1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Does T-Mac Regret Leaving Orlando?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ghettocheeze, Jun 9, 2009.

1. Artesticles

Artesticles Member

As long as Weisbrod was their GM, McGrady wanted to get out ASAP. No regrets to this day.

Besides, in Houston, he got to be teammates with Yao and Mutombo, two of the great gentle giants and overall nice guys of all-time. And he got to be coached by JVG, who he would consider the best coach he's ever played under.

What he regrets are his injuries and bad luck. Nothing he can do about it. I don't think he regrets his contract though.

2. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

[​IMG]

3. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

McGrady quit on Orlando before Weisbrod was GM, stop blaming Weisbrod.

#23 pgabriel, Jun 9, 2009
    Last edited: Jun 9, 2009
  4. Artesticles

Artesticles Member

It wasn't that he quit. He still put up good numbers. When you know your team is awful and consistently missing the player who was supposed to be the #1 option every year, which forces him to carry an entire team (which has never worked), his motivation understandably decreases. He wanted out, and was justified in wanting out.

5. tinman

Supporting Member

Wow. certain Tmac fans are so delusional, they forgot why Tmac got traded here.

The hate in Orlando when Tmac came back as a Rocket was like Hitler going to a Barbara Streisand Concert.

Rocket fans treated Karl Malone nicer than Orlando fans did to Tmac that night.

This is sad.

#1 Tmac fans who didn't even WATCH the beginning of the TMAC era with the Rockets
    #2 Tmac fans are fake Orlando fans cause Orlando fans didn't want him anymore

6. tinman

Supporting Member

*Cough* BS

http://espn.go.com/nba/recap?gameId=250120019

The sellout crowd, focusing its frustration for last season's 61-loss debacle on McGrady, booed him from introductions on. Many waved signs roasting "Me-Mac" for his recent disclosure that he slacked off during his final season here.
    "Actually, Toronto was worse," said McGrady, who angered that city by leaving as a free agent in 2000.
    Although the booing was expected, it was still jarring because McGrady could do no wrong here for three seasons. Living the story of local boy-makes-good, he was serenaded with chants of "MVP!" by fans enthralled with his soaring drives to the hoop and long-distance shots, all delivered seemingly without effort.
    But everything soured last season. The Magic won their opener, McGrady's buzzer-beating tip-in sending the game into overtime, then lost 19 straight, crushing the team's playoff hopes by Thanksgiving.
    The losing grated on McGrady so much, he openly talked of quitting -- not the attitude the team wanted when it named him captain. As the long season unfolded, McGrady got his points but refused to take responsibility for the Magic's record.
    In one of his last games in Orlando, McGrady scored a franchise-record 62 points, clinching his second straight scoring title. But two weeks later, the team placed him on the injured list with a knee problem McGrady admitted he could've played through, had the games meant anything.
    After the season, McGrady told the team he wanted out -- and on June 29 the Magic were happy to oblige, trading him to Houston.

7. SuperVon

SuperVon Contributing Member

Tinman just hates the guy plain and simple.

8. Pringles

Pringles Member

Motivation decrease to the point where you aren't trying your hardest?

That's quitting in my book.

9. tinman

Supporting Member

Tell Clutch that Tinman is unfairly using REAL ARTICLES to prove his point vs Tracy fans who no nothing about the Rockets during the Tmac era and obviously nothing about his Orlando era too.

Hey Tmac fans, post me some articles by your beloved ESPN, cause T-mac loves ESPN especially Stephen A Smith, saying what I posted by ESPN and the Houston Chronicle and witnessed by Rockets fans who watch Rockets games and the Orlando fans and the millions of fans who saw this freaking game on TNT!

Truth hurts.

10. SuperVon

Im just happy tmac has helped keep this team above .500 for the most part of his time in Houston. Be happy with what we have or your just as bad as tmac.

11. tinman

Supporting Member

This season was the happiest season in along time for the Rockets and their fans.

12. SuperVon

Then theres no need to complain. We had a great seaon.

13. tinman

Supporting Member

you just said I hated Tracy McGrady, then when I asked you to post some real articles to counter my points about Tmac's exit from orlando,

you post this Rodney King type "can't we all be happy" comeback

It's not hate, its just the truth. I don't like when people post some bs on this board like

Orlando fans really loved Tmac or he never quit Orlando

he admitted he did, look at this:
    http://espn.go.com/nba/recap?gameId=250120019

As the long season unfolded, McGrady got his points but refused to take responsibility for the Magic's record.
    In one of his last games in Orlando, McGrady scored a franchise-record 62 points, clinching his second straight scoring title. But two weeks later, the team placed him on the injured list with a knee problem McGrady admitted he could've played through, had the games meant anything.

Look, I'm the biggest Vernon Maxwell fan on the board.
    Vernon left the Rockets cause he was mad that they didn't sign him to a contract extension during the season and that he lost his starting job to Clyde Drexler. That was just fact, he left and didn't want to be part of the Rockets.

Why can't the freaking Tmac fans accept fact?

Do Barkley fans forget that he threw somebody out a window?

Do Kobe fans forget that he fooled around with a teenager?

No.

But the Tmac fans refuses to believe that Tmac OPENLY talked about QUITTING.

14. ChrisBosh

ChrisBosh Member

The guy hates whatever situation he is in, he wants to be on a team where he's considered the man, but where he does not have to do anything. :D

15. SuperVon

Im pretty sure you asked all tmac fans. I consider myself a Rof. Tmacs part of the team for now, so learn to accept it.

16. tinman

Supporting Member

I've accepted it since he got here.

Learn to accept the truth.

Did you EVEN WATCH this game?

are you letting some person who didn't watch this game lie about it?
    Just because Tracy is part of the Rockets doesn't change what really happened.

If he won 5 MVPs, doesn't change the fact he got booed by Orlando and the reason why he left Orlando is because he quit and openly talked about it.

17. tinman

Supporting Member

Learn to also accept what this topic is about.

Tmac leaving Orlando. that's the topic, whatever you posted has nothing to do with it.

Start a Rodney King Rocket fans thread and you can preach "Can't we all just get along?"

This is about why he left and if he regrets. Some people don't know the real truth on why he left Orlando. I'm giving documented proof.

18. doublebogey

doublebogey Member

The Magic fans should thank T-Slack. Yeah, T-Mac admittedly said he was T-Slack in his last season in Orlando. It's also because he's T-Slack, which also helped the Magic to win the lottery and get D-Ho.

1 person likes this.
  19. tinman

Supporting Member

here's another source,
    the ORLANDO SENTINEL

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/sports/orl-sportsmagic-bianchi-ss-04060409jun04,0,4026538.column

n the last 13 years, Magic fans have endured the biggest free-agent loss (Shaq) in sports history and the biggest free-agent bust ( Grant Hill) in sports history. They suffered through Tracy McGrady quitting on the team after four years and Billy Donovan quitting on the team after five minutes. They've seen Brian Hill hired and fired — twice.

20. WeMissDekeMan

WeMissDekeMan Rookie

That would still be called quitting. He put up numbers...Yeah and..? He still lost 19 in a row in that 03-04 season. But Nah, It wasn't his fault his teammates were pathetic.

04-05 Rockets failed to get out of the 1st round. Psh.. Not T-Mac's fault at all. His teammates still suck

06-07 Rockets Failed to get out of the 1st round despite being favored. Psh.. All Yao's fault for not getting 2 more rebounds in Game 7.

07-08 Rockets failed to get out of the 1st round. Psh... Yao didn't play, we would've OWNED them If we did.

The only thing I see is a bunch of excuse making T-Mac only fan pansies.