1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Draftexpress] T-Mac being actively shopped

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by i3artow i3aller, Jun 16, 2009.

1. tomjc

tomjc Member

oh p.s.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/xLCo66av7KI&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/xLCo66av7KI&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

had to sneak this in

2. Timeout

Timeout Member

was kobe injured?

3. BleedRed

BleedRed Member

The more I read all the players we can potentially get for TMac the more I hate it. Last year was definitely an anomaly, even for TMac. Before that when has he ever come into training camp at below par fitness level? I say we give one more shot with this Yao/TMac experiment and even if we get the 2007 version of TMac, we will be a great great team if Artest is around.

Otherwise I want to trade TMac for someone who can create his own shots. No more spot up shooters!! No Hamilton! No Reed! Please! Haven't we learn that when Yao is taken out by double teams and fronting, our offense becomes so friggin stagnant.

4. Tsquare

Tsquare Member

I remember you posting it in the preseason that you would rather have DJ over Wafer like a lot of people on this board said when no body knew about Von. Von Wafer has a breakout year and what do you know, everyone who picked DJ ended up changing their minds on him. :rolleyes: If I was a contributing member I would pull up your old post to prove it but I'm not so if someone else who is a contributing member that wouldn't mind doing that, I would appreciate it. If not...oh well.

5. BleedRed

BleedRed Member

TSquare, so let me guess, you knew ALL along that Wafer would do this good? Come on now. Both DJ and Wafer were not a proven commodity back then, how can a regular fan be faulted for picking or not picking one over the other. It was a crap shoot anyway.

6. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Good luck finding that mythological post......I didn't like either Von or DJ......so couldn't have cared one iota about keeping either one of them.

Stop making stuff up.

DD

7. Tsquare

Tsquare Member

I didn't know for sure, but I did say before in the preseason (on this forum) that Von is what this team needs and if he got playing time with that he could be great for us. And I'm now saying and have been saying it for a while, that James White could be as good for the team if not better than Wafer. That's only if he gets the chance like Von had last season.

8. YaoforPrez

YaoforPrez Member

wafer got the chances to play because he played well. You earn playing time by performing well. James White will have to play well in preseason and practice to get playing time. no offense, but Your argument that he will help the team "only if he gets the chance like Von had last season" is kinda stupid. If he sucks, he's not going to play. If he is a player on our roster that can contribute more than others, than he will play. all your statement does is safeguard you from being wrong if white plays or not. if he plays, then u can say "see, i told you he can contribute"; if he doesn't play, then u will say "he's not getting a fair chance to show his stuff".

9. ParaSolid

ParaSolid Member

Here's a question:

Would you say yes to a deal involving McGrady and a SnT Artest to Atlanta for Joe Johnson and filler to make a deal work? It would be like starting over again with the inside outside combo, except with an infinitely better supporting cast.

10. Tsquare

Tsquare Member

If he sucks you think Daryl Morey would've signed him? No offense, but you would be stupid if you think so cause we already have one screw up Joey Dorsey and I don't think Morey would make the same mistake. Don't forget that he did put up 26ppg in the D-league. Yeah I know its the D-league but that's still pretty impressive. With Ron Artest, Von Wafer, and even AB getting minutes at the SG spot there isn't much left for James, even if he plays good during practice. It's really all up to Rick if he plays or not. But I think the guy is a baller and if he sees time he'll show it. And plus I didn't say he would only help the team if he had playing time. I said he could be good player like Von if he had the chance to play.

11. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

NO. b/c joe johnson is simply not that good. dude was literally a ghost in the entire playoffs last yr outside of 1 game. a ghost.

12. Tsquare

Tsquare Member

agreed

Brandon Roy is way better in my opinion

13. Nelly

Nelly Contributing Member

Slamonline has a mock draft where they write an article about every pick. I found this pretty funny.

Any way you examine the situation, the L.A. Clippers should draft Blake Griffin, but they should do it for the two most important reasons of all. He is a sure thing and the pick makes the most sense. And that is why Donald Sterling will inevitably trade the No. 1 pick to Houston for Tracy McGrady. It’s just dumb enough of a move to happen in Clipperland. The L.A. Clippers. Where collective sighs of disappointment happen. Not anymore if Blake Griffin is chosen.

http://www.slamonline.com/online/nba/2009/05/slamonline-mock-draft-blake-griffin-no-1/

14. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

i'd do that trade for brandon roy. joe johnson was EXPOSED badly in last year's playoffs.

he had a PER of 12.5 in the playoffs last yr. that's actually his AVERAGE (averages 13.4). dude disappears in the playoffs and that's just a fact.

15. TheBrownDude

TheBrownDude Member

People have so much hate for Tracy now because he was out for this whole season. Give this guy a chance hes coming out of surgery and he wants to prove to the nba that he is the best 2 guard in the league.

16. SuperHighFly

SuperHighFly Member

:eek: T-Mac is that really you?

17. Tsquare

Tsquare Member

Flame on

18. Aznoob

Aznoob Member

I'm gonna give McGrady 5 games to prove himself before I either praise him, or want him out of Houston.

He knows he is in a contract year. I just hope, than when he DOES come back, he isn't going to pull a "Kobe Bryant, years 2003-2007", and ballhog every posession.

19. The Rock MVP

The Rock MVP Member

I'm gonna agree with you on this. Maybe im just a forgiving person, but this guy has carried us (don't care what you guys say) for the past 3 years before last season. Maybe not to playoff success but this is the first year we had two allstars most of the playoffs. One we fell to only 1 allstar we lost.

I say give him a chance.

20. dkoune

dkoune Rookie

A lot of superstars have had tough times with there teams. Ex. paul pierce with the celtics pre Garnett. Almost traded, given a chance. Championship!! D Wade.. Hurt all last year,people thought he was declining. Look what happened this year. I say give mac one more chance.