1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

rockets #2 nba team?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by legacygt777, May 29, 2009.

1. knickstorm

knickstorm Member

uhh if the magic beat the lakers.......are the celtics still the 2nd best team?

2. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

this is a dumb logic.

3. guangzu

guangzu Member

even if fakers sweep magic, magic is still a better (actually much better) team than rox, same goes for nuggets, they are better than rox this year b/c they were in the conference final while we were not, simple as that. seven game means nothing if we were on the lose side.

4. Big MAK

Big MAK Member

I can agree with that (only I'd put SA in the 4 spot). Although, it is hard to judge since we only had a full roster (tracy, ron, and yao) for a few games. On paper, I think we are better than Boston and the rest of the NBA. But, as we all know, what's on paper and what really happens are 2 different things.

5. Rocket86

Rocket86 Member

Does it really matter who number 2 is? Every season only one thing is important and that is to be number 1. The last team standing.

6. hotdamn

hotdamn Member

We would murda the magics without DH.

7. AaronBlurBrooks

anywhere from #3-#5 sounds good

8. MandM's

MandM's Member

no way!

Best teams in order:

1. Lakers
    2. Cavs
    3. Magic
    4. Spurs
    5. Celtics
    6. Rockets

Come on...

9. jwayne

jwayne Member

Are the Rockets the second best team in the league? Well, I dont think we can truly say which teams are the top two regardless of who winds up in the finals. Basically, its all about who peaks at the right time and who has the closer. It is obvious, as much as we or at least I hate him, Kobe Bryant is the best closer in the game. He just has the knack for going off in the fourth, relaxing and free stroking the rock. It is so annoying when it happens but it is what it is. The Rockets in my honest opinion, despite being knocked out of the playoffs, were the most entertaining team in the "tournament" this year. They clicked at the right time but unfortunately for us, the Houston Rockets fans, they did not have the stamina to go the distance, nor might I say much help from the leagues police officers, otherwise known as officials. :p Overall though, I am very enthused a bout next season. I do believe we will re-sign Artest and hopefully even Wafer, so long as he keeps his head right. We saw signs of why he has been with so many teams in such a short career thus far. The guys has crazy talent and can flourish if he plays within the system and simply knows his role, to take a line from "The Rock". ;) Yao proved in the playoffs that he is a leader, he has a true "heart of a champion" and he wants nothing short than to be a champion. AB is going to be a player, Lowry is truly a game changing bull dog type and Scola... as awkward as the dude is, he just flat gets his job done. He is a hard worker. In fact go ahead and extend him too, if he will sign. He may be smarter than that right now! ;) Anyhow, are we the second best team? Eh... Who cares, we were the most entertaining... I'll take that and I anxiously await the fall... especially October when the games begin... again...

10. cst_chenchen

cst_chenchen Member

They are the best one in my mind.

11. bratna8

bratna8 Member

Cavs #2......seriously dude??? :rolleyes:

12. NoBodyAnswers

NoBodyAnswers Member

No, some #1 and some #30