1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The physical test report of Yao Ming

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by windandsea, Jun 8, 2002.

1. Preston27

Preston27 Contributing Member

Thanks for the information windandsea.

Personally, I would like the Rockets medical staff to perform another physical, just in case the Chicago one missed something. Better to be safe than sorry.

2. oeilpere

oeilpere Member

With all due respect I have two things to say to all this:

1. ABSOLUTE BS:

I can't believe no one would find such a move absolutely asinine ...

When you’re planning your wedding, try convincing your bridegroom that it’s okay for a group of complete strangers to pick her dress and bride maid’s gowns.

Uh,huh. Right.

That would go over really big!

2. ABSOLUTE BS

As a fan who loves the game, I 'm getting more and more frustrated everyday when I hear all this hoopla about a basketball player that will be given an opportunity to play with and against the best players in the world ... a guy who has all of this retinue of hangers-on, who decide what is and what is not correct for him ... and demanding ... yes let's get it straight ... demanding that the team that is in the best position of drafting him start jumping through unprecedented hoops ... I never liked that train of "handlers" with American-born "prospects" ... surrounded by their mouthpieces and spin merchants ... and I like it even less when it is being thrown out there that my team ... the Rockets ... is the bad guy everytime they ask to have some normal concession ... like get assurances that the player they will draft will actually get to play, or practice, or have a physical examination ... It pisses me off to no end that any referneces to their objections ( and they are being very patient in all og this ) must be EXCUSED as some language "miscommunication", some acceptable "miss- exchanges of ideas" between diverse cultures.

... "oh ... ah well ... we had a medical exam done ... everythings okay now ... don't worry ... huh? what ... ahhhh no Ming is not available for your medical Mr. Alexander ... just take these medical summaries ... he's okay ... ahhh now when do we get our money and why do you want to talk to Ming .... I said you can't have another medical it's done already, and no you can't talk to him he's ... ah .... resting ... somewhere ... okay? Now ... about the money .... "

And please windandsea, this is not meant in any disrespectful way ... but I fully understand that in your culture as well as in ours we both understand the difference between saving face and being slapped in it.

Up to this point it appears there has only been one side showing respect in these negotiations.

IMHO anyway.

Cheers

3. Hottoddie

Hottoddie Contributing Member

It's good to hear from you again OP.

I completely agree with you. Quite frankly, I believe the team could build a much stronger & deeper team, by making a series of trades to load up on veterans & second to third year players, while picking up some future picks & dumping some dead weight.

However, whatever the Rockets decide to do will be just fine with me.

4. oeilpere

oeilpere Member

Rum N' Butta said: "However, whatever the Rockets decide to do will be just fine with me.

Ditto.

5. Hottoddie

LOL :D

By the way, any tidbits that you can throw our way? :)

6. oeilpere

oeilpere Member

Hate to throw something like this into this thread but ...

The Miami-Portland-Phoenix trade talks ... whether they get it done is another story ... but, Mighty Mouse, Rasta and Penny (plus a whack of picks) trade talk is for real.

The biggest talkers (ands some say balkers) in the league right now are Chicago (they want it all!), Clippers ( they can't use a whole lot that will be available at their pick) Toronto ( man I have heard some weird stuff ... none of it comfirmed ... out of TO involving that high-flying Raptor - again Chicago is in the mix) and persistent Knicks stuff.

Weird summer season coming.

7. Hottoddie

Thanks OP. I've gotten tired of reading all the posts, for & against drafting Ming. It's good to hear about other info. Keep it coming when you can. Has Chicago shown any interest in trading for Ming?

If you'd rather answer this in a stand alone thread, please do.

8. BlazerGal

BlazerGal Member

Last i heard, Portland backed away from that trade and it's not going through.....Penny is too big of a risk and a contract.

oh and nice being here again :cool:

9. ESource

ESource Member

I absolutely agree with you! BUT, I'm not as upset about all of this BECUZ there's "no gun" pointed at the Rockets' head to take Ming. The organization has decided to pursue Ming and seem willing to "jump thru the hoops" in order to get him. Now, I don't like it either BUT if they're willing to endure it, then more power to them. BUT I'm not going to take it personally and why should I?! JMO.....:cool: