1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

1. Yao4REAL

Yao4REAL Member

Man, if we can get Turkuglo, we don't need Tmac. In fact, Turkuglo is all we need and a hell lot better than Tmac imo.

But then I always want Artest and Battier to be in the starting lineup because they give us tough perimeter D with Yao inside. So that's why i say we ONLY need to upgrade our PG position. Someone that are considered the go-2-guy, like Nash. Someone that create play or make plays for others. Aaron Brooks can't do that. That's why the team don't know what to do when Yao is fronted. Artest posting up and dribbling outside is NOT enough.

2. BrooksBall

BrooksBall Contributing Member

It was a joke with no basis in reality.

I'm well aware of Hedo's value to that team.

3. Precision340

Precision340 Member

i think he would be a great fit.. i can definitely see him lobbing a pass to yao..

4. Naija Texan

Naija Texan Member

Usually Hedo is great on the offensive end but after seeing his performance on defense last night, I don't want him.

I mean, its well known that he is a bit slow but a lot of times, it didn't look like it was a speed thing so much that he didn't try. Not raising his hands he people are shooting in front of him, bad fouls and a string of other gaffs that made me realize that he'd be counter productive for the current make up of the Rockets team.

If we really don't get Artest, both Ariza and Odom stay with the Lakers and Ben Gordon is out of the picture, I'd say it should be considered out of desperation but that is about it.

5. dmenacela

dmenacela Contributing Member

I would not mind having Turkoglu on the Rockets. He was the Magic's best offensive option and I think the Rockets could definitely use a guy like Turkoglu.

T-mac for Turk?

6. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Let's not forget that Turkoglu was part of the Rick's Sacremento Kings team that almost made the finals if not for Robert Horry.

7. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

I'd take Hedo over Artest tbh.

8. Petey-N-Htown

Petey-N-Htown Member

Pass on Hedo.

9. roxstarz

roxstarz Member

im tired of seeing artest and battier play at the same time. IMO, s&t artest for turkoglu. that way we get more offense and more height.

10. Evil Empire

Evil Empire Member

I'm fantasizing about having the same roster as last year, but with Turkoglu instead of T-Mac.

Put him at the top with the ball as point-forward. Great vision/passing, and he can shoot from anywhere. Perfect fit for this team. Yes to Hedo

11. knifejc

knifejc Member

Like a few others have said, watching his defense last night. I don't want him either. Plus how old is Hedo now?

12. langal

langal Contributing Member

Is it possible to get him at a bargain?

The way I see it, playing with Yao can really boost your career. The Chinese shoe contract is a given. More importantly, borderline all-stars (like Hedo) will probably get voted in and start.

13. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

ron isn't exactly a young'n himself, i'd rather have Hedo than ron

14. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

For those who want ron instead of Hedo:

1. they are the same age
    2. hedo fits better
    3. what ron brought to the team is highly overrated....he confronts Kobe and all of a sudden the guy is Dirty Harry or something...what he brought was mainly for show. I'd rather have someone who's not going to be a character, but gets it done on the court. We already have guys who are tough, Ron just helped bring it out to the media.
    4. Hedo's defense is spotty, but then again so was ron's....yes ron's is better than hedo's, but it's still spotty...the drop won't be huge and we still have the team D to make up for it.
    5. Ron's not clutch, Hedo is right up there when it comes to clutch shots, and we really need that.

15. Seth

Seth Member

I don´t like him, he is a choker, has always been, on the big stage with the spurs and now with the magic.

16. roxstarz

roxstarz Member

seems to me like you just don't like him. hedo made clutch shots the entire playoffs. ;)

17. theDude

theDude Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

No. I don’t think you’re paying attention. The only teams that can offer more than the MLE are Memphis, Detroit and Oklahoma City. He is already on a team that just went to the Finals. Why would he want to take less money to go to (what he would likely perceive as) a lesser team? With him being Orlando’s free agent, they can pay him more than the MLE, without paying a luxury tax. So, he opts out to get a higher salary from Orlando. Unless Orlando sees him as expendable (which I doubt they do), they will likely re-sign him for about $10-12M.

18. vbx

vbx Member

So you must hate Yao also?

19. Seth

Seth Member

The good thing about Turkoglu is that now the Magic will find very difficult to sign Gortat.

20. DcProWLer277

DcProWLer277 Rookie

Sure like Orlando would sign and trade Turk for T-Mac, after all the drama he went though there...

1 person likes this.