1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Photoshop: Stoudemire in a Rockets uni (merged: Rockets-Suns trade rumor)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jun 24, 2009.

1. fogo11606

fogo11606 Member

Won't Amare go to NY instead next season? One year rental, with no Yao I doubt he will even consider resigning with the Rockets.

2. rn_xw

rn_xw Member

We might not be getting Amare, but Morey will find a way to upgrade our team.

It feels good to be a rockets fan during offseason.

3. somenobody

somenobody Member

Suns and Cavs are near to the deal of sending Shaq to Cavs. Will Suns give up their another all-star and rebuild around old Nash? I doubt it.

Here is the link
    http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=4285489

4. HalataHoops

HalataHoops Member

How are we going to trade Artest??? He is not signed to a contract with us.

5. fogo11606

fogo11606 Member

Who's that playmaker on your mind?

6. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

A sign and trade can be done with him.

7. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

We could do a sign & trade but who would want him?

8. RasaqBoi

RasaqBoi Member

9. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

very good point. however, i think minutes does relate to salary to an extent. if you tie up $15M in a guy who plays 24 minutes (for example), you have less to spend on guys playing bigger minutes which means the majority of the minutes are being played by lesser talented players.

10. HalataHoops

HalataHoops Member

Exactly

11. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

Hey stop copying me JK. :D

Does anyone think the Warriors would want him in exchange for Stephen Jackson or Maggette? + fillers.

12. bushwickbillyd

bushwickbillyd Contributing Member

yes, that's already been stated

13. rodmanhust

rodmanhust Member

doesnt AS have a huge ego? I remember he said he wanna be LBJ DWW type on his team. can he play alongside Yao and Artest? I'm doubtful

14. vstexas09

vstexas09 Contributing Member

i'm totally against this, because i want to keep our young talent...

i really hope that DM deals only one of the two (carl or brooks), but not both...preferrably carl should be traded....

15. RocketGirl6

RocketGirl6 Member

I thougtht Daryl said he wanted someone to play all season, hasn't Amare had injury problems in the past, I know the eyes this season but not sure about others, and he has publicly said he loves the NY coach (can't think of his name) and wants to play for him again. I would rather get someone who would be happy here and not want another coach. We need team players. I think Daryl is good enough to make a TMac/Dorsey/Cook and even Barry package look good without giving up any of our good players. The Suns just got 2 average players for Shaq.

16. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Not sure, it's possible that a veteran team might want him. I do feel the best we can expect is to break even in such a scenario.

17. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

good question. i don't have any answers as to amare's thinking. only he does. i can say that if a trade were to go down there would have to be an agreement in principle on an extension. this is what the rockets did when acquiring tmac.

also, you were assuming that by parting ways with yao we let him walk with no compensation. i say, trade him for a couple of pieces to rebuild around amare. i'm pretty sure he'd stay on a contending team on which he was the #1 option, and got paid what he wanted.

18. HOUastrocketexan

http://insider.espn.go.com/nba/draft2009/insider/news/story?page=09DraftBuzz-090625

Latest from espn insider.

POSTED: June 25 -- 10:49 a.m. ET

Chad Ford: Watch out for the Houston Rockets. Sources say they have been really active the past 24 hours, having contacted the Grizzlies, Thunder, Kings and Timberwolves about trying to get into the lottery.

It sound like virtually everyone on Houston's roster is available. Teams report that the Rockets are trying to parlay Tracy McGrady's expiring contract and Aaron Brooks' newfound celebrity status into a big upgrade in Houston. Carl Landry and Shane Battier were also mentioned as possible trade pieces.

The Rockets are also among several teams that will be making a run at Amare Stoudemire. With Shaq gone, expect the Stoudemire rumors to start heating up again.

19. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

He'd probably be another one year rental like Artest since he is expected to opt out of his current deal and join the Knicks, Mike D'Antoni is the coaches name you're thinking of.

20. thacabbage

thacabbage Contributing Member

if this report regarding yao is true, and not just a purposeful leak by the rockets to assuage public concern over amare, i'm not sure yao would even have much value left in a trade.

BTW: what was up with that rich bucher bit about trying to trade t-mac for jrich and then following up with "the numbers didn't work." Ya think?