his feet.

As far as the draw...I'm torn by either picking España or Germany out of the Korean half...As far as Japan side goes...upset special: Sweden..wooo!

9. Jovi

Jovi Member

Germany sure has several virtues (e.g. playing poorly and winning) but the most consistent virtue has been the luck of the draw. They got the best second round match (Paraguay) and a potential meeting with Mexiko or the US is too good to be true.

10. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

Let's see who will (first) be disappointed...you have to beat Mexico first, remember... :). I just don't see that happening.

11. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

And how the heck did you get that cool "Älteres Mitglied" thing, Jovi :). You know I am older than you (envious ;)).

12. DVauthrin

True, we have to beat Mexico, but we match up well with them.

13. Rocketeer

Rocketeer Contributing Member

If the U.S. plays the way they played against Poland, they will not beat Mexico.

14. UNMKT4

UNMKT4 Member

Is George Campus still the goalie for Mexico?Also known as Jorge Campos. I use that other name to piss off my friend whos from Mex.

I found out we will play(i'm hoping) Germany in the 1/4's.

15. Rocketeer

Rocketeer Contributing Member

He's still on the team but not a starter, way passed his prime and Mexican fans are shocked he's even on the team. "Conejo" (rabbit) Perez is the goalie now who is playing very well.