1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Joe Johnson is the perfect solution for T-Mac

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by djohn2oo8, Jun 19, 2009.

1. FR0497

FR0497 Member

Agree. The bold has been beaten to the ground about how untrue that is.

2. mms

mms Member

If, if, if Morey calls the Hawks, what will he offer?

Ron(10+/yr) + AB <--> JJ, or
    Tmac+AB <--> JJ + Claxton ?

Both are good to me.

3. UofTOrange

UofTOrange Contributing Member

It's not untrue really. I mean, they don't have 23 million to spend, but they could (from all I can tell) sign a max player in his place. It would take more than just McGrady coming off, but with him gone the Rockets could easily make it happen.

And I assume Tom didn't complete his thought on the expiring. Curry has two player option years left, but I would guess he was thinking the Rockets would buy him out. Now, you could clearly say that's a bunch of cash. And I, for one, don't want him. Not at 1 year 10 MM or 1 year 30MM, or 3 years 30 MM for that matter

#23 UofTOrange, Jun 19, 2009
    Last edited: Jun 19, 2009
  4. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

I was disappointed in him this year.

5. TheGreat

TheGreat Member

Yep, most disappointing in the playoffs especially. He averaged around 16 on 40 % shooting.

6. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

ur right. but the difference, like u said, he is a ghost in the playoffs. career playoffs PER: 13.5.

that's beyond pathetic. say no to joe.

7. FR0497

FR0497 Member

That is not what the bolded stated. It said just letting McGrady expire. We cannot sign a max player with JUST Mcgrady expiring. Which means he is incorrect, untrue, or maybe he misremembered the facts........

8. The Brian

The Brian Member

yeah, he wasn't good this year, but the hawks under achieved as a team.

but he played great against boston last year, especially in the clutch.

9. TheGreat

TheGreat Member

Overall, he was averaging 20 PPG and 40% shooting last year. He had a big game of 35 but was actually pretty quiet the other games.

Last 2 games where he should of closed it out, he averaged 15 PPG on 30% shooting. Even when he wasn't scoring, he was also underachieving on the assist side as well.

10. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

This is idiotic. When Tracy expires, we will have NO MONEY TO SPEND....

11. FishBulb913

FishBulb913 Contributing Member

I wouldn't say the rumors have been "raining sideways." I would say the speculation has been.

12. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

"GM Daryl Morey told the Houston Chronicle that the Rockets are not shopping Tracy McGrady. Yes, Morey has spoken to other teams about McGrady, but they're calling him, he is not calling them with trade proposals.
    "We're not seeking to trade Tracy," he said. "I've got to look at everything. That's my job."

McGrady, who will make $22.5M next year, is entering the final year of his contract
    ."

I personally don't believe the not well liked comment. During the playoffs I went to the game and I personally witnessed Artest and McGrady walking to the locker room at half time with thier arms around each others shoulders.

13. Oski2005

Oski2005 Contributing Member

How would they even get Johnson? Believe me, I thought that too way back before I realized that we were like 11 million over the cap right now. We'll be even more over the cap next season if we resign Artest. We won't be able to sign him out right and to trade for him would require the Hawks to be losing big time by the deadline and for Johnson to demand a trade and for them to give up on Josh Smith because he is their only long term contract on the books.

14. eveluvsrox

eveluvsrox Contributing Member

I've mentioned this a few times.

15. Aznoob

Aznoob Member

Would you rather have:

Joe Johnson - great court vision, disappears in the playoffs

or

Tracy McGrady - great court vision, doesn't play in the playoffs due to injury?

Johnson doesn't have to be the 1st option here. He can defer to Yao, and even Artest, if we resign him.

Brooks
    Johnson
    Artest
    Scola
    Yao

:D

16. DallasThomas

DallasThomas Contributing Member

Thank you.

The only way to get someone like that in 2010 while staying competitive would be a S&T - just like any other team.

I suppose the Rockets could clear up enough space to sign Johnson outright, but it would mean sacrificing either Yao, or Scola/Brooks/Artest(this year).

At that point, what difference would JJ make?

17. rockmanslim

rockmanslim Member

Dreamshake is nothing but a "T-Mac-stole-my-lunch-money-and-kicked-my-dog" site. Why the hell would people post their haterade soaked opinions on this foru.........oh wait. nevermind.

18. FR0497

FR0497 Member

How can Johnson defer to Yao if Yao doesn't play in the playoffs either because of injury? :rolleyes:

19. Aznoob

Aznoob Member

The X-Men called. They're missing their clairvoyant team member.

Sure, Yao might be injured. But I have a feeling that he might be more durable this upcoming season.

20. FR0497

FR0497 Member

Good one. :rolleyes:

Not sure when "feelings" could predict the future.

Look if your going to call out T-Mac on injuries the same would apply to Yao. Sucks but just the way it is. It would seem the more miles Yao puts on those feet, the more prone he's going to be for more future injuries. Hopefully the weight loss he plans for this summer will help him but size and mileage isn't on his side when it comes to injuries.