1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Keep Aaron Brooks

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DaDakota, Jun 22, 2009.

1. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/hJ9QupKvz_c&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/hJ9QupKvz_c&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

look at the 2 plays of brooks using the pick and roll in the vid. if he improves that part of his game, he'll be a very tough player to stop. his speed will allow him to go to the paint at will. but now teams will give up the J to defend that and he'll be lethal if he perfects that part of his game.

2. Rocket86

Rocket86 Member

He is developing into a NBA pg. He can only get better. Keep Brooks.

3. leebigez

leebigez Contributing Member

I have had league pass since 94 or so and that's not to downplay what you're saying. I don't think the inside out dunleavy approach is why he played bad. I think it was more about what he thought he was coming to and what he actually saw when he got there. This was a team that was going to field Kaman,Brand,thornton,davis,and davis. Then Brand pulled a boozer and they had to scramble and got randolph and had already got camby. Then , kaman wasn't healthy,camby got hurt, and now you're out the playoff picture before the all star break. I've seen him enough to know that he has to play on a team that has a chance to win games. Just like randy moss in football, he's better on a better team. He has proven that he's a top 5 pg in the league and a top 15 player in the league when he's healthy and playing on a good team. He's a physically dominating pg who still has the athleticism to get to the rack. In the playoffs, he has shown that he can basically be unguardable because of his size/physical prowess at his position. That's why I said if u trade brooks, get someone like davis, not a rookie like rubio. If u get rubio, u might as well package yao and retool the entire team. Rubio needs the ball in his hands and playing with yao takes the ball out his hands a lot.

4. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

EXACTLY !!!

DD

5. jopatmc

jopatmc Contributing Member

No to Brooks for Davis.

Don't you love Brooks' attitude? I loved the little laugh after he said, "We still got no chance".

6. BasketballReasons

BasketballReasons Contributing Member

When will DD videos comeback?

7. hancock.corey

hancock.corey Member

Where was the EVIDENCE that AB was leaving?

8. hancock.corey

hancock.corey Member

We need all we can get. It only takes 1.

9. hancock.corey

hancock.corey Member

IFs....don't ya just love em? Good point, by the way.

10. A00man

A00man Member

Agreed. I can't believe all the "Aaron Brooks for this and that" threads that pop up. For years we've been wanting a good efficient pg, and now that we finally seem to have one, let's trade him! :rolleyes:. I'd hang on to Aaron Brooks unless something really really enticing pops up.

11. solid

solid Contributing Member

I agree; he has flashed signs of brilliance. At this point he is so raw that his glaring inconsistencies can be annoying. As to shooting, is he Rafer or Ray Allen, hard to tell? The given, he is really fast, too fast for most contenders to deal with. He should get better and better. Yep, a keeper. I wish the same for Landry, but he is likely a goner. I would rather move Shane.

12. LabMouse

LabMouse Member

This playoff run showed that Brooks can play the ball at a high level, so we should keep him, and trade others. Trade him only we can get a very good return.

13. bjshot

bjshot Member

height and intellegence can't be taught. So AB will not be Tony Parker. TP had Manu when TP was inexperience, he didn't need to take major responsibilty, spurs could afford his mistake and weakness. AB has different situation. He will bring a lots of grown pain, which might cause Rockets the torphy.

14. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

We need a SG that can create, but how do you feel about Chuck Hayes are our backup to Yao? Some aren't so sure.

15. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

just thought of it... do you think Dorsey or Cook will be employed for this? I can't see that happening yet but maybe. I don't know what to think about either of those options.

16. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

Books is the SG that can create. Problem is that he is in a PG body. Our best way to utilize that is allow T-Mac to run the point for a little, while Brooks can play off the ball and take advantage of his ability to score.

17. rocketblaze

rocketblaze Member

luther head coudn't dribble to save his life......do you remember him trying to play point :rolleyes:

18. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

No that is not true, Tmac will not be here, but you are correct in that we need a creating/scoring Wing.

DD