1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2009 Offseason [Trades, Free Agents]

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ItsMyFault, May 17, 2009.

Tags:
  1. rocket1710

rocket1710 Member

now i know you guys are probably not gonna agree with this but i think it would pay off... 1st sign antonio mcdyess to a 2 year deal and have him back-up yao at the center position he's played a lot of center with the pistons and can still contribute... 2nd we need a sf/sg and a free agent that comes to mind is desmond mason... why him? well he's athletic can dunk the ball and is a gritty defender.. yes he cant shoot but we dont need him too he can finish around the basket and wouldn't disrupt the chemistry we have... now look at how our second unit would be with them.... lowry , wafer, mason , landry , and mcdyess a very soild bench.... now the rockets are also looking for a veteran point guard who will basically be insurance if a injury happen to brooks or lowry... i know he can still ball and shoot the 3 very good... troy hudson.. why hudson well you seen what he did with the wolves yes he's had injuries but what player hasn't he would be a great insurance at pg.... so what do you guys think?? i know it sounds a little crazy but we would be able to contend with a team like this... thoughts??

2. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

McDyess, yes. Not sure about Desmond Mason. And I don't think Hudson is someone the Rockets are interested in.

3. kegray34

kegray34 Contributing Member

I think McGrady will not be of any value until the deadline.

Let's pretend Charlotte was willing to send you Okafor and Wallace for Mcgrady.
    Why would they do this before the season when T-Mac is probably not even going to be on the floor until Jan.
    Why would Charlotte or any team want Mcgrady this off season when they can get his contract later and keep players that are contributing until then??

4. Suuso

Suuso Member

So we are ready to replace T-Mac with Desmond Mason?? After we re-sign Artest and Wafer we are set at 2-3 positions.

5. rocket1710

rocket1710 Member

no, t-mac is gonna come back and contribute but you all know we always have injuries and having players fill in for the mean time wouldn't hurt... im pretty sure we'll resign both wafer and artest... just look at the starting line-up brooks, artest, battier, scola, yao, ....bench lowry, wafer, mason, landry, mcdyess... are you trying to tell me you wouldnt want a bench like that?? now t-mac sais he's aiming to return for training camp if he doesn't we have a solid core to hold it down when he comes back then adelman will figure out how to use all his pieces theres no reason to trade anyone with the exception of cook cause he was just a throw in for lowry.. but were talking about a undermaned rockets team that took the lakers to game 7 if we keep the same team next season and add mcdyess and mason that will only make our team stronger.... i think it makes sense rockets were interested in mcdyess when he got bought out but they didnt have the money to sign him now in the off-season he wants to go to a contender which is the rockets he's from houston and would fit perfectly with us.... desmond mason is a free agent this off-season as well and is a veteran small forward who would bring energy off the bench.... with lowry running the break i can just see mason catching the alleyoop for a dunk and is also a capable defender and most important a team player.... now im no gm but like every member on clutchfans we have our own thoughts to make the rockets better... these our just my thoughts on what i believe in, if morey pulls these moves off there is no team that can mess with clutch city!!! :D ..... by the way do you think the rockets would be willing to sign marcus williams he's young and did play with behind j-kidd with the nets then i have no idea what happend to him on the warriors but he can ball and would be an insurance to brooks or lowry.... thoughts??

6. cjtaylorpt

cjtaylorpt Member

That would suck for the Timberwolves. They just lost their best player for absolutely nothing.

7. D-rock

D-rock Member

If this is the deal, pull the trigger. Any chance Bulls also give up Omar Asik's rights for picks/cash? That would solve all the Rockets' needs with one trade.

8. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

This was brought up in another thread but how about:

J. Rich and Nash for Tracy, Lowry, and Landry

I have to give credit to IAmKhan for this one, but this would be great for us in getting a vet PG with a starting SG plus the 1st round pick we are going to buy from whatever team.

9. worzel gummidge

http://blog.mlive.com/fullcourtpress/2009/06/draft_express_detroit_oklahoma.html
    If the Pistons do that trade they'd be in position to make another deal where they can absorb McGrady's contract.

10. ItsMyFault

ItsMyFault Contributing Member

Honestly... that's crap. Lowry and Landry are our future, and as they build up their talent level even more... their value will go higher. No point in trading for a 36 year old Steve Nash and poor man's Andre Iguodala (sorry, I don't think J. Rich is really that kind of player anymore).

11. Petey-N-Htown

Petey-N-Htown Member

That would be fine with me.

12. ABZERO

ABZERO Member

Just a thought. Does anybody know what happened to Jerryd Bayless ? He didn't get enough PT this season in Portland. Furthermore, the Blazers have eyes for Curry. Is there any way to get Jerryd Bayless ?

13. BimaThug

BimaThug Resident Capologist
    Supporting Member

I think the Blazers still highly value Bayless. He was learning from the bench last season, but they expect to integrate him as a rotation regular next year. Any deal the Rockets could make for Bayless would probably have to involve Aaron Brooks.

14. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

Ok since that's crap. I would actually like them to throw in there #1 draft pick. We can use that on whatever SG, C, or SF of the future we'd like or maybe even get back a better PF than Landry. Also if we still bought another late 1st round pick we could pick up even more talent. Plus we still have AB that, who better than, Steve Nash could mentor him to become an even better PG.

15. Obito

Obito Contributing Member

How about Tmac and draft pick for Monta and Captain Jack?

16. jsd59

jsd59 Member

I dont know the financial side of what shaq makes but i think he would be a perfect backup for yao.i think phoenix want to trade him so i think we could look into that possibility....what do yall think about that backup???

17. TMac4Life#1

TMac4Life#1 Member

I wonder what happened to the other trade thread that was 90 something pages. :confused: :confused:

18. ItsMyFault

ItsMyFault Contributing Member

What is that old ass going to teach AB? AB is a scorer, not really a passer, he can't change that. AB will be more like Iverson... a scorer, who can still pass, but will look to get his shot first. Landry has really impressed me this past season, overcoming his bullet, and still being able to jump out of the building... also his mid-range jumper has really improved to a point where it's almost deadly and a viable scoring option to go to if you're doing a pick and pop play. The draft this year is going to surprise a lot of people, it's not as much talent as people think, plus, I doubt they'll throw the pick, if anything, they are trying to get younger again, maybe get someone like Ty Lawson.

19. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

i'm not saying nash is the way to go...but nash has great patience with the ball, rarely picks up his dribble and those are makjor weaknesses in Brooks' game, he could definitelty learn a lot about that from Nash, and it wouldn't mean changing his game from scoring to passing..

20. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

Bayless just needs time, he's still very capable, i think Portland has to figure out their contract issues with all their young guys first before knowing if bayless is part of their future..

curry won't be avilable for portland unless they trade for him....D'antoni depserately wants curry in NY and i can't see him not picking him in the draft at #8 and probably wouldn't trade him either