1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

What is a Brooks/Landry package worth?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Francis3422, Jun 14, 2009.

1. shortfuse3

shortfuse3 Member

remember, brooks had a great series against LA but all PG's put up huge numbers againt LA. Brooks is still a fringe starter and Landry is still a reserve spark off the bench.

2. EssTooKayTD

EssTooKayTD Contributing Member

I don't think it would ever happen, but the thought of Granger in a Rockets uni makes me feel funny in my special spot.

3. choujie

choujie Member

Sell high if you really want to improve the team. AB's game and Yao's game don't fit well, and Yao is obviously untouchable according to Alexander.

The playoff series against Lakers boosted AB's value, but his size and court vision will alwyas be a problem for his entire career.

And if you look closely, what AB did in that series is got hot at the right time, making shots at a higher percentage than he normally does. How about the rest of his game?

Did AB do a good job at defending? No.
    Did AB make a lot hustle plays? No.
    Stole the ball a lot? No.
    Assisted a lot? No.
    Turned the ball over a lot? YES.

And keep in mind, AB had the luxury to play against a 34 year old Fisher, who could no longer stay in front of any quick guards. Even luckier, Fisher was in a huge shooting slump.

"AB is the most exciting PG we have for years" means nothing because Rockets haven't got an above average one for years.

It's the perfect timing to trade AB if the right deal comes up, because he's overrated at this moment. Too bad Wafer didn't have a good playoff run, otherwise a sign and trade might get Rockets some good stuff in return as well.

4. thekingofcool

thekingofcool Member

I agree that AB is a sell high candidate right now. Sure, he scored 34 in that one game but I'm pretty sure I could get 20 on Fish.

5. Untraceable

Untraceable Member

Dude, I would take brooks anyday over Alston's 4 years of garbageness

6. Agent94

Agent94 Member

Thats the second time I have seen a post like this. Did everyone forget about Sleepy Floyd? I don't think anyone wants another Sleep Floyd running the show in Houston.

http://www.nba.com/playoffs2005/floyd_050503.html

"Setting NBA playoff records for points (29) and field goals (12) in a quarter and points (39) in a half, Sleepy led the underdog Warriors to a 129-121 victory over the eventual NBA Champion Los Angeles Lakers."

7. redao

redao Member

Brooks+ Landry for Rafer.
    Morey needs to fix his mistake and get his championship PG back.

8. ElDobleK

ElDobleK Literally Zan Tabak

Hey now, for a few seasons for the Warriors, Floyd was good for at least 17 and 9. I'd take that from Brooks any day.

9. sephiroth.hk

sephiroth.hk Member

HAHA,
    I think magic will like to do this trade very much. XD

10. Yaoismyhomeboy

Hi, I am very interested in yao's bubblehead, how much is it? :D

11. roflmcwaffles

roflmcwaffles Member

I think they are worth a high draft pick + filler in this year's draft (due to the weakness in this draft).

I know I am a bit of a homer when I say this, but you have to take into account they are both REALLY YOUNG, REALLY CHEAP (signed to very friendly contracts), and both have shown tremendous potential.

If I'm the Rockets though I prefer them to be packaged in a deal to get a superstar PG. (One can only hope for NOs to start salary dumping and give us C3 :D).

I think though if we can move Landry + Tmac package to get a solid 2 guard, I'd be happy to keep our PG combo.

12. Pat

Pat Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I had the same thought, but I was thinking a couple of years earlier and the rescinded trade for Sean Elliot. Horry and Cassell were a little younger and a little less proven. Shooting from memory here, but I think Elliot was a one or two time all star. He had more tread than the Barkley, but he was not a young puppy. Maybe one or two years past his peak.

That being said I am pretty sure Horry was viewed as better than Landry is. He was basically tall for his position (3), played defense, and could shoot 3's, while Landry is undersized. I think Brooks/Cassell is a little more even, but Cassell did have a ring, and was an active contributor to getting it, so you have to give him some points for that.

13. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

The only way I give up AB for a draft pick is if I'm getting Rubio in return. There isn't a single other player in the draft I would want for him. And throwing in Landry would also mean throwing in T-Mac, which would mean getting back a superstar as well. If it isn't something along those lines, then I don't do a deal.

14. alethios

alethios Member

Brooks will only get better. He needed playoff experience to prove he can rock with the big boys. I don't doubt he can be a great scoring sparkplug like Jason Terry. We need a real playmaker to general the 1st squad and have him come off the bench to light up the scoreboard.

Landry would put up quality numbers if he was starting, simply because his shooting percentage is so high and he rebounds well. If he could cut out the turnovers and work more on his low post skills, he would fetch a much better contract than what he currently has, but it's hard to see him starting on any team right now.

15. Yao4REAL

Yao4REAL Member

No reason to trade Brooks unless we get someone better in return such as Rubio or Nash. So any trade to improve the team has to involve Tmac.

The Rox don't want Tmac in the starting lineup because he totally change the team offensively and defensively in a negative and positive way!! It's been negative for the past year. Plus they're convinced that the combo of Artest and Battier WORKS!! And not just offensively but a tremendous boost to the team overall defense.

Brooks is a player that can only improve...but if we can get someone is better than him who can create play for others and see the play better than anyone else on the court (like Nash and Rubio), then it's a definite improvement because the only problem with this team seems to be when Yao is fronted, they don't know what to do. They don't seem to have another GO-2-GUY. Artest isn't consistent enough. Brooks isn't smart enough. But things can work out next year as he play more since he has the speed and ability to shoot.

So i guess the likely position we need is a backup Center and i think trading with the Knicks for David Lee will fit the bill. Did you see how efficient that dude is?? He's in the same league as Yao when it comes to efficiency. He's the best rebounder in the ENTIRE NBA!! Great free throw shooter which tells me he has great stroke. I think this is a great trade plus the draft pick but we're risking not getting someone that we can rely as the 2nd GO-2-GUY. But then, he wouldn't need that other Go-2-Guy anyway as we can develop him through Brooks or Artest. I know Artest can play much MUCH better than he shown...because when he was with the Kings, he was unaffordable in some of the things he does. He shows flashes in Houston but wasn't consistent.

16. Corpusfan

Corpusfan Member

I like our PG tandem and the really great thing is at their ages, they should keep getting better. I think it would be a mistake to trade one of them away, unless it netted something spectacular. I'd rather see the Rockets focus on SG and backup center.

17. bjshot

bjshot Member

AI, the 1st pick in 1996 scored 40+ 5 games in a row in his rocky year and a mvp in 5-6 years. I think AB is worthy a 6-10 picks.

18. dragonz

dragonz Member

You would never know...
    future generation may correct you on that...

19. min

min Member

Undersized PG + Undersized PF = TRADE NOW while hot!!!

Preferably for length and Above-Average-Sized SF or SG or PG...

20. moo

moo Member

For example, a Rockets team without AB and Landry? :eek: